The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: Tom's Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-28-2017

Greetings. gang.

It's a hazy 46 degrees in beautiful downtown Port Huron this morning with a predicted sunny high of 76. Chances or rain move back into the forecast tonight and remain through Saturday night.

Finished most of the sanding on the railing yesterday. I have about 15-30 minutes of detail work to do on that today then it''s on to sanding the deck. Could take a while. The deck is about 16X20.

SJ - actually the weather has been good for working on the deck. A little cool in the morning but otherwise pleasant temperatures for working.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-28-2017

Good morning all, well, it still got over 110 yesterday, but today, they say once again that we shouldn't get over 109.... yeah, sure....

High temps and dry conditions have been fueling wildfires all over the southwest. We have around 20 of them here in Arizona, some are destroying homes and other buildings. The entire town of Mayer has been evacuated, and it's near Dewey where Ray M lives, that fire is south of Prescott. State route 69 that runs through both towns and is the major route from Phoenix to Prescott is closed. Not a great start for the summer for a lot of folks.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-28-2017

Sun and 79 today
Still a comfortable day for Tom to work.
The A/C has been off for about a week now so that's OK too.
No toy train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-29-2017

Greetings, gang.

66 and cloudy on the shores of Lake Huron this morning with rain on the way.

Progress on the deck sanding came to a rather abrupt end yesterday. I was changing the belt in the sander when I accidentally bumped the trigger, which very promptly removed a patch of skin from the heel of my hand. Lots of blood, running water, and bandages ensued. Between the rain and the hand I won't be able to work on the deck again until Sunday. I guess I'll just play tourist for a few days.

All stay safe(er than I was yesterday).

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-29-2017

Morning. Cooler and dry. Brick masons due here anytime to do work. Someone banging now. Foundation today, inspection tomorrow and backfill Sat. Finally getting things done.

Tom, hope tornados did not get near you.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-30-2017

Good morning, they are still battling wildfires, the largest is now approaching 30,000 acres and has destroyed a number of structures. They've allowed all evacuated residents of Mayer to go back, but the entire area is still under evacuation alert, that includes Dewey where Ray M. lives. The main highway to Prescott is still closed, but I think they're trying to get it open in time for their annual 4th of July rodeo, it's supposed to be the longest running rodeo in the country.

Take care and have a great weekend.... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-30-2017

Hello Blue
Sun and 80 today.
It was 84 yesterday but windy.
Tom I hope your hand is healing I am thinking of you being so close.
Because of the lake, weather there can be quite different than just a few miles away.
A cookout this afternoon but no train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-30-2017

Greetings, gang.

Mostly sunny and 79 on the shore of beautiful Lake Huron this afternoon. Rain chances for tonight and tomorrow.

I finished sanding the deck yesterday afternoon. Hard work crawling around on hands and knees with a belt sander. The hand will slowly heal. I've been soaking it twice a day. Also antibiotic cream, bandages, and gloves for working. We covered the deck with tarps so that after the rains stops tomorrow the deck will dry fairly quickly. We should be able to paint on Sunday.

Today my father-in-law and I went down to Vantage Point to watch for freighters on the river. Nothing. One was on its way but stopped to refuel. We gave up and went to Menards to pick up some lattice panels for the base of the deck.

No tornadoes in Fort Dodge but there was a funnel cloud. Picture was on the front page of the local paper. Some wind damage and some dime size hail but nothing major.

We're expecting possibly severe storms tonight. I have a bank drive through spotted about six blocks away if the weather does get bad I can put my car in the drive thru.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ray_m - 07-02-2017

Hi everyone,
We had a front row seat to the biggest fireworks show of the season. :-?
We are fine. The evacuation of the Blue Hills of Dewey was lifted and we returned to find our home the way it was when we left. Worship

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-02-2017

Great News, Ray!!!!

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cool on the shores of Lake Huron this morning. Right now it's 54 headed for a sunny high of about 80. Looks to be a beautiful day.

Today is the big day I've been working toward all week. Once it warms up (and gets a little lighter) the painting will commence. With over a hundred uprights spaced about 4 inches apart that all have to be hand painted it's going to take a while.

Happy World UFO Day! Eek

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-02-2017

Good morning all. Glad to see everyone is safe Ray and that there was no fire damage to your property. The fire was the main topic of all the newscasts and papers for a few days, but I guess they're wrapping things up by now since I hear little about the fire now.

Take care everyone and those of you in the USA, enjoy the long holiday weekend and keep it a safe one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-02-2017

Morning all. Sandman Tom too. Wink Hot and humid [humidity is horrible]. Got soaked yesterday just riding JD mower in the shade. :o Big hole in back yard had foundation walls finished and waterproofed. Hope to get inspection tomorrow. If so, back fill and then things will look better. Builder has submitted lumber order for framing.

Hope all are OK.

Got 4th parade I have to ride in. Then watch fireworks with Wifey, Frankie, Lea and Grandkids over back fence.

Have a great week ahead and be safe.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-02-2017

Our Dominion Day* was a washout. Went to hear all the churchbells in town ring (3 churches worth) and found parking near the basilica. We heard the basilica but not the other ones, not even the carillon at St George. Then we headed to the park and the parking was full. Went off for brunch in St Jacobs and got detoured -- problem with bridge flooding? But we went through West Montrose and finally managed to cross the covered bridge; one of those things you plan to do but where is it? The bridge was on the endangered list during last month's flooding. There was major thunderstorming while we ate and the park events were apparently adjusted around it.

Last year I bought a brick factory kit in Grand Rapids. I'm now actively assembling it -- in middle of glazing windows now. Trying to decide if I want to fill in mortar lines.

The name was illegally changed to Canada Day on a Friday afternoon with less than a quorum in parliament. Dominion was a Canadian originated term that was adopted through the British Empire/Commonwealth. "He shall have dominion from sea even unto sea."

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-04-2017

Happy Fourth of July, gang!

I think Lake Huron is frozen over this morning. It's 50 degrees outside! Needless to say there will be no work on the deck until later. It's supposed to warm up to the mid 70s as the day progresses.

Second coat has been applied. The only thing remaining will be some touch-up work in a few deep cracks in the wood. Later there will be a family picnic at my sister-in-law's place but I have a feeling it will be somewhat subdued. One of her daughters left on Saturday to move to Houston. In addition, my SIL has been sorting out her mother's jewelry to be passed on to the kids and grandkids.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-04-2017

Hello Blue
About an hour south of Tom we have a beautiful morning going into the low 80s.
I hope everyone has a safe 4th of July.
S.J.