The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-14-2017

Good morning. 60 degrees. Think Gerald had a big rain shower. Missed us and dissipated. Tomato plants looking happy this AM.

Maybe wash the pickup as it needs it.

Wifey went to work for a short time. Then off to SIL's for bar-b-qed chicken and ribs. Someone else cooking. For years, that was my job for the in-laws. Went to their house and fired up grills. Cooked for a big crowd. Seems good to just show up and eat.

Hope all have a good and safe one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-14-2017

Good morning all. Strange weather we're having right now. We go out for breakfast and have to wear a jacket. Just a bit chilly and breezy out. A few hours later, we've got the A/C running and we've been hitting into the 90's as well.

Today is Good Friday, the start of the Easter weekend. I wish you all a Happy and Blessed Easter....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-15-2017

Morning all. 70 and sunny. Had a sprinkle around dawn. All gone. Need rain.

Hope all have a great Easter.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-15-2017

Yup, we need rain as well. Nothing in the forecast, just hot and dry...

As of 4:00PM yesterday, we declared ourselves as "homeless". Well, we still have a place to live, but our house finally closed escrow and we no longer own a home. it's kind of scary though. We don't have all the benefits of home ownership, like the financial gain of appreciation or the ability to knock out a wall or rip out a sink if you so desire. But, on the other hand, we don't have the burden of home ownership either, like fixing a leaky toilet or making sure that the yard meets with the HOA's standard of being weed-free and trimmed. Nor do I have to write a myriad of checks every month. Yeah, there are still a few, but I can let someone else worry about paying all the utility bills for now...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-15-2017

Greetings, gang.

It's sunny, windy, and 84 in Muskogee, OK this evening.

It's been a long day behind the wheel. Right now I'm off to find food and in the morning I'll head for Houston. I may or may not have a chance to check in next week.

Don - congrats on selling the house.

Hope all have a very happy Easter.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-16-2017

He has risen
Hello Blue
70s today, 83 yesterday, that's pretty nice weather for here in April.
I'm starting to think York. Still got time to find a clean pair of boxers to take along.
I am lucky to live in an area where lot's of 3railers exist. many make the all day trip to York. We take an extra day and do some tourist thing. Last year was the B & 0 museum. This year maybe DC to see the transportation museum at the Smith.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-16-2017

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL.

Temps around 90 for today, just right to go strolling in your Easter Bonnet.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-17-2017

Morning. Partly cloudy and 75 degrees. Chance of showers this evening. Watering Wifey's shrubs and flowers. Need rain. Tomato plants doing great.

Errands this AM. County Commissioners this afternoon and then Mayors' Assoc. meal tonight.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-17-2017

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 52 in Houston this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s with a 40% chance of rain. Humidity very high right now at 96%.

Drove through Dallas yesterday morning thinking it would have less traffic than normal. Wrong. I think they had their Easter parade on the interstate at 70 mph. Heavier traffic at 10:30 than during the work week.

House is quiet at the moment. Daughter-in-law and granddaughter are off to school and son is doing some minor work stuff. Golf on the agenda for later.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-19-2017

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 68 in Houston this morning. High for today in the low 8s with a 49% chance of rain.

No golf yesterday. Rained all day. Today looks promising though. Not much new here. Very awkward trying to type this as a 110 lb German Shephard is lying where I'm trying to sit. Not gonna argue with her..

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-19-2017

Interesting meeting of Architectural Conservancy this evening. They just finished a restoration on the Guelph railway station and the head of the firm that did the work took us through what had to be done.
It was a combination of replacing life-expired woodwork and reversing some previous rebuilding from the 60s. They had to make some new doors in the old style but 38" wide instead of 36" (revised regulations) and opening out. Fellow seems to be really enthusiastic about what he does.
Followed by a brief talk on the Toronto Suburban Railway which ran right to the street side of the station.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-20-2017

Morning all. Sunny and 60 degrees. To hit 80's today. Been a busy week with meetings. Out the door to down east.

Don Baker flying in next Tuesday and we leave for York next Wednesday.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-20-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, humid, and 70 in Houston this morning. The high for today is supposed to be in the mid 80s.

More golf yesterday but not nearly as good as Monday. The house is very quiet this morning. The ladies are off to school and my son has gone to work. My original plan was to leave today but my granddaughter has a concert tomorrow evening so I'll be heading home on Saturday instead.

Frank - I hope you guys have a great time.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-20-2017

Hello Blue
I'm writing between storms.
We did enjoy a few days in the Hi 70s.
Train news is York next week, have my friends trying to wrap things up so they can go.
It's an early morning till evening journey from Michigan. Turnpike tolls keep going up.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-21-2017

Greetings, gang.

My son is CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

On the 2 year anniversary of my wife's passing I got a call from my son this morning. At the moment he is cancer free. It's been a long 2.5 year struggle from Aug 2015 til now but he got the results from his latest scan this morning. Next scan will be in three months but right now everything looks very promising.

I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. Words cannot express my appreciation for all of you over the last three years. Such small words to convey so much. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Tom