The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-23-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 39 this morning outside my window. High for today is supposed to be in the low 50s. Rain moves in later today and will stay through the weekend, ending sometime Sunday evening.

Quiet day yesterday. This morning I'm off to the gym and then this evening is beer and bereavement.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-23-2017

Good morning all, busy between spending time at the hospital with my wife and trying to coordinate our move next week. She's doing well enough that they may release her a few days early which could disrupt our moving schedule.

It rained last night and temps are back down to normal. They even got some snow up in the Flagstaff Snow Bowl.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-23-2017

We had here a nice discussion about the pros and cons of Facebook here some time ago. I was surprised that so many of you liberally use FB with your real names to stay in contact with families and friends. I had all the time a FB account under the fake name (Jack Burg) living in Northwest Louisiana with a dedicated email address. It was used to for mostly read only membership in many model railroad related groups.
My experience was very good. I got no spam mails and the discussions in the groups are quite friendly and respectful.

As a result of your reports and my experience got my FB account an update with my real name (Reinhard Peters) and real location (Sindelfingen at the north rim of the black forrest). I did also start posting photos of my layout and got first responses from well known modelers. Funny thing, we identify each other by layout photos regardless of the used name.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-24-2017

Hello Blue
A little rain overnight but 60s for the day.
I like Facebook, it has been a great source of contact for me.
Friends, relatives and yes even high school classmates. There are also train related groups to mingle with.
No one gets your e-mail address, you correspond thru their messenger. Read or ignore, your choice.
Nothing trains here this week.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 03-24-2017

I just saw this on facebook:

Good morning I am Johnathan (catt's) wife Karen. He is in the hospital for bleeding on the brain and other complications. He will be having surgery today to remove the blood on his brain.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-24-2017

My best wishes. I pray for him.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-24-2017

Not the best news, but he's a fighter. He's in our prayers and thoughts....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-25-2017

Good morning all. Today is our first phase of our moving process. Some large things are going over to Packey's house and a lot of boxes and furniture to storage. On Tuesday, the movers will be here to take what's left to the temporary apartment we'll be in for a while. I'm trying to get all this done before my wife gets out of the hospital on Wednesday. Being in the hospital for over two weeks is traumatic enough without adding the trauma of moving and not being able to do anything but watch. She's doing well, walking with a walker when they want her to and doing physical therapy a couple of times a day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-25-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, drizzly, and 37 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is only supposed to be in the low 40s. Warming tomorrow and through next week.

Quiet day yesterday. This morning I'm off to Humboldt (20 miles north of me) with a friend for a train show. Tonight is the first F1 race of the new season. Looking forward to it. Bigger, faster, wider cars with better, more durable tires and more fuel. Could be lots of fun.

Prayers for Johnathan and continuing prayers for Mrs. daze as she continues to recover.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-25-2017

We got the keys for the temporary apartment yesterday. We are having a great time on the street running forth and back with some "important" stuff we assume to be needed urgently during the next two month.
First and most important observation of my wife are the towels. They are not soft enough. Running back, getting some fabric softener and started washing the towels.
The apartment has a satellite antenna feeding a TV set in the living room and two more TV antenna outlets in the other rooms. The landlord did not know if they are functioning. Nice job for me. Carry a TV set over the street, connect it, no signal! and carry it back to the old condo.
Anyhow, the sun is shining at 60°making is quite nice to be on the street.

I hope Catt is already on his way to recover.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-26-2017

An other day running fort and back on the street. The spice of the day are the documents. The majority will go on temporary storage together with the furniture but "some" will be with us all the time. I had great fun organizing some unsorted papers from the last weeks (month ...) and select the most important papers to go with us.
I was so happy to bypass all that paper stuff when I did the annual tax declaration online only but there is no way to avoid papers when you move.

Do we have news from Don's wife and Catt?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-26-2017

Good morning folks, just a real quicky since I'm on my way to visit my wife. Her hip is doing better but I got a call from the hospital last night telling me that she fell and hit her head. No visible signs of trauma, but they were taking her to get a CAT scan as a precaution. I hope this isn't a set back since she's due out on Wednesday.

Catt is in our prayers and thoughts as well....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-26-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 41 headed for cloudy and 46. Rain's over (about an inch since Friday night) but the clouds will be hanging around for another day or two.

Went to a train show yesterday and picked up a bunch of Tenshodo switch machines at a very reasonable price, Also picked up a MRC Model 7000 power supply. I'll be trying it on the Backyard & Southern when the weather improves.

Came down with a miserable cold last night. Still battling it today. Slept from 11 PM last night to 8:30 this morning. Then went back to bed at 11 this morning and slept until 12:30.

Continuing prayers for all in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 03-26-2017

Update on catt:

Hello This is Karen again. John is doing great The surgeon drain most of the blood out when he put a small hole in his head. he has a drain tube in his head to get the rest out. Thank you all for your prayers. I hope he will be home soon. I miss him alot.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-26-2017

Very good news. Thanks for posting.