The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 04-21-2017

Tom, That is wonderful news.... 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-21-2017

Good news Tom, I'm sure the past few years have been beyond stressful for you.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-22-2017

Glad to hear that Tom, that is good news, and as others have said, you've had your share of stress the past few years...

Good morning all, the weather people keep on moving the high temp predictions around like a carnival bulls-eye, 100, 101 and now they say it may not get over 98 this weekend. The truth is, that's it's getting warm and soon it will be hot. The local media are all playing their annual game, "guess when it'll be 103", or "guess the date and time it'll reach 110". No longer do TV newscasters try that, "fry and egg on the sidewalk", thing. I think they all know it can happen, but I think that cleaning up afterwards is not easy and if they leave it there, I'm sure there'll be a lawsuit to follow.

We still haven't unpacked everything since we'll be moving a short distance in a few weeks, and we still have a storage unit to empty when we do. Don't know where we'll fit everything, but we do get a small garage that we can store things in, including all my train stuff. Maybe, just maybe there are others in the complex that would like to build a layout and they will give us a room to do it in. That's plan #1, plan #2 is to do a few dioramas for now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-22-2017

Tom, that is very good news!

After three weeks of distraction started the painters to restore what has been left of our condo. The amount of plaster to close the walls after all pipes, outlets and cables have been installed was impressive.
Tiles in the kitchen had to be redone and Monday will be negotiate some poor quality work in the shower to be redone. All work items are somewhat late but we are still pretty good in the overall time schedule. The cost schedule looks like it will become a different story.....

My room is accessible and the new heaters are installed. A good chance to power the layout up for a test drive. No big fun. I am fighting the dust and dirt devil like hell.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-23-2017

Morning. Rainy and 54 degrees. Flood watch is in effect for next two days. 4 to 6 inches of rain guessed. Guess garden will be rained in. Not suppose to get much warmer than the temp now.

Will put out fertilizer and yard granules as it will melt in the rain. Got some voles raiding Wifey's plants. Mira [the cat] is not keeping up. Same for the neighbor's cat that stays out all the time. Mainly one flower bed. Rest was treated well.

Getting ready for trip to York PA for the model train meet.

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-24-2017

RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needed but now "over needed". getting ready for York. Cutting back on Town business and telling folks calling about, "are you attending?", "I'm gone."

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-24-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, 70, and very windy today. Winds at 25 gusting to over 40.

The Great Wiring Project of 2017 is underway. New meter box and conduit mounted. More work to be done in the garage (where the fuse panel is located). He'll be back Friday maybe otherwise next week. He's a former neighbor so we talk a lot while he works.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-25-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 54 headed for rain and 64 this afternoon. Rain chances remain for the rest of the week.

While the contractor was working on the new electrical service I performed the Semiannual Seasonal Shed Switch - Spring Session. All the winter toys are in the shed and the summer toys are back in the garage.

On tap for today are a grocery run and maybe a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-25-2017

Morning. Guessers missed it again. Was suppose to taper off around 2 AM. Actually got worse. This weather station in back yard is showing over 9" of rain [think it is a little off on the high side]. Still indicates lots of big rains. Was a big "wash down" about day light this AM. This is a hurricane without the wind. Guessers are now updating their estimated amount of rain here. Now saying from earlier estimates of 4" to now 6" plus. Bet they update it again. May breakup some by noon but still off and on till later today.

Major mall is closed as parking lot is flooded suddenly. Streets and roads closed due to flooding. Wake County Schools still open but buses can't get to kids. ????? Incompetent leadership.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-27-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, breezy and 32 headed for a high of about 51 with skies maybe clearing off later in the day.

Got the car washed yesterday. Had to get rid of all the insect corpses imported from Texas. Not much on tap for today. I have a picture of the kitchen with measurements added. I need to start visiting with some people about new countertops.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-27-2017

Good morning all, temps never got past the 99 mark so far this week, and this weekend we're in for a cold snap, the high for Saturday is only 83.. that is, if they've guessed correctly.

Time to start thinking about our next move. The casita is vacant and we'll take a tour of it today to see what changes we would want them to make before we move in. New carpet and paint is a given, but we can make some changes beyond that at the cost of the material only. If we buy something, they will install it at no cost to us. If we want to hang pictures, they'll do it for us. A pretty accommodating group, but then again, they're dealing with a bunch of seniors and they need to be careful.

The weekend is in sight, so I'm hoping you all have a good one doing whatever it is you want to do.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Mike Kieran - 04-27-2017

Good morning everyone. Still raining, but the temps are in the upper 60s today. Tom, that's great news about your son. Let's hope that the good news keeps rolling in.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-27-2017

They started installing the kitchen furniture today.
The kitchen heating had a leak and the kitchen floor (tiles) was a little swimming pool this morning. The plumber got an extra meeting with me. He had a lot of luck. The other rooms with wood parquet would have been an expensive failure for him and his insurance and a mayor delay of the project plan.
It is interesting to watch the different contractors. Some like it clean and neat and work in a nice environment others maintain a 1:1 ratio of completed stuff and newly created mess and dirt.
We are at least twice per day in the construction area. There are each time some details we have to sort out. My wife is exceptional great in finding many tiny deviations to be complained and corrected immediately. We are glad we dropped the very initial plan to stay in Spain in the sun for two month.
We are completing the forth week tomorrow. Two more weeks and we should start moving back!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Mike Kieran - 04-27-2017

Reinhar d, Are you moving into a whole new apartment? Does that mean that the fruits of your labor (the layout) will be torn down?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-27-2017

Mike Kieran Wrote:Reinhar d, Are you moving into a whole new apartment? Does that mean that the fruits of your labor (the layout) will be torn down?
Mike, not this time. We rented a fully furnished apartment for April and May. All our furniture is on storage and the condo is almost complete redone.
My hobby room is only very lightly touched. I got only a new heating. The layout is untouched and I can enter the room since some days for short operating sessions but at this time is no power available.

I plan to do my room in 2018 (or in late 2017). That is the time when the layout will be totally scrapped. The walls etc. redone and I will consider new furniture made by the carpenter to fit perfect with a new layout (lots of slim drawers for engines etc.). I may also get the carpenter to build a solid wooden base for the new layout.