The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-01-2017

We did the move too. The beds and the computers are here and we will sleep the first nicht in the rented apartment.
It is amazing how much stuff we move here. My initial thought was this
- rent an apartment with furniture
- pack the luggage for a two week vacation
- wash the stuff weekly and have infinite time to stay
That came out totally wrong. I did never know how much we like to have with us if possible. I did also learn that Apple fills their iMac with pure lead and I learned how long 250 yards are if you carry a heavy bag in each hand.
Sunday and Monday will be used to arrange lots of tiny things in the condo before the movers come in on Tuesday 8:00 am.
Bottom line: we made it and we are happy says my wife ;-)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-02-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 64 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 50s with occasional rain showers.

The Backyard & Southern rides again. Spent a couple of hours outside yesterday afternoon repairing track. After the first few laps of miscues and finding problems that crept up over the winter all went well. Nothing major on tap for today.

faraway Wrote:we are happy says my wife ;-)
How well I know this. When I bought my last car my wife told me I didn't want black. I did but settled for a nice dark blue. The next one will probably be black again.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-02-2017

Slept late, jumped up, got ready fast and went to Sunday School. Sunny and 69 degrees. Came home by Hardees with a biscuit. Then turned on TV. Suddenly reclinerized.

No frost here. Hope to make one more week of tomatoes in the greenhouse. Really tall. Transplant then in garden.

Think Wifey wants to go get mulch. She is running by the museum that is being crowed by folks with curiosity.

Probably do a walk about as weather pretty.

Hope all have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-03-2017

Morning all. 52 degrees and partly cloudy. Chance of storms this evening. Chief's visitation this afternoon. Will be first time I've seen widow and daughters as they have requested privacy.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-03-2017

Greetings, gang.

Rain and 46 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 50.

Nothing planned for today. Tomorrow is the monthly bereavement group at the local hospice house.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-04-2017

Sunny and 77 degrees. Getting ready to attend Chief's funeral. Big crowd expected. Being announced on all TV channels. Big crowd last night for visitation.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-04-2017

The movers packed 148 boxes today and at least 10 more are to go. 90 boxes have been estimated and included in the proposal price.... They will come back tomorrow and move it with the furniture in their storage.
I sneaked into my room and had a ten minutes operating session! That was the highlight of the day (for me ;-) .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-04-2017

I'm finally getting at the backdrops. I've had them sitting up and taped to the wall with green tape that doesn't hold well. The store sold me the sticky stuff that comes off when you pull the tab. I hope it works; the last time I tried to take some off it was so old the tab came off but not the sticky.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-05-2017

Good morning all, yup, back on the air as of last night. We are moved into the apartment, but still have a few things to take out of the house. They moved the close of escrow to Friday, which is kind of a blessing since we do have those things to take out and need to fill the garbage containers up again.

So far, here in the retirement community, it seems line we've met several hundred people, about half who are named Bob. :o Most of them seem to know who we are, I'm having a few problems putting names to faces, it's kind of overwhelming, but great that they're all so friendly. As soon as we're settled, I'm going to see if there are any other modelers around, and maybe someone has started a layout. Maybe a community layout would be great somewhere in the facility. They don't have one, but there's always that possibility.

Still busy settling down and unpacking, but I'll try to stop by when I can.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-05-2017

Greetings, gang.

Another cloudy day in progress. Right now it's 43 headed for a high of 53. We have been promised sunshine by Friday and 70 degrees by Sunday. Not holding my breath.

Quiet day yesterday. Today I'm off to the gym for the first time in a while. Still waiting for the electrician.

Don - is this a final move for a wile or just interim?

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Mike Kieran - 04-05-2017

62 degrees F, 16 degrees C and Sunny in New York City. I hope that I can take my daughter to the playground today. I get the biggest kick out of watching her running around and laughing like a little mental patient.

I hope that I can get started on my timesaver-type layout soon. I'm just working out some details.

I'm still sending good thoughts to Catt Edwards and his family.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-05-2017

Tom, an interim move, by the end of next month, we should be in a casita. A larger unit with attached garage and away from the main building. We've unpacked all that we're going to and still have a storage unit that will need to be moved once we're in the casita. I did not intend for it to be this way, but fate stepped in an deemed it to be this way. I was hoping to move right into the casita, when that wasn't going to happen, I wanted to move before my wife got out of the hospital, but that didn't happen either.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-06-2017

Morning. 63 degrees and some rain. Big T'storms passing north of us. Off to the dermatologist and visit little one in same building but different wing. Taxes this afternoon at CPA. Then NRA banquet tonight.

Busy day yesterday. Started at 7 night before. Ended at Frank the 5th being born by C section. 9 lbs and 5 oz. Big boy. Strong and moving like crazy.

[Image: ry%3D400]

Tomato plants over shoulder tall in greenhouse. Chilly this weekend but will transplant next week.

[Image: ry%3D400]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-06-2017

Overcast from last night's rain. 50 today w/some snow tonight that will melt tomorrow.
Chief congrats to the family. remember if you want him to have teeth, NO GRITS.
Our club meet is Saturday evening on a large but not finished layout.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Mike Kieran - 04-07-2017

Chief,
After the previous funeral news, it's nice to see a new life emerge. 9 pounds, 5 ounces. Mom must be missing her armrest/remote control holder/portable food tray (I'm thinking not really). Congrats.