The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-01-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny now and 63 with a high of about 84. Clouds move in later with a chance of rain this evening. Better chance of rain tomorrow evening.

Finished the forms for the new bridge yesterday. Today I have bereavement group at 10 and lawyer meeting at 2. Will buy cement in two trips as I need too much to safely haul in my car in one trip. With the rain tomorrow evening followed by cooler temperatures on Thursday and Friday I'll probably start pouring on Thursday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-01-2017

Good morning all, not much to talk about from here. No storms around our area since Friday which is good since they still have a lot of cleanup to do. We haven't seen anyone do anything to our complex yet, there's still a couple of trees blocking the road around our complex and one big one is blocking one of the gate entrances. I guess right now that landscapers are in high demand.

Have a great day.... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-02-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and pleasant this morning although the humidity is a little high at 78%. Temperature is 70 with a predicted high of 84. We had a thunderstorm last night with almost continuous thunder and about a half inch of rain.

Yesterday I started the process to probate my wife's will. Shouldn't be any problem but it needs to be done. Today I need to go to Menards to get the cement for the new bridge. Looks like I'll need about 7 bags. At 80 pounds each that's going to be a lot of lifting.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-03-2017

Morning. Heating up. Some weedeating around front to do. Construction going on. Electrical service moved. Roughed plumbing just passed inspection. Waiting for HVAC. Getting a spot removed from hand this afternoon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-03-2017

Good morning all, hope everything is going well for you all. Good luck on your procedure today Frank, and wishing the best for anyone else that has anything else in the way of medical things scheduled.

Humidity is high here, 20% chance of rain the next few days, then nothing through the middle of next week. That's the time Mother Nature usually proves those TV forecasters wrong and does a real dump on us....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-03-2017

It's still morning for a few more minutes here in sunny southeastern Ohio. Good morning everyone.
I have been scheduled for knee replacement surgery on August 28th. I need it bad, but I am not looking forward to the experience.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-03-2017

Charlie B Wrote:It's still morning for a few more minutes here in sunny southeastern Ohio. Good morning everyone.
I have been scheduled for knee replacement surgery on August 28th. I need it bad, but I am not looking forward to the experience.
Charlie
I've heard nothing but good things about knee and hip replacement surgery. My wife had her hip replaced a few months ago and was walking with help the next day. Six weeks later, she didn't know the difference, no walker, no cane, no physical therapy and best of all, no pain. Hips and knees are a bit different, but you'll be glad when it's behind you. Good luck...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-03-2017

Charlie B Wrote:It's still morning for a few more minutes here in sunny southeastern Ohio. Good morning everyone.
Charlie
Same here, I've heard that once it's finished, it's the best decision the person has made. It may or may not be easy but you won't regret it! Smile

Best of Luck!!!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-04-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 50 headed for a high of 77. Got another quarter inch of rain yesterday morning but still not enough to end the dry spell.

Repaired a couple of small holes in the wheelbarrow yesterday so I can mix the cement without having it run out. Today I need to go back to Menards to get the rest of the cement for the new bridge and maybe a couple of tools. Tomorrow should see actual construction of the bridge.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-04-2017

Good morning all, BIG storm yesterday, a lot of places on the east side got over 1.5" of rain by the 6:00 news. I can't see much from rain, but we did get the wind. They're still cleaning up from last week's storm, lots of trees still down on the side of the road. I'm not sure who is responsible for cleaning that up, probably each HOA has to deal with the landscaping adjacent to their area or maybe the city. Don't know and really don't care, just that there's probably a good 25 or more trees down and they'd better get busy....

Another weekend is here for all, so enjoy it doing what you like, and try to get in some train time if you can.... Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-04-2017

Morning. Hand thing went OK as usual. Nice little hole that will heal over in a few weeks.

Something I did not mention. Got a rare blood disease. The rheumatologist found it with special blood tests. Start chemo tablets tomorrow evening. Probably take them for 2 years. Seems we have caught it before it really showed results of damages.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-04-2017

Hello Blue
We have clouds and a Hi of 75 for today.
We spent a few days in northern Michigan. I think I have recovered from the driving.
Yesterday was warm with rounds of pouring rain passing through all day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-05-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 52 this morning with a potential for rain later.. High is supposed to be about 75.

Well, the big day has arrived but will be delayed in starting. With the cool temperature and the chance for rain looking better by the minute I may have to delay the cement work until tomorrow. No other plans for today.

Frank - hope your treatment is effective.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-05-2017

Good morning. Not much on for today. Will visit the New Bethel Church food pantry. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-06-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 61 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s with only a 20% chance of light showers this afternoon.

Well, yesterday proved to be disappointing. The radar showed rain heading straight for me so I delayed starting the new bridge. I should have guessed the rain would dissipate by the time it got here. Not a drop. By then it was too late to start. Everything is looking good for today.

Yesterday I did managed to get a couple of bushes by the front door trimmed. One was trying to get onto the porch and the other was trying to capture the mailman.

Prayers for those in need.

All stay safe.

Tom