The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-12-2017

Hello Blue
Sun and 20 now, 30 for the hi today.
143-military train cars all 1/48 scale.
95-cars for the freight train.
Not our goal of 150 but close.
Snow expected tomorrow, I don't care, winters over and the snow will be gone in a few days.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-12-2017

We have a wonderful sunny Sunday. No clouds and more then 50°. I had two pieces of cake with lots of whipped cream...... might be little bit to much cream for my stomach.

All subcontractor meetings are held, all proposed and reworked tenders accepted and we are just waiting for the 1st. April to move to the temporary apartment. My wife is getting rid of a lot of stuff since weeks. Mostly in second hand shops (No, second hand shops do not accept used husbands Big Grin ). She feels like a hero. I think those who got the stuff shall clean up the stuff. But that is only my minor opinion.

My best wishes for Don's wife tomorrow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-13-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy, and 19 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. 6 inches of snow have been removed from the sidewalk and driveway and hopefully this will be the last significant snow of the year.

Not much else going on. I made enough food so that I can live on leftovers until Friday. I enjoy eating but not cooking.

Prayers for all in need and also for those in the northeast who are in the path of the pending snowstorm.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-13-2017

Hello Blue
Some lite snow here, most passing to the south of the Detroit area.
After a long Saturday, my 2 son's came over yesterday and we cleaned out the dryer vent pipes. Yeah they sure did need cleaning.
But after that I crashed on the couch. Woke up in time to watch Columbo.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-14-2017

Good morning all. Spent yesterday at the hospital. My wife's hip in the words of her surgeon was, "a mess", but he fixed all that was wrong. With the state of her other issues though, coming out of the anesthesia was not easy, but we're hoping that she'll be able to sleep it off and ready to run around by today. They actually had her walking a bit before I left to come home. Thank you all for your prayers, the task is done but the journey is just beginning. Back to the hospital early this morning since I'm to be part of her therapy plan....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 03-14-2017

Home today because of the blizzard. Last week it was in the 60's, today in the 20's and 30's.
Looked up the local snow alerts and basically after glancing over the hundreds of notices, Everything is Closed... Schools, stores, airport, everything but hospitals.

We are right in the center of the ice/sleet/snow mix, so the roads and sidewalks look clean but they are very slippery. Waiting for it to change over to all snow, then we're supposed to get around 6 inches through this evening.

Happy Pi day!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-14-2017

Hello Blue
Sun and 22 degrees. 2/3 inches of snow from yesterday. Don't matter cause it will be gone soon.

You gotta watch......on OGR Detroit3railers March club video. I wanna see me some feedback on this one.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-14-2017

PC was down from Friday night until today. Didn't use the tablet to check on here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 03-14-2017

sir james Wrote:Hello Blue
Sun and 22 degrees. 2/3 inches of snow from yesterday. Don't matter cause it will be gone soon.

You gotta watch......on OGR Detroit3railers March club video. I wanna see me some feedback on this one.
S.J.
That's a Great video!!!!!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/detroit-3-railers-march-2017-meet">http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/detr ... -2017-meet</a><!-- m -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-15-2017

ngauger Wrote:
sir james Wrote:Hello Blue

S.J.
That's a Great video!!!!!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/detroit-3-railers-march-2017-meet">http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/detr ... -2017-meet</a><!-- m -->

Agree, very professional and well done. Makes me a bit sad that I can't run trains right now, or even model. That will change.

Good morning. My wife's surgery went well, but with her other medical issues, she's not taking to the confinement of being in bed or trussed up. We'll see how's she doing this morning, but she's slated to go into a rehab center for a while, and probably won't like that either. But that's the way it has to be, she needs watching 24/7 for now. Prayers, hope and patience are much needed.....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-15-2017

Greetings, gang.

0 degrees outside my window this morning under clear skies. Headed for a high of 29 and cloudy. Weather prognosticators are saying 50s by the weekend.

Finally heard back from the electrical contractor yesterday afternoon. Work on updating the electrical service will start by the end of the month. Going from 60 amp to 200 amp service and from fuses to circuit breakers.

On tap for today is some bill paying and not much else.

Don - prayers for a speedy recovery for your wife and an easier load on your shoulders. It can be tough sledding sometimes.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-15-2017

Don, my best wishes for your wife and you too.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-15-2017

COLD morning in the South. 26 degrees. Eek Busy day and then work on a High School problem. Getting out of hand. Computer seems to be doing good.

DAZ, you and your Wife are always in my prayers. Long hard battle. You are great to stick it out and not "ship her away". Buddy in CA [originally from NC] just lost his Wife. She had debenture/Alzheimer's and a joint replacement. He finally had to move her to a facility due to her condition. He held out as long as he could. Was really taking a toll on his health. PRAYERS

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-15-2017

Hello Blue
Sun and 30 for the day.
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I knew if I could get you to watch it you would enjoy even if it's not your scale of interest.
The flats were store bought, then detailed. The loads are 1/48 that he bought from all over the globe.
Nothing on my plate for today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-16-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 28 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 40s.

Quiet day yesterday until mid afternoon. Then my daughter and son-in-law showed up and took me out to dinner. On the agenda for today is a trip to the gym this morning and beer and bereavement this afternoon. Also occurring yesterday was a phone call from my sister-in-law. She has suckered me into helping here develop a website. Not real keen on the idea but at least it gives me something to do.

All stay safe.

Tom