The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 08-13-2014

Home sick today with digestive issues. Not fun. Will have to cancel the dentist appointment, too. If I feel better this afternoon, I may finish up my challenge.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-13-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sun but a chilly breeze. 70s for the day.
Yesterday was gloomy and so was I, nothing useful was done here.
Almost every major freeway is still closed in one place or other including the I-75 which takes travelers from out of state up north.
Happy Hump Day
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-13-2014

nachoman Wrote:Home sick today with digestive issues. Not fun. Will have to cancel the dentist appointment, too. If I feel better this afternoon, I may finish up my challenge.

Sorry to hear that, but from looking at the news, maybe it's best you stay indoors today anyway. Wink The morning news is just one continuous weather report. Streets flooded, heavy rain still in some areas and lots of detours. The thing that really gets me though is that they're doing the weather about the heavy rains and what they're calling, "Monsoon Madness" here in the Phoenix area, and then they show a picture of a flooded parking lot at the airport, only to find out later that it's an airport near Washington DC. They then show the Phoenix freeway traffic and switch to a video of cars floating in water and being hauled out with heavy equipment, only to find out that's happening in Detroit, not here :? . Yeah, we do have our flooding and washes are flowing like rivers, but why do they confuse us like this when you have no idea of what and where you're looking at? Sometimes they just use stock footage from years ago hoping that the viewers won't notice.... Curse

I hope you're feeling better Kevin, just don't worry, there's still over two weeks to finish your challenge.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-13-2014

ezdays Wrote:The morning news is just one continuous weather report. Streets flooded, heavy rain still in some areas and lots of detours. The thing that really gets me though is that they're doing the weather about the heavy rains and what they're calling, "Monsoon Madness" here in the Phoenix area, and then they show a picture of a flooded parking lot at the airport, only to find out later that it's an airport near Washington DC. They then show the Phoenix freeway traffic and switch to a video of cars floating in water and being hauled out with heavy equipment, only to find out that's happening in Detroit, not here :? . Yeah, we do have our flooding and washes are flowing like rivers, but:

why do they confuse us like this when you have no idea of what and where you're looking at? Sometimes they just use stock footage from years ago hoping that the viewers won't notice.... Curse

Why ? you ask? - - - - just for the "high drama" of it all, that, is why !
It's TELEVISION Wink :o Icon_twisted
it's PAID FOR BY ADVERTIZERS Wallbang
It just HAS TO BE HIGH DRAMA Wink Confusedhock: Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Who, after all, needs or wants plain truth. Popcornbeer Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-13-2014

Sumpter250 Wrote:Why ? you ask? - - - - just for the "high drama" of it all, that, is why !
It's TELEVISION Wink :o Icon_twisted
it's PAID FOR BY ADVERTIZERS Wallbang
It just HAS TO BE HIGH DRAMA Wink Confusedhock: Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Who, after all, needs or wants plain truth. Popcornbeer Big Grin

You're right of course, the plain truth is too boring for TV. :o That's why I record some of those "reality" shows like Pawn Stars, so I can just fast forward though the staged BS. But the news, we'll I always thought they were suppose to report the facts, not opinions and not staged drama... Wallbang Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-13-2014

Afternoon all. WHERE IS RB???????? Posted he took himself to ER yesterday. ??????

Flash flooding here last night too.

Nacho, get well.

Off to lake house to mow!!!

Back easement to pond fenced and gated. Thumbsup

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-13-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Afternoon all. WHERE IS RB???????? Posted he took himself to ER yesterday. ??????
I'm here. You don't get rid of me that easily.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-13-2014

Got a new power supply for Zelda today. Hooked it up, plugged it in and turned it on. It works like a champ! Nothing wrong with the old power brick. The new one is much lighter and works better.

[Image: DSCN6732.jpg]

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN1439.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-14-2014

Good morning ya' all, we're heading downhill from Hump Day and will be into yet another weekend within hours. It is indeed hard to believe that we're well past the halfway mark for 2014, Labor Day here in the US is just a bit over two weeks away.

No more rain in the forecast for a while. I guess a lot of folks all over the country had to contend with the floods. We have open irrigation canals here, some running close to housing developments (the canals were there long before the houses were built), and a lot of them overflowed the past two days causing major damage to houses, yards, walls and swimming pools, most of which is not covered since no one in those areas had flood insurance. It is tough to deal with things like this even with insurance. Still, this is typical weather for this time of the year here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-14-2014

Good morning. It's 80° with 52% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a high of 92°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

It looks like my Google Voice GVMate phone adapter has come in this morning. It looks a lot like a Magicjack. I wonder if it's as easy to use. I'll let you know later. The Magicjack I ordered is still in Illinois this morning.

[Image: DSCN1451.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-14-2014

Hello Blue
We have sun but a predicted hi of 68. Should be 85. Looks like another very cold winter ahead.
Not much here for a weekday morning.
We did some grocery shopping and I got the grass cut.
Will trim it tomorrow.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: Recent Celebrity Deaths - Chief Eagles - 08-14-2014

Afternoon all.

Now for good news. Think guy is really serious over lake house. Also, friend in real estate called with prospective restaurants for Rolesville. Thumbsup

Sad news but still good. Sold my pride and joy this AM. My Ranger bass boat. Sold it to my best friend at the lake. Still get to use it but he will use it more as he is retired and lives there. When I fished it, he always went with me. Why I sold it to him. He will baby it like I have done.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-14-2014

I can see why this Google Voice GVMate phone adapter isn't popular. It's very difficult to use. I've followed the instructions to the letter but I'm just more confused than I was before.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-14-2014

Hi all,

Cut four yards today and I am starting to feel it in the joints and muscles. It was unseasonably cool and breezy here. Also replaced some brushes on an old Black and Decker electric lawnmower, problem is the commuentator also needs some work as well worse case replace motor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Train wise not much else going on other than working on the summer challenge. After that will pick up on some old and moldy projects(model railroad)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the world of 3D printing Monitor on the pc hooked to 3D printer has gone kaput, 2 monitors a laptop and one HP printer is down for the count replaced my dead Kodak printer with an Epson AIO printer it at least gets along with Windows 8. May get laptop and one of the monitors fixed as soon as posssible. The HP paper sensor is not functioning right it does not see the paper pile hoping it is a mechanical error and not an electronic failure. It did not all go bad at once I just let it pile up.
There is a new Filliment extruder on the market that not only makes filliment but spools it up at an amazing speed of 3' per min. you can custom color your filliment as well for the hefty sum of just over $600.00 or so. Supposedlay it is cheaper to self extrude filliment then buying a spool of ready made filliment for around $50.00 a pop for a 1kg spool.

Back to work Saturday, they are sceduling me to work on the weekends which is kinda nice change of pace from not knowing which weekday(s) I work from week to week.

Strange news from here, downtown they were having a food truck festivale ............ not sure what the point of it is being food trucks are everywhere in Columbus both downtown and in just about every mid to large sized shopping area parkinglot.

Well I will call it a night early as I have an appointment with the dietician nurse and doctor Friday morning.