The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 02-24-2017

Tom, "my room" will not be affected this year. It will be closed and off limits for all subcontractors. The only exception is the heating under the window. But that is free accessible. Any how I will be present when that heating is exchanged.
My room will be done in 2018 possibly. That would also include a complete new layout. I had first talks with the carpenter about his support getting a solid wooden base.
We had the subcontractor for the parket rework here. He is confused about the kind of parket treatment we need. It looks like lacquered but it is oiled. The trick is it is UV (ultraviolet) oiled and looks like sealed. He has to find out how to do correct maintenance. I guess a non standard surface will not be maintained at standard cost....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-25-2017

Thank you, Reinhard.

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 10 degrees outside my window this morning. Quite a change from Wednesday's high of 70. We got about 10 inches of not so fluffy white stuff from yesterday's storm. With temperatures near freezing most of the snow was pretty wet and hard to move. I ran the snow blower twice yesterday and need to run it again this morning. A lot of wasted effort since the forecast calls for temps above freezing all next week.

Not much on tap for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-25-2017

Morning. Sunny and 68 degrees. Went to the farms yesterday. 77 degrees was the high. Front coming through this afternoon. Temps to drop to more the seasonal for this time of the year. Jumping back up next week. Flowers blooming and trees have leaves. Unusual for us this early.

Hope all OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-25-2017

Good evening, kinda late for me to be posting, but it's been a busy day, one of many that were and many to be. Spring Training games start for real today. Here in Surprise, tickets for the Mariners and Rangers run around $30 except for the two games with the Cubs, they run around $35. Tickets for the Cubs at their field are almost sold out, but the TV sportscaster says there are still a few $50 tickets left for a few games. I was going to run right out and get them but had to stop myself and ask "why?" I've been in Arizona most of the past 65 years and have never gone to a Spring Training game in all that time, so why start now, even if the Cubs won the Worlds Series? We passed a guy standing on the sidewalk outside the field with a mitt on waiting for someone to hit a ball over the fence. Seems like a real waste of time, but to each his own.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-25-2017

DAZ, SP Ray [Ray Suggs] lost his wife to the same "situation" that you have. Prayers for both of you.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-26-2017

Chief Eagles Wrote:DAZ, SP Ray [Ray Suggs] lost his wife to the same "situation" that you have. Prayers for both of you.
Frank, thanks for letting me know and for the prayers. Things don't get easier either. We have no prognosis at this time, but apparently, this is what God intended for us, and so we do hope and pray for the best outcome. Oh, on top of her other health situation, she is scheduled for hip replacement surgery in two weeks.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-26-2017

Good Morning Blue
We have bright sun and 30 degrees. 40 for the day.
Not much going on here,well for me. There is toy train action for some of the club members preparing for our March meet.
We will be running on a layout that is one huge continuous loop and they are going to see how long a train they can put together and actually run successfully.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-27-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 18 degrees this morning with a predicted high in the low 40s.

And so another week begins. Does the week begin on Sunday or Monday? Probably bordering on a religious question which is not appropriate for this forum so the answer is left to individual interpretation.

Enough silliness for today. Had a quiet day yesterday until late afternoon. My grandson invited me to dinner. Met him, his parents, fiance, and the two young (very active) boys for a pleasant meal together. Not much on tap for today. A trip to the gym and maybe start looking for a new counter top for the kitchen.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-27-2017

Morning all. Sunny and 54 degrees and going to mid 60's. Off to lunch with school board member to insure all high schools have a ROTC unit. Now only a few do.
Hope all are OK. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-28-2017

Good morning on this last day of February. Hard to believe that we're headed into the third month of 2017, but we're here. They did forecast 90% chance of rain in the late hours of yesterday, kinda hard to be wrong then since it was already raining when they made that high percentage forecast.... Today, I don't know yet, I think there's still rain in the forecast, bad for those Spring Training games. I guess I have to ask, why do they play football in the rain and snow, but stop a baseball game at the first drop of rain?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-28-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 36 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 40s again.

Nothing much accomplished yesterday and today is not looking promising either. I've already been grocery shopping and will be heading to the gym soon. Other than that nothing else planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-28-2017

Morning. 72 degrees and sunny. Was suppose to be a chance of showers. Think the blew away. Now they say tomorrow night. ?
Prune grapevines as almost too late with the early spring.
Phone has not let me alone. Maybe it will now.
Prayers for DAZ and Tom.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-28-2017

Hello Blue
Strangest February ever. No snow and days in the 60s and a few70s. It's 50 now.
March can be nasty but who cares, winter is behind us.
Well there were no takers on our forum, that's fine. I just thought you guys might like to meet some new train nuts.
Only news here is my hand operation is healing nicely
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-01-2017

Morning. 67 degrees and cloudy. Windy. Rain to come tonight. Not as bad as those out west of us. Prayers for them. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-01-2017

Good morning all. Just a bit rainy around here, some flooding where washes cross over roads, but not as bad as some areas in CA. No more rain in the forecast, great weather for baseball, highs break into the 80's by this weekend.