The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-06-2017

Morning. Breezy and comfortable for NC in August. Chemo tablets made me sleepy. Slept till 9. Unheard of here. A little dizzy but all OK so far.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-07-2017

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 61 this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s, still several degrees below normal for this time of year.

The bridge is done. Three hours from start to finish. It took six 80 lb bags. Now to let it cure. I'm leaving Thursday so I won't be able to take the forms off until I return a week from tomorrow. Going to Rapid City for my youngest grandson's birthday. It's the first time I've been out there for his birthday in at least 10 years. His birthday occurs during Sturgis rally week. For those who don't know, Sturgis, SD, is where thousands of motorcyclist converge every year. One year, after leaving my daughter's place we stopped for the night in Cheyenne, Wyoming and had a hard time finding a room there because of rally week. That's almost 300 miles away from Rapid City.

On tap for today is some grocery shopping and a quick trip to Menards to return the extra bag of cement.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-07-2017

Chief: Hopefully you'll get used to the pills. Best of luck getting well asap!!!

Tom:

post pics when you get back! Big Grin Have a safe and fun trip!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-07-2017

They said rain in Phila today and for the surrounding area. We got 5" and to the South, they got the worst, flash flooding and lots of high winds. They had some downed wires and trees.

Supposed to be cool and sunny the rest of the week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-08-2017

Good morning all, yesterday was nice, clear and warm, like about 104. We're heading to 111 in a few days, then back to rain and lower temps. We had some flooding the past two weeks, but not like some folks back east. Wow, floods and tornadoes really do a number on everyone affected.

Yes Chief, good luck and hope you get off the pills soon. As for taking pills, how many of us are taking a pill to counter the side affects of another pill that we're taking? And maybe even another one to counter the side affects of that one.... Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-08-2017

Morning. Raining. Much needed. Taking Yorkie to vet. Then may have to call Dr. Hand is bleeding and not clotting. Wonder if meds. Nothing Mayor wide today so it will work. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-08-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 57 after an overnight low of 50. High for today is supposed to be near 80. Looks to be a very nice day.

Returned the extra bag of cement yesterday and bought the materials to put a handrail going down (or up) the stairs to (from) the basement (pick appropriate words as applicable). Not much planned for today other than to paint the handrail.

Mickey - pictures are definitely planned.

Prayers for Frank, Mrs. Daze, and others as needed.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-08-2017

Hello Blue
Sun and 80s today, no rain lately. Haven't had the A/C on for about a week now. As long as the humidity stays low we just open up the house and enjoy summer.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-10-2017

Greetings, gang.

Travel day has arrived and it looks to be pleasant all the way. sunny with highs in the 70s and light winds.

Bags are packed, chores are done, and I'm ready to go. Next stop Rapid City.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-10-2017

Good morning everyone, hot yesterday, 111 for Phoenix, 109 here in Surprise. Things start to cool down with rain in the forecast again. School has started all over the valley now and getting ready for college this coming week. They built a new dorm at ASU, seven stories tall and amenities that rival some of the finest hotels. Back when I was going there, most of the dorms didn't even have air conditioning.

Take care and have a great day... Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-11-2017

Hello Blue
A little rain overnight. 80s for the day.
Daylight is getting shorter now, we come in about 9:15, lost about half an hour already.
Other than our 3 day trip we haven't done much traveling. Oh some 1 day things but no real vacation.
I love summer, green trees and grass, fresh veggies from the garden. Love it.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-12-2017

Greetings, gang.

It's cool and cloudy at Mt. Rushmore this morning. Right now it's 50 headed for a high of about 70 with thunderstorms predicted for this afternoon. Had a nice storm move through yesterday afternoon with 40+ mph winds but very little rain.

Birthday party at the skating rink this afternoon followed by cake and ice cream at a nearby park. Races we were supposed to go to were canceled last night due to the storm. Not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-12-2017

Good morning folks, it's been a bit damp and humid here, Wickenburg got hit with about 2" of rain the other night causing flooding and road closures. I remember when we lived there, the back of our property was a wash and when there was a summer storm (now called a monsoon storm), we had a running river for a few hours. That was most enjoyable to watch, but not so much for those people trying to get somewhere.

You all have a great weekend... Applause Applause Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-13-2017

We took a week of "holidays" in the motorhome. Couldn't get onto BigBlue from the iPatch -- looks like I wrote down the wrong password.
Cobourg is a small town but has a bit of railway history. There is a small museum that is mostly train related. Their railway had a 2 1/2 mile bridge (trestles plus truss) across a lake that didn't survive 7 years of Ontario winters. They have a model of it in a very small scale.

We had a campground that is 2 blocks from the center of town. Very good for us who don't tow a car.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-14-2017

Good Monday morning to ya all. A bit damp here yesterday, a big storm rolled in Saturday night and it continued through yesterday morning. Lots of street flooding and the Home Depot parking lot across the street looks like a huge lake. A few trees down, but not like a few weeks ago.

Nothing of any significance going on today for us.

Just a heads-up, I'll be opening up a new thread for the Hobo Camp when we get to 5000 posts. We're a bit overdue, but I think 5000 posts in one thread is going to be a record of sorts....