The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-02-2017

Greetings, gang.

Warm and humid this morning. Right now it's 81 headed for a high of 89. More of the same for tomorrow.

Quiet day yesterday. Beer and bereavement last night This morning I rode my bike to Target to pick up a few small items. When I got back I had to make some adjustments on the bike. All fixed. In addition my daughter keeps calling me making plans for her son's birthday party in August. I had planned to go to Waterloo to see about buying a new car. Now the earliest I can go is maybe Monday afternoon, depending on how long it takes the contractors to take out the counter top.

I also got a call this morning informing me that my student loan is eligible for something. I didn't listen long enough to find out what it's eligible for. Nope Been a few decades since I had a student loan.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: Tom's Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-03-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 66 right now with a high predicted near 90 for today and tomorrow. Slightly cooler on Monday.

Not much accomplished yesterday other than laundry. Today looks to be more of the same. I did get the sink loose from the counter top so I can easily remove it on Monday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-03-2017

Good morning all, well, it's been one week since we moved into the casita and we're still tripping on boxes and rearranging furniture. It's just a barrel of fun. The next time we move (right after we win the lottery 2285_ ), I think we'll just leave everything where it is and go. New house, new furniture, new car and of course, a boatload of servants to take care of everything. Maybe even hire Gordon Ramsey as our private chef. In the meantime, we still have a lot of unpacking to do Crazy ....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 06-03-2017

Don, you have all our sympathy. We are still unpacking and shuffling things around to find the best place. The best is always when I carry another bag to the trash container. We could have have done that before all the stuff started but that would be to easy....

The new kitchen is a great toy. I am still a lousy cook but it is much more fun to make bad food now :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 06-03-2017

ezdays Wrote:Good morning all, well, it's been one week since we moved into the casita and we're still tripping on boxes and rearranging furniture. It's just a barrel of fun. The next time we move (right after we win the lottery 2285_ ), I think we'll just leave everything where it is and go. New house, new furniture, new car and of course, a boatload of servants to take care of everything. Maybe even hire Gordon Ramsey as our private chef. In the meantime, we still have a lot of unpacking to do Crazy ....

Having heard some of the language he uses, your lady may not be too impressed......... Eek Eek Eek Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 06-04-2017

Congratulations to:

Chief Eagles (71) & cnrglen (46)

Happy B-day And Many more!!!!

train 2296_ 1990_dancing 2296_ 548

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-04-2017

Greetings, gang.

Happy Birthday to the birthday boys.

86 right now headed about another 5 degrees warmer. On the plus side the humidity is quite low at 29%.

Tomorrow's the big day for the kitchen renovation, phase one. The counter top is to be removed tomorrow so I'll be fixing foods that don't require the stove. i have a number of meals planned that involve the grill, oven, and toaster oven. I'll also have to wash dishes by hand in the bathroom sink.

Not much planned for today other than avoiding the heat.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-04-2017

faraway Wrote:Don, you have all our sympathy. We are still unpacking and shuffling things around to find the best place. The best is always when I carry another bag to the trash container. We could have have done that before all the stuff started but that would be to easy....

The new kitchen is a great toy. I am still a lousy cook but it is much more fun to make bad food now :o
This seems to be a universal problem. You throw away, sell or give away massive amounts of things and keep only that which you know you'll want and need. Then you start unpacking and wondering why you bothered to move all that. Here comes the trash bags again....

Happy B'day Chief.... Cheers
shortliner Wrote:Having heard some of the language he uses, your lady may not be too impressed......... Eek Eek Eek Goldth

Yeah, but winning the lottery will allow me to pay him to keep his foul mouth shut... Besides, I heard that most of his trash talk is all for the cameras at the request of the producers...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-04-2017

Thanks guys. Full of real Italian food. Plop plop fizz fizz. Kids and grandson came. Granddaughters where visiting their Dad. :? Now to relax and watch TV.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-05-2017

Morning. 74 degrees and rainy. Nice to have some rain as makes everything grow. Busy day today.

Have a good week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-05-2017

Hello Blue
We had a beautiful weekend weather wise, I even turned on the A/C towards evening.
No train news, things are not the same since the owner of Wild Bill's passed away.
The group doesn't get together as often now. Not our club this is the guys that use to hang around the store.
The club is doing fine.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-05-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, 81, low humidity, and a light breeze are making for a very pleasant day here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa.

I no longer have a kitchen counter top. It was removed this morning and I should have a new one "in a few days." Not much else to report.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-05-2017

Gee, I thought I posted something this morning, but for some reason, I didn't hit the "submit" key before going to breakfast...

I was just wondering if Frank "just ate the whole thing"?.... burp!!!!

Temps are warming up, lowest temp yesterday was 83, highest was 108. More until the weekend when they say we'll be in the 90's for a while.

Still slowly unpacking and finding things. Found two boxes of engines and cars, I think that's all of them. Since I got rid of most of my tools and my guns are in the safe, those two boxes are the most expensive things in the garage. Well, I could count the van, but it won't fit in the garage yet.... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-06-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 52 headed for sunny ad 81. Looks to be another nice day.

Life is very different with a kitchen counter and table. You just don't realize how much you use them until they are not available. People coming today to put in the new backsplash. No word yet on when the new counter will appear.

All say safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-06-2017

Howdy all. Back from quarterly Dr. Came home to backhoe digging up trees and shrubs. Beginning of Wife's addition on the back of the house [which is already too large]. :roll Taking off brick and window out along dinning room wall. Board up windows. Eventually will be an arch walk through to addition. Tearing off utility room. No washer and dryer for a few months. Going to be a mess for months.: 94 and 42% humidity.

Later.