The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-16-2017

Good morning, just a quick stop got a busy day ahead. My wife is doing better, they took her off any narcotics for pain and her head and attitude started to come back to normal. They should move her to rehab today so I need to be there for that. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and concern.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-16-2017

That's good news Don, I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-16-2017

Don's good news matches the sunny sky and temperatures close to the 70s. It is almost spring.

We have been this morning at a large lamps wholesale shop to select the lamps. Next is another meeting with the electrician to plan the installation in detail and he will actually order and buy them from the wholesale shop.
The wholesale shop was close to the nice city of Reutlingen. We had a good lunch in our preferred restaurant and stopped at little cottage with restaurant and coffee shop in a forrest on our way home. Had a short walk in the forrest and a good mug of coffee.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-17-2017

Morning all. 40 degrees and sunny. Been cold here. No snow since a dusting Sunday. It melted as fast as it fell.

Busy time Town wise. Big meeting with parents and school board member last night at Town Hall. On school security and etc. Big fire in downtown Raleigh. A biggie. Destroyed at big apartment complex being built and so hot damage buildings next to it. Lots of power and communications out.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-18-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 30 with a predicted high in the mid 40s.

Quiet day yesterday and another one in store for today. Only major activity planned is to get caught up on laundry.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-18-2017

Good morning all, we've has some really nice days here, starts out cool in the morning and by late afternoon it's time to turn the A/C on for a bit. If you don't, it get a bit stuffy around bedtime. We know that this is just the start, we're looking at nothing but warm to hot days coming up.

Spending time between getting stuff packed for our move, and spending time at the hospital's rehab center with my wife. Fortunately, it's only about a 10-20 minute drive depending on the traffic. I sometimes go through a area that been torn up for year now. They just laid blacktop this week on half the road, so I'm guessing that it will be another six months before they finish the job. Most often it's quicker to go two miles out of my way to avoid the construction.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-18-2017

HELLO BLUE
Just checking in.
No breaking news here.
Last night and this morning, big snow flakes, but temp stayed above freezing so it's all gone now.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-18-2017

We had a goodby lunch with my brother and his wife. They are moving to Bavaria next week. There are a lot of jokes about Germany and Bavaria here. It is like the USA and Texas. Bavaria and Texas both gracious accept the other minor states to join them forming a country under their leadership in all aspects Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-20-2017

Greetings, gang.

A pink and grey sunrise this morning, similar in color to a "55 Rambler. Right now it's 39 degrees, headed for a high of 54.

Quiet day yesterday. This morning I'm off to Story City for an eye exam. Not much else planned.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-20-2017

Good first day of Spring to you all. I know, to some it's like the first day of winter, to us here in the Arizona desert, it seems like the first day of Summer. Temps have been running in the mid-90's, about 20 degrees above average. Put the thermostat on A/C and left it there this time. No need for heat right now.

My wife is in rehab right now. Still a hospital-like setting, just that they have a lot of physical therapists working with the patients there. Her hip surgery is doing fine, very little pain, just that she want's out of there and I don't blame her. She's doing well enough that she may not spend the full two weeks there. Busy day today, appointments, packing, moving stuff into storage and spending time with my wife.

Take care, and have a great week....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-20-2017

Don I understand your wife's wish to get home as soon as possible very well. Will the rehab continue when she is at home? Somebody coming to your house and do the exercises with her?

The landlord of the flat we are renting April and May will be on vacation next week and we get the keys this Friday. That is good news. We have a full week to move our belongings we need over two month to the temporary home.
The electrician has been here this morning for the lamps etc. My wife thinks she needs a new lamps in her bathroom too. That means : All rooms will be touched some how during the rework..... I know nobody is surprised by that development.
Last addition is a 10" LAN. The iMac of my wife if currently connected via Wifi to the router on the other side of the wall just in front my me. Wifi is great but LAN is still faster and we will get a hole in wall and a LAN outlet on both sides.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-20-2017

Morning. 46 degrees after a chilled night. Spring has sprung. ???? Will switch from gray to kakis. County Commissioners this after noon.
Prayers for DAZ and your wife. Prayers for Faraway on his temp move and house thingy. Hope all goes well for all of you. Tom, keep up the good keeping going.

Have a great week all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-21-2017

RISE AND SHINE, YOU SLACKERS!

Cloudy and 37 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 40s with a slight chance of rain.

Got my eyes examined yesterday and then walked around town until my eyes recovered from being dilated. This morning I begin the the process of finding new frames. Also on tap for today is some grocery shopping, house cleaning and a trip to the gym.

Don - glad to hear your wife is recovering. Continuing prayers for her and for you.

Reinhard - best of luck on your remodeling project and here's hoping it takes less time than originally planned.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-21-2017

Good morning, than you all for your prayers and concerns. My wife's hip is healing fine, she needs a lot more physical therapy, but she's getting cabin fever and wants out of there. She doesn't like being alone, but doesn't understand that there are a few hundred other people there that need attention as well. She's due home on the 29th, so I've set our move date for the 28th so she doesn't have to be here when that happens. She can move right into the apartment.

It's been in the 90's, I haven't paid much attention, but we might have broken a record or two. Temps to drop later this week with a chance of rain.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-21-2017

Sun and 50s today.
Sunday was a family day for my wife's birthday, 17 of us invaded a local Chinese restaurant put a bunch of tables together and made the owner quite happy to have all of us there. The hand doctor released me this morning so it just has to heal inside now.
S.J.