The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-24-2017

Today is "tomorrow" and 11:30am will be the "morning". Let's see if the landlord show ups, brings the lease contract with him and if we can inspect the apartment....

We have an appointment with the plumber about the heating control system. Most heater are uncomfortable to reach and we need some convenient controls. The living room, dining room and kitchen are one open area with three heaters that need a joined control.My wife is afraid to end up with a high sophisticated system based on Wifi, bluetooth, internet and iPhone only. Here concerns are valid. Most modern systems are 90% implemented in software and only 10% in (low cost) hardware.

A parcel with an Atlas CR 8-40B from USA is announced for delivery between 12 and 4pm. I may miss that parcel. I hope a friendly neighbor will handle it for me.

Update:
The apartment has been inspected and rented for April and Mai. It is very nice and tasteful furnished. The landlord and the landlady where present and cleaning it up for another short time rent stating next Sunday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-24-2017

Good morning everyone, a bit damp and chilly here this morning. We had rain on and off all day yesterday. My son said there was even hail at his house. Probably ours too since we only live about a mile apart, but we were inside and missed it. Lots more snow up north, a delight for those that appreciate it. The showed pictures from up there where I guess they now have plastic sleds that people use to slide down hills in the snow. The problem is, that they must break easily and they just walk away and leave them at the bottom of the hill. There were literally hundreds of them, all colors, spread around, a real shame on those that don't care.

Thank you for you thoughts and concern Frank, it's been kind of rough the past few days, but we always seem to get though those times.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-24-2017

Greetings, gang.

30 headed for 32 with a winter storm warning. We are now predicted to get up to 9 inches of snow by tomorrow. That's bad enough but when the temp is this warm the snow is very heavy so I'll need to clean the sidewalks frequently. Otherwise the snow blower can't handle it. I need to get it cleared because after the snow stops the temps will be going down. Once it freezes dynamite is about the only way to get the snow removed.

Other plans include a trip to the store for essentials (beer and donuts) before the storm hits.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-24-2017

Morning all. Sunny and 48 degrees. Warming fast. Will hit the 60's today. Meetings starting at noon.
Tom, that is the type of snow we get. Wet and heavy. Then freezes hard at night. Usually in a day or so, warms and melts. Last one didn't as stayed below freezing for a few days. Unusual for us.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-25-2017

Morning. 50 degrees. Went up one degree in 5 minutes. Going to 71 degrees today.
One lunch meeting so hope to get errands done that I wanted to do two days ago. Try and stay away from Town Hall so I can.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-25-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 30 with some light snow. High for today is supposed to be 32 but we hit that about 2 AM. Temps will continue to drop through the day with an overnight low of about 22. We picked up about 6 inches of snow. I ran the snow blower twice last night and again this morning but the snow wasn't nearly as wet as I was afraid it would be.

Not much else on tap for today. I may have to run the snow blower one more time as it is continuing to snow.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-26-2017

Hello Blue
40s today with the usual winter overcast.
No special train news, A new Lionel catalog is out but they have gotten too expensive for me.
I have enough.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-27-2017

Greetings, gang.

Actual sunshine is occurring outside my window this morning. Right now it's 10 headed for a high in the mid 20s. Coldest temperature I've had for quite some time.

Not much going on around here. Went to beer and bereavement last night. Very routine. I did find out one of our summer members was in the hospital for three days. COPD and some heart issues. Don't have all the details yet.

I'm also at a thinking point on a kit I've been working on. It's a Ye Olde Huff and Puff building. I don't like the way they want me to build the loading dock. Way to fiddly. Trying to decide how to modify the dock to make it easier.

Only items on the agenda for today are laundry and a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-27-2017

The heating control system from Honywell (http://getconnected.honeywell.com/en/evohome) is configured and in the order process. I suggested they install it temporary at the current heaters to check the functionality. I am unsure where the control unit must be placed to have WLAN connectivity to all controlled valves at the heaters.
My wife is constantly reconfiguring, improving and enhancing the cabinets in her room. She has unique requirements to store all her thread reels and needs "something" on the desk to have the iMac screen at the perfect hight.

I will be totally exhausted when everything is over 1.st June..... Worship

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-27-2017

Morning. Sunny and 47 degrees. Only getting into the 50's today. Chili cook off judging at local black church. Big Grin was sick Wednesday night and yesterday AM. Stayed home yesterday until 5 PM. Rolesville HS midyear graduation last night. Feel great today.

Hope all OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-29-2017

faraway Wrote:everything is over 1.st June..... Worship
Dreamer!

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 28 headed for about 34. 41 for tomorrow then back to the upper 20s for the remainder of the week.

Reinhard - do you really think it will be completed by then? A while back we had new siding put on the house. Was supposed to take a week. Took 3 months. Best of luck in getting the work completed on time.

Not much going on around here. Today's agenda consists of a trip to the store with a stop for breakfast on the way.

Frank - glad you're feeling better.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-29-2017

Evening all. Hope all OK. Passing through. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-30-2017

FiatFan Wrote:..... do you really think it will be completed by then?.....
May be wise to do some replacement in the shower too and one glass door is constantly misaligned due to poor construction and might be replaced too...... Ongoing changes are one of the most critical reasons to delay the completion of projects.
I do better hope and smile instead of thinking.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-30-2017

Good morning all, a bit chilly here this morning, but the forecast calls for mid to high 70's all week. Not too shabby since the Phoenix Open starts today with tens of thousands coming here for the event. Lots of private jets at all local airports. I often wonder why the final day is on the same day as the Super Bowl. I remember the first year they played the Super Bowl here, they kept the schedule for the Open, it was best to stay indoors or as many did, go out of town for the weekend. The next time, they waited a day before they did the final round. Still, all the airports are wingtip to wingtip with corporate and other private jets. We just finished a number of high-end auto auctions, again, it was hard to find a parking space for our Lear Jet Icon_lol , all those high rollers spending millions on an old vehicle that we probably owned once and traded in for peanuts, now they're back to watch a game (golf and/or football) that they could watch on TV for free.... I guess if you got it, you spend it. Popcornbeer

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-30-2017

Greetings, gang.

Partly sunny and 34 headed for a high of about 43 this afternoon.

Quiet weekend for me. I did buy some new drip pans for the stove. And of course the first time I used the stove one pan boiled over on me. On tap for today is a trip to the gym and changing the oil on my car this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom