The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-15-2017

Good morning all, lots of flags flying around here yesterday, Flag Day. There's about a three-mile street in Sun City West that is always lined with flags on most holidays that warrant them, and it extends across the highway to Sun City Grand for another few miles.

The temps are on the rise here, it was in the low 90's a few days ago, now the forecast says we should hit 120 by this coming Tuesday. What a change, but the humidity has been as low as 4%, so remember folks, "it's a dry heat" which means that you bake instead of boil.... Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-15-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 66 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 80s with a chance of rain tonight.

The new basket strainer assembly worked first time. There must have been a hidden defect in the previous one. Anyway, problem solved. Spent the rest of yesterday getting the visible portions of the kitchen back in working order. Outlets and covers re-installed, counter cleaned, construction debris removed from drawers, etc. Still need to fix the lazy susan. After they left it does not spin properly. I think the top and bottom bearings are not aligned properly.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-16-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 64 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 80s again with a chance of strong storms late this afternoon/early evening.

Got the lazy susan working better than it ever has in the 36 years I lived here. I took a piece of .020 styrene and mounted it under the lower support bearing. That gave just enough clearance for the shelf to spin freely. Also got the floors scrubbed and the carpet and rugs washed. Today I need to finish putting the stuff back under the kitchen sink. There will be some thinning of the herd for stuff that is no longer used/needed.

This evening the family is getting together for my oldest daughter's birthday. She was born on Father's Day. When she was born I called my dad and wished him a happy Father's Day. After he said thanks I told him "Now it's your turn." His reply was "Hunh? Oh!"

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-16-2017

Howdy. Sorry haven't been by lately. Crazy here. Some medical issues but not life threating. Doctor's procedure and had to go back for stitches. Crazy work on house. Lots of turmoil but will last only a few months.

Back of house torn off. New footing dug and poured. Have to use side door. Dogs got to get use to that when going and coming fenced back yard.

[imp][Image: footings%206-15-17_1.jpg][/img]

Seems like Wifey adding another house to the house.

Not much on agenda today. Haircut later.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-17-2017

Looks like the summer time blues on Blue.
Sun and 90 today, for us that's hot. Beats the hell out of snow though.
Well at least I checked in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-17-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 70 this morning with a high expected to be in the low 80s. Nice temperature but the humidity is at 83% right now so it's going to be a muggy day.

Not much on tap for today other than a bike ride.

Frank - looks like quite a project.

SJ - I'll be in your neck of the woods by this time next week. My sister-in-law is retiring on June 25th so I'll be there about a week, baby sitting my father-in-law while SIL and her hubby take a vacation.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-17-2017

Afternoon. Had 2.2 inches of rain last night. In a short time period. That big hole behind house has water in it. Showered down a couple of times this AM. Somehow we just missed a storm. Suddenly turned. Phone app says farm is getting one. Just talked to farmer. Was planting tobacco month ago. Rain storm hit. Had to go to another farm as plants were getting too big. Stayed too wet to plant whole farm in tobacco. Now he planted soybeans on rest of it. More deer food.

Tom, you are a good guy. Helping SIL like that.

Time for the Saturday shave and shower.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-18-2017

Happy Fathers' Day to all. Busy day for me. Kids for lunch, FIL's for a visit and then dinner with the Muslim group in Raleigh. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-18-2017

Happy Father's Day, gang.

Sunny and 61 headed for sunny and 75. Looks to be a beautiful day.

Nothing major accomplished yesterday but a lot of little things cleaned up. On tap for today is more of the same. Also included in today's activities will be preparations for my trip this weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-18-2017

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY Blue.
Tom if your coming to Michigan this week the temps will be a comfortable 70s
Yesterday was my birthday, got ice cream and cake. Would you believe our oldest invited me out to dinner and I had no place I wanted to go.
My favorite daughter did stop by with ice cream so we sat on the porch till almost dark.
Oh did I mention she is our only daughter...Smile
A cook-out with the kids this afternoon will be my Father's day and of course the 2 boys as well.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-18-2017

Good morning all, Happy Father's Day to all you dads, take it easy today and enjoy whatever is foisted upon you.

Our temp schedule has been revised a bit, not suppose to hit the 120 mark until Tuesday now. I guess these forecasts are about as accurate as predicting who will win the pennant this year, especially if you don't follow baseball. Still, it's hard to tell the difference once it gets over 110, it's hot no matter what. Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-19-2017

Greetings, gang.

Another nice day has been scheduled for us by our friends at the National Weather Service. Sunny and 61 headed for sunny and 79.

Quiet day yesterday. Today I need to do some grocery shopping and also heading to Des Moines for some shopping there.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-19-2017

Morning. Busy afternoon and night. County Commissioners' and then Mayors' Assoc. More T'storms forecasted for this afternoon and evening. No construction workers here today. Thought they might pump off the big swimming pool out back. Icon_lol Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 06-19-2017

We installed quite powerful LED lights in several rooms during the major reworks. My room was exempt from the dirt and hassle but missed the lamps too.
I got that fixed today. Three LED lamps each with 3600 lumens got installed and provide perfect light to work at the layout. Older eyes need more light to function.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-20-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 57 headed for a high in the low 80s. Looks to be another nice day. Sympathy for those suffering through excessive heat.

Finally got a new desk chair yesterday. The old one would intermittently sink when it was first used. New one is very comfy. Just wish it had a slightly higher back. On tap for today is a pot lock with the monthly bereavement group. I made a rhubarb cake. Also need to make a grocery run.

All stay safe.

Tom