The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-26-2017

Good news but continued prayers for Johnathan. Prayers for DAZ and Wifey.

67 degrees here. Was in the mid 70's. Busy week and weekend for me.

Yesterday, Kiwanis Club and some Rolesville High School kids ran a food pantry in front of Rolesville Town Hall. 261 people served and a truck load of food donated to Durham Rescue Mission. They feed three meals a day 365 days out of the year.

[Image: ry%3D400]

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-28-2017

Cloudy and 50s today.
The earth is showing signs of spring and new life begins.
The Chief worked hard to get that HS for his town, I would raise a glass of sweet ice tea to him but I don't have any.. Cheers
No news from my train world.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-28-2017

Good morning all, strange weather here, the furnace kicks in early in the morning, and we have to have the A/C on by the afternoon. A trace of rain yesterday, but just enough to screw up the van. I'd take it to the car wash if I had any spare time. Today I have to go with the patient transport to my wife's doctor appointment. They were going to take her there and just leave her until she was ready to go back to rehab. She has a tendency to get up and try to walk, but she's not ready for that and why in the world would they just leave her knowing that? Anyway, she comes home tomorrow, the insurance company says they're not paying for another day in rehab, or what they're calling, "skilled nursing facility". Thursday we move to a senior facility where I can get some extra care for her if needed. Plus, I no longer will have to worry about what's for supper since they serve one meal a day to all residents.

Glad to hear that Catt is doing better. Prayers and thoughts are still with him and anyone else in need.

Have a great day..............

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-28-2017

64 degrees and cloudy. Spitting big drops of rain. No pour down yet. Guessers missed the guess again as no big rains this AM at dawn. Wiley [Yorkie] couldn't stand me sleeping past 7:30. Caught up on DVR'd hunting shows except Dog Soldier. Now get ready to go appease an old Town Commissioner who thinks he is the most important thing around. Part of my duties.

Tomato plants are chest high. Stop sending any frosty weather this way. Need to transplant them. Had to go to my "reed pile" brought from the farm. Got taller ones and inserted in pots through the cable ties I had around shorter ones. Never had then grow so fast in pots in greenhouse. They grow three or four inches a day now. Days like yesterday, fans run a lot. Thermostat set on 90 degrees. May have to put shade cloth on.

Daz, prayers.

Waiting for the guessed T'storms. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-29-2017

Good morning, temps in the mid-80's all week. Still need to get to a car wash from the sprinkle of rain we had the other day. Windy, but no rain in the forecast.

Today I bring my wife home. Well, just one day here and then the moving van comes to take our stuff to our apartment. Not much room, about half what we have now, so lots of stuff got sold or given away and we have a 10' x 10' storage locker full. That will come out when we move to a Casita on the same property.

Take care and have a great day, and thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. They are really a comfort during these chaotic times for us.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-29-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 43 headed for 45 and rainy. Rain moves in later this morning and stays until tomorrow.

The Cold- Day 5. Tried some behind the counter stuff this morning as the stuff on the shelves is not working. Still congested and tired. yesterday I took an hour and a half nap - haven't taken a nap in at least 10 years. This thing is really kicking me hard.

Only plan for today is to suffer until the new cold medicine kicks in.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-29-2017

Been a long day. Went to farms and built a backstop for a shooting range out of crossties. Cut them into and double stacked them. Held by 2X8's and 4X4's on the back side. Came home and about 7 PM got word PD chief had killed himself. Just got home from meeting and grief councilors. Tired.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 03-31-2017

Wow Chief, that's horrible news!

Our condolences to you and everyone there.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 03-31-2017

Happy B-day ezdays (83)
and Many More!!!

train 1990_dancing 1990_dancing 548

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-31-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 39 headed for cloudy and 50ish.

Prayers for your community chief. Your town has been hit hard recently.

The Cold - Day 7. Improving but need sleep. Took some Claritin which helped dry out my sinuses but the side effects are miserable. Can only sleep for about two hours and when I do get to sleep I get muscle cramps which bounce me right out of the bed. Took my last one at 8:30 last night. If I still have sinus problems today I'll find something else.

On tap for today is breakfast followed by grocery shopping. Remainder of the day is open so far but if the temperature does hit the low 50s I'll be sitting on the porch later this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 03-31-2017

Happy Birthday Don. Best wishes for a great year.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-31-2017

Happy birthday Don
Overcast and 40s for today.
Lot's of rain yesterday from the SW, that's not playing fair we usually get Chicago's weather 5/6 hours later.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-01-2017

Busy day ahead. Sunny and 65 degrees. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-01-2017

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 37 after an overnight low of 30. Warming quickly with an anticipated high in the mid 50s. Was supposed to get to the low 50s yesterday but never made it past 46.

No sign of the electrician yesterday. He indicated he would start on my project by the end of the month. We pretty much ran out of month yesterday. Although, in his defense, he did not say which month.

My cold is pretty much gone and after allowing a day for the Claritin to clear out of my system I slept very well last night.

On tap for today is hopefully to get outside and get some track work done so I can run some trains.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-01-2017

Just an quick update, we have moved, but our telephone, Internet and TV have not. I'm going to move my computer today, so it'll be sometime next week before I'm on the air again. I may be able to use my laptop since I think they have wi-fi somewhere in the building we're in, but I've just got way too much to deal with right now to even try.

We're both doing OK, I've been overworking my wife just having been out of the hospital a few days, but she's a trouper...

Take care everyone and I'll be back on in a few days...