The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-20-2017

And a very good morning to all. Well, we never hit the 120 mark yet, just got to 118 in a few places around here. Today is another story though, record heat, just like everywhere else in the southwest. The newscasts are full of how to protect yourself in the heat, stay inside and drink gallons of water. I guess if I drank that much water, I'd have to stay inside to be close to a bathroom...

Anyway, you all have a great day regardless of the weather wherever you are. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-21-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 64 degrees with a high expected to be in the low 80s. Just had a sprinkle move through with another batch of rain that should be arriving in the next hour or two. Stronger storms expected tonight through tomorrow night.

Today is laundry and packing day. tomorrow I'm headed for my son's place. Then on Friday I'm off to Michigan for about a week and a half. Attendance here could be spotty for the next couple of weeks.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-21-2017

Good morning all, nope, it didn't make the 120 mark that they said it would (or could), but Phoenix did have a record 118 and it did get to 119 in places around the area. Today will be hot again with 118 in the forecast. Regardless of how hot it gets, there are always a bunch that want to hike up into the mountains (just big rocky hills really), and a few that need to get rescued. Why they even try when it's this hot is a mystery, lows in the morning are still in the mid to upper 80's. I've seen days here where it never got below 100, so why take a risk just to show that you want to stay in shape, or is it to show everyone your chiseled body as you run up the path with barely any clothes on? They've rescued people that they find are wearing flip-flops and can't walk anymore, some never took enough water and others have gone off the marked path and can't get back on their own.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-21-2017

On the run to meetings in Raleigh. Raining!!!!!! Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-21-2017

Sun and 70s today.
Rain forecast for tomorrow so I cut the grass this morning.
My train life is summer slow.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-21-2017

Dayle went into Toronto for lunch with some old colleagues.
We had to catch the GO train which leaves a half hour before my normal arising time. There seem to be some new GO cars with number series totally different from previous.
I managed 2 subway rides and 2 streetcar rides. Visited 3 bookstores and found what I hoped for in 2 of them (3rd was unintended).
/grouse mode/Toronto doesn't seem worth the effort any more. Union Station is still being reconstructed (seems like it has been since I retired) and every other street is also being torn up. All the landmarks are gone.
/grouse mode off/

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-22-2017

Good morning all, remember, "it's a dry heat", still at 4% humidity, 118 is scorching hot. It's enough to keep smaller flights from taking off, about four dozen have been canceled each of the past two days. We hit a record high and a record low-high (or is that high-low?). It didn't go below 90 yesterday. Lots of wildfires around the state as well, no huge ones like in past years, but still, they're spread out and one in particular has taken down some homes. Ha, just another typical summer day in the Arizona desert....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-25-2017

Hello Blue
Sun and low 70s today.
Seems the forum's are on summer break but I'm still around.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-25-2017

Morning. Been a busy week and Saturday. Hope all you that are roasting get a cool spell. Been horrible and high humidity here. Cooler and lower humidity forecasted. No rain for a change. Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-25-2017

Good morning all, set for a cold snap, Arizona style. Suppose to get below 110 by the middle of the week. No rain in the forecast, but this time of the year, it can just sneak up on you. Monsoons, habobs, and all those other weather phenomenon.

Just about got the garage cleaned out enough to fit the van in. Got a few neighbors upset because I've been parking a bit out of the garage. Well, I've told them I'd be glad to get some help unpacking if they had the time.... I guess they're all really busy, but have enough time to complain. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-25-2017

Greetings,gang.

It's partly cloudy and 66 degrees on the shores of beautiful Lake Huron this afternoon. That's gonna be about the high for today.

It's been busy around here since I arrived on Friday but all special events are over. Now it's going to be a week of helping my father-in-law with an assortment of chores. Primary chore will be to get the deck stained but the rain has to stop for a while before that can be accomplished.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-27-2017

Greetings, gang.

It's a partly cloudy 50 degrees on the western shore of Lake Huron this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 70 with a warming trend for the remainder of the week. Also included in the forecast are daily chances for rain during that same period.

Yesterday I got the south railing and part of the east railing sanded before the rains showed up. My father-in-law and I covered those portions of the railing with tarps to hopefully keep them dry until we are ready to paint. Today will see more sanding and covering of railing.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 06-27-2017

My wife was shopping this morning and we met for lunch at noon. I do still love it to have a date with my wife. I left a chocolate heart at her windshield wiper when I drove home. She continued shopping.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-27-2017

Good morning all, today should be a reasonable 109, still a bit above normal, but much better than the record 118 and 119's we had last week.

We picked up a golf cart yesterday to get us around the complex. It takes up a lot less room in the garage and I think I can put in a small workbench and have room to start a layout of sorts. I'll have to wait until fall to even consider it since there is no A/C or even a fan there. I do have a place to work in my den, and I might even start on some dioramas once we finish unpacking. It'll take a while for that to happen as well...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-27-2017

Morning Blue.
Tom sorry about Michigan not providing you with some nice summer weather. Low 80s is the average for this time of year.
I am south of you closer to Detroit and Lake St Clair.
We did some patio rearranging yesterday but I have no train news.
S.J.