The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-15-2017

Morning rain and 44 degrees. Much needed rain. Regional Transportation Committee this afternoon at 4. Wifey doing her Master Gardener's thing with the senior living home. They are starting seeds. Then will transplant them into food plot outside. Great project.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-15-2017

Good morning all, got some weeding done yesterday with my new weeder. It worked just fine but for some reason, it just seemed to sap the energy out of me after about a half-hour of work, or is it the fact that I'm just a bit older now and doing stuff like this should be just among my memories? Not the weeder's fault, nor is it that it hit a buried sprinkler feed line a few times. Now when the yard guy gets here tomorrow, he not only has to finish weeding, but has to repair the line as well. :oops:

Today they stage our house and get it ready for photos and buyer showings.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-16-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 45 headed for 55. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60s. Then 50s for the remainder of the weekend. Bicycle may be ridden tomorrow and trains will run!

Not much else going on around here. Hope all have a great weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-16-2017

It's still good morning here for a little bit. Yard guy was here, took care of all the weeds and fixed my broken sprinkler pipe, and for some reason, I didn't have to quibble with him over the price. Normally he comes in high, then I offer him what I think is reasonable and he's OK with that. Occasionally, he hits me with a price that I can't refuse.... Getting ready for the real estate photographer next week, then we're on the real estate market once again.

Rain expected tomorrow and over the weekend. I guess we're looking at more weeds after that, typical for this time of the year.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 02-16-2017

Good evening folks,

What is it everytime I try to get active on Big Blue something happens? 35 Curse Eek

Cleaning up the basement so I can get back to modeling I aggravated my shoulder. I write a reply about my son's college selection process as a follow up to the one I wrote about my daughter and it gets saved to the cyber Twilight Zone never to be seen again. My wife accidently dry fires her bow and freaks out that she may have damaged it. Luckily she did not. The new dog had a bout of diarrhea for about a week. I now have the cleanest carpets in Drexel Hill.

This morning I forgot to take something out of the freezer for dinner. So it is steak sandwich and hoagies for dinner from the corner shop. If I get them delivered it is an hour if I pick up 20 minutes. Guess where I am going after I post this?

Just maybe we will get down to Towson, MD to see my daughter and the New Jersey City University Women's Bowling team bowl in a tournament hosted by Morgan State this weekend.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

Now where's my keys? In the front door lock where I left them when I got home. I hope...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-16-2017

It's good to hear from you Tom. It has been a while since I have seen one of your photo run-bys. I hope everything gets on track for you.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-16-2017

Tom:
We have a product called Stain and Stank (from Bissell). It is supposed to clear up stains from either end of your pets and it works well with our cats. I picked up a stock when one of our small chain stores cleared out.

We had a visit from the daughter of old friends who just moved on from 6 years as Head of Honours for Canada. It's now too late for express, unquestioning approval of my Order of Canada. Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-17-2017

Good morning all, lots to do to get ready for the real estate photographer next week. Weeds are all gone and the pipe I broke is repaired, all at a reasonable price. Normally I have to dicker with the guy, but yesterday he started of at the right price, even a bit lower than I expected to pay. Anyway, the outside is looking good, and just a few minor changes (I may need a shovel to deal with my den though), and we're done with staging the inside as well.

Rain in the forecast for the next few days, then, of course, it'll be nothing but sunshine since Spring Training starts in about a week.

Ya all have a great weekend.... Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-17-2017

Hello Blue
Sun and 40s today, a chance at 60 over the weekend, extremely unusual for a Michigan February.
This is a nice forum but I see very few responses from here so I find no need to post often.
Just checkin in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-18-2017

Greetings, gang.

Another fantastic day under way in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 36 headed for a high in the upper 50s. Yesterday's high was 64. Tomorrow and Monday it's back to the 60s.

I did ride the bike yesterday but no trains in the back yard. Too muddy to clear the track. Also noticed a spot that will probably have to be repaired .

Also had a fire in the pit and grilled some brats. Homemade potato salad and baked beans completed the menu, making for a very tasty supper.

On tap for today is to watch my grandson play hockey. Gotta love internet streaming. Speaking of which, here's another great time waster. NOAA is using a remote control submarine in the ocean south of American Samoa and streaming live. Here's the link:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/okeanos/media/exstream/exstream_02.html">http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/okeanos/m ... am_02.html</a><!-- m -->

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-18-2017

Morning all. Left early and went down east yesterday. Actually ran the chainsaw yesterday a little longer than I like. Still was fun. Love getting into the woods. Met with farmer and got some things going on path rebuild and etc. Great guy.

Tom, sounds like some good food and fun.

Hope all are OK. Special prayers for CA. Hope all those east of it don't get it next.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-19-2017

Good morning all, rain on and off all day yesterday from light to medium, suppose to get up to 1" this weekend. Not like those folks in CA though, just enough to screw up some baseball mini-tournaments. I guess they've been holding them just before Spring Training begins, I've never paid attention before, but I think some of them are college teams here in Surprise, I don't know who is playing elsewhere around the Valley. Hey, I can't even remember who the two teams are that train here in Surprise. I guess my enthusiasm for sports has dwindled with age.

SJ, yeah, things have slowed down here, as it has in a lot of other forums. I stopped by a few other train forums and only one popular one had a lot more recent posts than we have here. I even checked a few card modeling sites and they're slow as well, that includes our old Zealot site, not only the railroad section, but the card sections as well. If it wasn't for the two admins posting, they'd have almost no posts at all. I don't think we know why this trend, but we're doing what we can to keep things going here. We do have some changes in store around late spring-early summer in hopes of giving us more features, but mostly to keep us from potential problems with the software we're using. Regardless of how the trend goes, we'll be here for you. So come back and post often and buck the trend... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-19-2017

Morning Blue
60 for today.
Yesterday it reached 69, official Detroit temp, second highest February temp on record.
I remember Zealot. and I won't abandon the ship.
I'm a 3 railer, lubed and ran some engines yesterday, it's been awhile I ran at home since we have the club meets. All was well except for an MTH/QSI, after some silly clinks and clanks through pure luck I got it running.
S.J.

A friend and I well he did it, have a forum on Proboard called the Railroad Coffee Pot on search you will also find a lot of real coffee pot ads but it's there. He will respond asking for your ID then he will approve if you are interested.

Edit: it occurred to me that some might think I was trying to take from here. That is not the case. The pot was started in June 2013 and I just thought some of you might kike to join us. Like here it is a small group, mostly 3 railers but just chat.
Mods if I'm out of line here just delete.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-19-2017

72 degrees and sunny. Back from Church and lunch. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-19-2017

Greetings, gang.

Yet another nice day in progress. 66 right now under partly cloudy skies. Rain predicted for tomorrow but still warm with temps in the low 60s through Wed.

Just got back from my bike ride. Still taking it easy. Only 6 miles each day. Earlier I watched my grandson's hockey team take third place in the South Dakota state tournament. Up next is anything outside.

All have a great week.

All stay safe.

Tom