The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-04-2017

Morning. Slept till 8. Chores inside this AM. Sunny but chilly 35 degrees. Warming trend through Wed. Maybe 70 that day. Funny. Numerous guys on the rifle forum say they do NOT watch the Super Bowl. Lots say due to half time political actions. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-05-2017

Morning. Everyone hibernating??? Was sleeting early and now sunny and 45 degrees. Mid 50's today. What a change. 70's by Tuesday.
Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-05-2017

Greetings,gang.

Sunny and 25 headed for 32. 41 tomorrow then 8 by Tuesday morning. Goofy winter.

Not hibernating, just nothing going on. High point of my day yesterday was buying a donut at Walmart yesterday while shopping.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-05-2017

Good morning. My first post using my new laptop. It's a cheapie, and I'm not a fan of laptops to begin with, but I have a need coming up, so I'm going to have to get use to it. I say, cheapie, but it does have a 15.6" screen, 4 gig of memory and 1TB hard drive, all for under $250. I'll just call it a bargain instead. I'll be spending the next few days getting it set up, the next thing I have to do is to somehow disable this cursor pad. I keep hitting it as I type and weird things happen.

Evrything is nice here, a shame I don't do golf, it would be the perfect time to go to the Phoenix Open, along with some 250,000 other folks...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-05-2017

Hello Blue
A typical Michigan day, overcast and 30s.
Met up with some train fellers last night we had some guy food and ran some trains.
Don't care who wins the Super Bowl but will watch it.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-06-2017

Sunny and 53 degrees. Going into the 60's today. Wifey took Great Niece to school and then she went to work. Errands until County Commissioners' tonight. Got a fire storm heated up with Co. Planning staff. Seems they approved a subdivision within our area that is suppose to be in Town Limits. Now permits issued and etc. Can't back out our they will get sued. They claim they notified us and we never got. They did not follow up. This will wake them up as Commissioners not happy.

Hope all have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-06-2017

Chief:
City we used to live in issued a permit for a house that went right to the lot lines (almost). Building was half done when neighbours started objecting and city hall found that it violated all the zoning and shouldn't have been given permit. Last time I went by it was still half finished.

Big national book chain is p*****g me off. Local store being rebuilt. Quarter of the shelves have disappeared and the magazine section has shrunk. They say that the magazine section will be down 40%. Right now there are 3 model RR magazines (no British) and NO prototype.
Went off to another town to see if I could find less available mag. First store was out. Second store was also being rebuilt and had NO MAGAZINES AT ALL!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-07-2017

Greetings, gang.

It's a foggy 36 outside my window this morning and that's about as warm as it's going to be. Winds are supposed to shift around to the north and hit 25 mph later this morning with falling temps. Chili and cornbread are on the menu for tonight. Yesterday it hit 46 degrees, warm enough to fire up the space heater and sit on the front porch. Very nice day for February.

Sunday I watched the game through half time and Atlanta's touchdown at the start of the second half. Decided it was going to be a blowout and found something else to do. Imagine my surprise when I saw the score later in the evening.

This morning I'm off to Menards and Walmart followed by the monthly bereavement at 10. This afternoon's agenda remains open.

Prayers for Mrs Daze and all others in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-08-2017

Another 70 degree days for us. Cooler tomorrow but right back up for weekend. Great for doing outside chores.

Hope all OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-09-2017

Good morning all, I guess I was confused, no 80's yesterday, they're saying today is the day it could get up to 84, and 86 by tomorrow. Saturday is another story though, dropping down into the 70's and a good chance of rain. I was going to get the van washed until I heard about the rain. Going to wait until next week for that. The last couple of rain sessions we had has really cultivated our crop of weeds. We have an all gravel yard, and it's hard to get those little suckers when they sprout out between the rock. I see just about everyone in the neighborhood spraying their yards before the HOA police drive by and issue weed citations. Lat year we got two citations for weeds and one for parking with one tire off the concrete driveway by about two inches. They dismissed one weed and the parking citation on appeal, but they are sneaky and will be back, this is their favorite time of the year when just about everyone gets weeds growing in their yards...

Thank you for the prayers and thoughts for my wife. In addition to her main health issue, she is now scheduled to get her left hip replaced. Right now she can get around a bit with a walker, but I know she's in constant pain even while taking pain meds. She'll do OK, but the recovery process is going to be more difficult for her than normal....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-09-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 9 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the low 20s. Temps warm considerably starting tomorrow. Highs will be in the mid to upper 40s through next Tuesday.

Winter doldrums around here. Not a lot going on. Need to call the car dealer to schedule an appointment for a recall.

Don - all that hassle with the HOA is why I would never buy a home covered by one. I understand that's hard to do with newer homes but to me it strikes against one of the freedoms we should be able to enjoy. I'll stop here before I get too political and get sent to a neutral corner for a timeout. Prayers for a successful surgery for your wife.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-09-2017

FiatFan Wrote:...Don - all that hassle with the HOA is why I would never buy a home covered by one. I understand that's hard to do with newer homes but to me it strikes against one of the freedoms we should be able to enjoy. I'll stop here before I get too political and get sent to a neutral corner for a timeout. Prayers for a successful surgery for your wife.

All stay safe.

Tom

Thanks for the prayers, she'll need them. As far as HOA's, they do good at preventing someone from painting their house purple or leaving a car on blocks on the street for weeks. Any yeah, keeping yards and houses from getting too sloppy-looking is fine too, but some go way too far and so I'd rather wing it without their help.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-09-2017

ezdays Wrote:Good morning all, I guess I was confused, no 80's yesterday, they're saying today is the day it could get up to 84, and 86 by tomorrow. Saturday is another story though, dropping down into the 70's and a good chance of rain. I was going to get the van washed until I heard about the rain. Going to wait until next week for that. The last couple of rain sessions we had has really cultivated our crop of weeds. We have an all gravel yard, and it's hard to get those little suckers when they sprout out between the rock. I see just about everyone in the neighborhood spraying their yards before the HOA police drive by and issue weed citations. Lat year we got two citations for weeds and one for parking with one tire off the concrete driveway by about two inches. They dismissed one weed and the parking citation on appeal, but they are sneaky and will be back, this is their favorite time of the year when just about everyone gets weeds growing in their yards...

We have then but I give them h--- if they get over bearing. Town Manager has a fit as says not Town thing. I say it is.

Thank you for the prayers and thoughts for my wife. In addition to her main health issue, she is now scheduled to get her left hip replaced. Right now she can get around a bit with a walker, but I know she's in constant pain even while taking pain meds. She'll do OK, but the recovery process is going to be more difficult for her than normal....

Going to be rough on you too. Prayers.

Sunny and real windy. 70's yesterday. 40's today. 40's tomorrow. Back in the high 60's Saturday and 70's Sunday. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Mike Kieran - 02-09-2017

NYC snow doesn't appear to be Snowmageddon like what was forcast. Subways still running though (for now). I had to go to work, but my wife had the day off because NYC Department of Ed closed the schools, so she got to stay home, play in the snow, and bake cookies with our 2 year old daughter. So jealous! It sometimes pays to be a teacher.

Don, my thoughts go out to your wife. I hope that all goes well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-10-2017

Morning. 37 and warming in the sun. 40's today and 60's tomorrow.

Now to go run an errand for DIL. Then lunch with her.

Gas company came by. Good I was home. Had to shut off gas to fix a small leak. Was on their side of the meter. Guy made sure all was working great before he left. If not home, I guess he would have left a note. Then I would have had to handle. All electronic except hot water heater is pilot. Easy to restart.

Hope all have a great day.