The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-07-2017

Frank the fifth, that's hard to beat, congrats to you and everyone involved. It's always a great day to welcome a new life into the family Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-08-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 48 headed for 75 and windy.

Today's activities will be outdoors. I need to get the yard cleaned up and then trains will run this afternoon.

Congratulations on Frank the V.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-08-2017

Congrats Chief on Frank the Fifth Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-08-2017

We are expecting a great sunny Sunday day with highs at 65°.
Congratulations to Frank but is it not the young man in the red shirt that did "the work" 357
First week with no layout and no work at my layout is over. I really miss the layout and the opportunity to do something small each day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-09-2017

Good early afternoon. Temps here are flirting in the 90's, and a bit dry. Yesterday's humidity was 5% and the dew point at 6 degrees. No rain in the forecast. The population is thinning out a bit. Spring Training is over so lots of visitors left after that. Those that came to see the "Final Four" basketball games have left in a rush as well. We are about to see the exodus of the snowbirds. It's just about now that the streets start to get crowded with RV's towing something small, all headed to the freeways. Just about half the population of some of the Sun Cities go back home for the summer as do many of the RV parks around here and other parts of the state. A lot of people pay for RV spaces by the year so that have the same place to come back to in the fall.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-10-2017

Morning. Sunny and 64 degrees. 80 today. Yard work for a change. Hope all are OK. Have a good week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-10-2017

Greetings, gang

46 and cloudy in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 53, a far cry from yesterday's 79.

Saturday I got the yard cleaned up and the waste hauled away. Also went for a 2 mile walk and ran trains for a while. Yesterday I did some repair work in the track, went for a bike ride, and ran trains for about two hours. All in all, a very nice weekend.

This morning I need to make a grocery run and get in touch with the electrical contractor to find out when he's going to start my project.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-10-2017

Good morning all, it's hard to keep our apartment from getting too hot or too cold. There is a digital thermostat, but it is not programmable. We've got the heat on in the morning and have to remember to turn the A/C on in the afternoon. We go to breakfast and do a bit of shopping with jackets on and take them off on the way back home. Went to church yesterday, and half the people had jackets or sweaters on, the others looked a bit chilly.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-11-2017

Morning. Sunny and 76 degrees already. Day is now screwed up. Town stuff this AM. Then Wifey's work computer messed up. Now she wants to go see Grandson around noon or a little after. No working in the garden. More to do to get those tomato plants in the ground.

This is the only Yankee type persons we allow. As we are all NY Yankees baseball fans.

[Image: ry%3D400]

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-11-2017

A couple days of 70s, of course it brought storms with it.
A nice Buckeye shirt for the Chiefs new addition will be just right for football season.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-12-2017

Good morning all. Nice day yesterday, into the 90's and a bit cloudy. No rain in the forecast, but they're getting some on the coast, so that usually translates into a possibility of rain here a few days later.

Not much else, we're 99.99% settled for now. A lot of stuff in the apartment still in boxes waiting for the next move just a few hundred feet to the west of where we are now, but 50% more room and a small garage to help store stuff until we decide what to do with it. A lot of those boxes in storage have things from my old layout, kits and material for a new layout, or at least some dioramas. Running trains was never my thing, building onto new worlds is still what I enjoy doing best.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-12-2017

Greetings, gang.

It's a partly cloudy 46 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is suppose to be about 20 degrees north of that.

It's been a busy couple of days for me. Finally got the last of the info I needed to file my taxes. I've also been busy negotiating with my electrical contractor. He's now planning to update my house wiring the week of the 24th. That frees me up to head for Texas this weekend. 2285_ Taking the golf clubs and planning to come back with a sunburn.

The rest of this week will be spent in preparation for the trip.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Mike Kieran - 04-12-2017

Chief,
It's good to see that you're bringing Frank V up in a proper religious environment (Yankees). If any Red Sox fans offer you clothing from their team(as my wife's uncle tried to do), only put Frank in it if he's vomiting or has severe diarrhea. Just be careful about wiping his bottom with it as it may give him severe diaper rash and a smell that doesn't go away. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-13-2017

Morning all. Slept late. No intrusions from animals, phones or Wifey. Now I am getting ready to go plant those "matter" plants. Then disk Grady's garden for him to get ready.

Going to a big buffet with retired Major of Sheriff's Dept. and now part time officer for our PD. Has a range at his house as he is just out of Town limits. Will start going there. No prep. Just take weapons. Has all setup. He is trying to find some turkeys. Says yotes have scattered his. Told him one was in my big oak tree in front yard in downtown R'ville yesterday. We are talking about shooting the yotes.

If any other team is offered, both parents would attack. Wink

69 degrees and sunny.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-14-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 52 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 70. Rain is predicted through the entire weekend.

Busy couple of days getting ready for my trip. Today will see the last of the preparations. I'll be hitting the road bright and early (well, at least early) tomorrow morning. Will arrive in Houston on Sunday pm.

All stay safe.

Tom