The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-07-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 37 this morning with a high in the low 50s. Got to 73 yesterday and then the storm came through. A small tornado in the southern part of the county. No damage or injuries.

I did make it to the gym but didn't get to Menards so that is on the agenda for today. Also went for a two mile walk yesterday since the weather was nice but w-a-a-y to windy to ride the bike. Winds hit 45 mph yesterday. Also on tap for today is the monthly bereavement group.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-07-2017

Quiet, normal day until I spilled the flux. See my thread on that.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-08-2017

We had yesterday the great all subcontractors meeting to get all interfaces and dependencies fixed. It went very well and the final project plan will communicated early next week. Only the painter was missing. She will be here on Friday for a separate session.
The dinner with my old colleagues went formally very well but i felt misplaced and depressed afterwards. I think a period of my life is over and it should be in the memories only. The company and the business world is changing to fast to be a "honorary" member. Out is out and that is fine with me. I am a happy retiree, no more, no less.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-08-2017

Busy morning. 70 degrees and sunny is the forecast after an early morning line of showers.

Police Officer SRO from high school incident was not charged by the Grand Jury. Everyone happy.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-08-2017

Reinhard, one reason I didn't go to my 50th high school reunion was that many of the same people that ignored me in school were the same ones that were attending. I was not going to travel some 2500 miles just to not still fit in. Just like you, I'm OK to be retired and to have the life I've got and to just let them have theirs.

Today, we're going to be back in the 80's and get to around 87 by the weekend. With all the rain we've had and now the warm weather, we're looking at a bumper crop of weeds. Our HOA is going to have a real bonus with all the fines they'll levy for weeds on everyone's lawns.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-09-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool this morning but no wind. A big change from the last several days. More change on the way also. The weather "experts" are talking about snow for the weekend.

Finished reviewing all 16,000+ photos and found lots of duplicates. Next up is to get portable drives so I can give each of the kids a copy of all our digital photos taken over the past 15+ years.

On tap for today is a trip to the gym this morning and beer and bereavement this evening.

Don - I didn't go to my 50th reunion (or any of the others for that matter). They didn't talk to me then, why should I want to talk to them now? Anyway, they're just a bunch of old people. Who wants to hang out with them? Nope

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-09-2017

ezdays Wrote:one reason I didn't go to my 50th high school reunion was that many of the same people that ignored me in school were the same ones that were attending.
Don, it's the same in most places. I never went to a reunion, now all there is are the all class reunions. It has been 56 years. Oh, they still want my money.
If you weren't in the "click" you were never recognized. The best part of being from my hometown is "from" 40 years of mismanagement has reduced the population from 29,000 to 12,000 and all that's left are craters. My old neighborhood that was all decent hard working folks is now nothing but drug infested punks.
Calling for a cold day with snow developing this afternoon.

Tom You can upload them to a google photo acount too, it's free and a good backup. You have to allow them to compress them to get it free, but they look great, and they are safe, and you can make albums and share them too.

Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-09-2017

Good morning all, glad to see that I'm not the only one that wasn't part of the click in school. I'm guessing that they only reason they'd want me at "their" reunion would be to show me how great their lives have been and how much better they still are than me. As far as college goes, I don't mind communicating with old friends from there, but the school itself thinks that I'm a multimillionaire thanks to them, and they want a piece of that success. They're always asking for me to join their alumni organization or otherwise donate to the cause. They also think I can afford some of those school-sponsored cruises that run about $10,000 a person. I guess sometimes it's good to be a loner.

Temps to reach into the high 80's today and to continue for at least a week.

My wife gets hip replacement surgery on Monday, please keep her in your prayers for this and her other problems as you always do.....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-10-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 10 degrees outside my window this morning, a far cry from Monday's 73. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 20s with a light dusting of snow overnight. More snow is expected for Sunday evening.

Not much happened around here yesterday. This afternoon I'm going to the local Home and Garden Show.

The only reason I would attend a class reunion is to go around to different tables and tell a different story at each table. Then slip out and let them try to figure out how my life actually turned out.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-10-2017

Good morning all, here we are at another weekend just hours away. Temps right now in the 60's, heading for the high 80's. I even see a few 90's in the forecast for the beginning of the week.

Tom, that's a neat plan, but I think in my case, after I left, they'd say, "who the heck was that guy?". Yeah, like I said, no one cared about me in high school, why would they now? They're there just to show how successful they are. "I had to cut my Hawaii vacation short and fly here to New Jersey in my private jet just to see all my old friends", says one. The other replies, "I didn't travel that far, my helicopter was parked on top of one of the skyscrapers that I own in downtown Chicago, so I just grabbed that and came for this grand reunion"....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-10-2017

Hello Blue
Just checking in.
26 degrees with sun.
A terrible Wednesday here and for others as well. Howling winds for over 12 hours caused considerable damage to the power grid.
Still over a half million w/o power and some won't be back on till Sunday or later. Edison says second worst storm damage ever.
That make's a mighty cold house with temps below freezing.
Club meet tomorrow with an attempt to successfully run a 150 car 3r freight train.
Only real problem I see is keeping couplers closed.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-10-2017

Charlie - I meant to respond to your suggestion in my first post. My son has used drop box. When he travels overseas he takes lots of pictures and uses drop box. When I first signed up for drop box it immediately tried to copy all of my photos to their drive. Since then I've been leery of any on line service. I also don't like the fact that it's easy for someone to raid my account and use my photos for their purpose.

In my opinion, Google is even worse. They snoop on everyone already. That's why I don't use Chrome and use Internet Explorer very sparingly, running 3 different cleaners immediately after each use. I figure any site I look at with either of those browsers is reported to the respective company's servers.

Just the 2¢ of a paranoid old guy.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-11-2017

FiatFan Wrote:Just the 2¢ of a paranoid old guy.

Tom
And now we find out they can listen in using our smart TV's and other appliances, cars and what ever, and are told that government would never spy on a private citizen, and if they do it is for our own good. Curse .and yes, I was born yesterday. Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-12-2017

Good morning all. Another warm day in store for here today, we should hit 90 either today or tomorrow. We had to put the A/C on for a bit the past few nights, just a bit warm inside. Up till now, the heat had been turning on about the same time just to take the chill off, but we are in the transitional period that's confusing our system, to heat or cool, that is the question.....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-12-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 16 degrees headed for about twice that amount. Snow in the forecast for later this afternoon through tomorrow morning with anywhere from 2 to 8 inches expected.

Quiet day yesterday. I did my first run through on taxes and boy, do singles get hit hard! Confusedhock: Also got a birthday present in the mail from my father-in-law. Two packages of vanilla sandwich cookies. Whenever I went to visit them, before I even said hi I would head to the kitchen and grab a couple of cookies out of the jar. So now for Christmas and my birthday I get cookies from them.

On tap for today is starting a pot of chili and probably running the snow blower.

Charlie - probably best I stop talking about this stuff. I could probably get kicked out for getting too far into politics. I will just finish up by saying I'm not real fond of the idea that some hacker could shut my car off in the middle of nowhere.

All stay safe.

Tom