The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-25-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 54 after an overnight low of 46. High for today is supposed to be in the low 70s. Similar weather will continue through the weekend but with occasional low chances for showers.

Yesterday was a do-nothing day, mainly due to the weather. Today is looking better with the warmer temperatures so I'm going to be outside most of the day. Plans include repair the track and applying weed killer.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-25-2017

Good morning all, coming up on a busy weekend. Still waiting for them to finish laying the carpet in the casita we're moving to. They put in about 12 hours yesterday replacing the vinyl and carpet, but still need a few hours today to finish the job. Temps today still going to be well into the 100's, but dropping into the mid-90's by tomorrow.

You might have noticed the Pete (sumpter250) has returned as "sumptervalley350" after a few months absence. He will remain here as a moderator under his new username, we missed Pete, a good friend and an excellent modeler, so it's a joy to have him back.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-25-2017

I am still exploring the new kitchen.
There are two main topics
a. How do the new ovens and the stove function?
I am reading lots of manuals and engage in learning by doing. Two ovens make it quite interesting how similar tasks can be done. One oven make a hell out of the pre heating phase while the other one start immediately. Funny thing is the food did not care at all so far.
b. What has been placed by the movers in wich drawer?
I had a great time collecting all pots and pans and put them into two large drawers under the stove. The things in those drawers are waiting for their new places tomorrow. My wife collected a huge amount of plastic boxes (like Tupper). They fill "three" (3) drawers! How can I get rid of at least one drawer of plastic boxes _and_ stay married? The NASA has been to the moon. Can they solve that problem too. I will call Houston :o

My wife is exploring her new room with lots of drawers (much more than in the kitchen) to be filled. She looks very busy and has this irritating flicker in the eyes.

Summary: We are happy !

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-25-2017

Hello Blue
Cloudy, rainy and 60.
It seems the rain just keeps turning back on us.
Nothing serious, just way too much of it.
An early appointment with my foot doctor and a LONG morning with the wife at the grocery store. I swear she has an extra slow gear for shopping that store.
No special holiday plans so it will be a stay near home weekend.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-26-2017

Morning. Sunny and 77 degrees. Good breeze today. Finally stopped raining. That means mow and weed. Garden doing great. Squirrels steeling tomatoes. Yes. Will spray and see if that stops them. They don't usually like the smell of malathion. Had a busy week and long days. Seems good to not have to rush to meetings.

Hope all OK.

Have a good one and great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-26-2017

Good morning all. Temps staying down into the mid-90's for the next few days which is good since tomorrow is moving day. The casita is ready and so are we, well, almost. Today is prep day and so I'll be off line for a few days starting later today. Seems like we did this just a few months ago... Oh, we did...

Take care and have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-26-2017

faraway Wrote:Summary: We are happy !
Translation - wife is happy.

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 79 right now with mostly clear skies. 50% chance of rain tomorrow but dry on Sunday and Monday.

Went to Menards and Walmart this morning. Then I finished painting the new conduit on the outside of the house. After that I went for a bike ride and now it's time to grab a beer and sit on the patio and watch the logging train run.

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-28-2017

Wow, everyone on holiday? 94 degrees and sunny. Played lazy this AM. Did cook breakfast for Wifey. Now to get moving. Got to go mist wreath at memorial.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-28-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 68 as the day winds down. Beautiful blue skies overhead all day with a high of 77 and low humidity. Only drawback was the wind this afternoon up to 25 mph.

Watched the F1 race live and then watched the Indy 500 tape delayed. Both were entertaining. Also went for a bike ride, put out some new solar lights around the trains, and ran the Hotshot Freight for a couple of hours.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-29-2017

Good morning all, yes we did get everything moved to our new location on Saturday. Most furniture is where it belongs, but we have dozens of boxes that need unpacking, and a bunch that won't get touched for a while yet. This place is about 50% bigger than the temporary apartment that we were in, and just about right for us now that we've downsized.

We were suppose to have TV, phone and Internet, but the phones didn't work and after four phone calls, they sent someone out yesterday. The TV guy said he couldn't make it until Sunday, but then he never showed up. I fooled them, and found that the satellite was already hooked up to one room, and so I ran another cable to the other room, so we can wait him out as long as he wants. The problem is that they have charged us for the hookup and I've done all the work so far. Probably, the most frustrating part of the move was calling CenturyLink and working though their automatic service trying to get the phone connected. It took about 10-15 minutes each time, just to get through their, "press 1 for this and 2 for that" barrage. I had to do that four different times, and they knew I was upset by the time I got to talk to a human, who were not much more help that those robots. One woman told me that it would be connected by 5:00, I told her that they were a bit late since it was almost 6:00 at the time. She then transferred me to the "service department", that responded that they were, "closed for the day". The bigger a company gets, the worse things like this get.... 35

Anyway, I'm back, kinda, and settled...not really, not for a long while... Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-29-2017

Salute to all veterans. Especially those who paid the price.

Hot and humid. Out to pull more grass in the garden. Then errands with Wifey. Maybe a steak.

DAZ, hope all comes together for you.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-30-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clearing and 55 degrees this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 70s with a warming trend for the remainder of the week.

Quiet day yesterday. Got the yard mowed and trimmed. Then ran the trains again. Need to get an new mouse for my computer. Bought one last week that is almost impossible to use. It has what it calls "hyperscrolling" which means that unless you turn the wheel very slowly the information on the screens scrolls so fast you can't see it, let alone read it. Also going to start cleaning up the car in preparation for trading it in. While it's been a very good, trouble free car, I would like to upgrade with some of the newer safety features that are now available.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-30-2017

Sun and 70s. Just right.
It's been that way for several days now.
A nice weekend with our kids and plenty of food. Everyone also got some yard work done.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-31-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 45 headed for sunny and 75 and not nearly as windy as it's been over the past several days. Mid 80s by the weekend.

Spent most of yesterday cleaning my car. Looks pretty good for 9 years old. Today I'll finish cleaning and either this afternoon or Friday I'm going to Waterloo to see about trading it in. Nothing else planned for today but I'm sure something will come up.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-01-2017

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day in store for the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 63 headed for a high of about 80. 30% chance of rain tonight.

Finished cleaning the car yesterday. Looks really nice. May hold off until next week to go to the car dealer. After some research I discovered the best day to shop is on Monday. Nothing much else to report. Contractor arrives late Monday morning to remove my old counter top and will bring the new one in "a few days." I need to start cooking some meals ahead and make sure the propane tank for the grill is full.

All stay safe.

Tom