The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-14-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 56 at the base of Mt. Rushmore this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 80 with a 50% chance of rain this afternoon, which may wash out our planned golf outing with daughter, grandson, son-in-law, and a friend of my grandson. We shall see.

Quiet day yesterday after a very fun day Saturday at grandson's birthday party. My daughter rented one of the local skating rinks for grandson and his friends. Same group of kids who took first in their region and third in the South Dakota state hockey championship. Full hockey gear and lots of clowning around.

Tomorrow is a travel day.

Prayers as needed.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-14-2017

Hello Blue
Sun and 80s today, humidity is down. feels good out there.

I figured a new start was coming, hope I can find the new one. I'm getting old you know.
A nice turkey dinner yesterday, we had plans for an outdoor event that got canceled so my wife got the turkey out and invited our daughter/family.
No toy train news except a couple laps to keep the tracks clean.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-16-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 66 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 70s with a 70% chance of rain later today.

Home from my latest trip. Had a great visit with daughter and her family. Today is laundry day and get ready for my next trip. Going to visit a train buddy whose house is right on the center line of the eclipse. Got an e-mail from him last night saying the town (population ~7000) is expecting to run out of food and gas by the time it's over.

So far I've put over 4000 miles on my new car in the last two months. I know for some of you that's not much but for a guy whose longest trip is two miles to Menards that's a pretty fair amount.

Prayers for Brakie, Frank, and all others in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-16-2017

Good morning all. Cool here by our standards. Will barely make it past 100 today. No rain in the forecast until this weekend...

Ya all have a great day.... Popcornbeer

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-16-2017

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.
So far I've put over 4000 miles on my new car in the last two months. I know for some of you that's not much but for a guy whose longest trip is two miles to Menards that's a pretty fair amount.
Tom

How many times a day do you have to go to Menards? and they never seem to have the toy trains in the store.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-17-2017

BR60103 Wrote:How many times a day do you have to go to Menards? and they never seem to have the toy trains in the store.
I try to keep it down but sometimes there are multiple trips in a day. The kind where, as you're walking in the door you think "Darn, I forgot to get that other gizmo!" Eek Nope

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 66 right now headed for sunny, breezy and 80. Should dry the grass out enough that I can mow it for the first time in over a month.

Got the forms off the new bridge yesterday and now I need to work on the approaches. I do have access to some fill dirt but need to wait for the ground to dry out before I start hauling it in. I figure I'll need at least two 18 gallon totes full of dirt. Then seed it and hope the grass grows.

On tap for today is the aforementioned mowing along with packing for my next rip. Headed to Nebraska to a train buddies house which is on the centerline of the fast approaching eclipse. Should be a fun weekend. Tonight is beer and bereavement and tomorrow is a travel day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-17-2017

BR60103 Wrote:
FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.
Tom

How many times a day do you have to go to Menards? and they never seem to have the toy trains in the store.
Well, we don't even have Menards here, so that wouldn't be a problem for us. All this time I thought that it was like Home Depot until I saw them advertising train stuff in Model Railroader. There's a saying about, to be successful, find one thing that you're good at. Stick to that and not try to be all things to all people.

Good morning all, nice weather here in store, I hope likewise for your area.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-17-2017

Menards only carries trains in the store at Christmas time. The rest of the year is on-line orders. You can have orders sent to the store without paying shipping charges.
If they have Christmas leftovers they are in the out of season section of the store. Usually on a second level.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-18-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 61 headed for a high of 78.

Leaving here shortly to head to Nebraska to visit tome strain friends (who just happen to live on the centerline of the impending eclipse). Should be a fun weekend of trains, golf, and the eclipse.

Don - my wife always said that if Menards ever put in a grocery section she'd never have to shop anywhere else. One of our friends called one day and was laughing. When my wife asked her what was funny the friend told her that Menards had just put in a section for groceries. Wishes do come true!

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-18-2017

sir james Wrote:Menards only carries trains in the store at Christmas time. The rest of the year is on-line orders. You can have orders sent to the store without paying shipping charges.
If they have Christmas leftovers they are in the out of season section of the store. Usually on a second level.
I only get to Menards in Traverse City durung the month of July. I haven't found the second level yet. Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-19-2017

Morning all. Hope all are OK. Been real busy. Hope this weekend and next week are slower. Hot and humid. Had some rain off and on. Grass back to growing and growing. Mow when it dries out some. Tom, rent out your place for thousands. Wink Crazy. Showed on news, a small tent in a back yard renting for $300.
All have a good weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-19-2017

Hello Blue
Sun and 82 for today.
Big due-in's in the neighborhood this weekend.The Woodward Ave Dream Cruise. classic cars, hot rods, from Detroit city limits north to Pontiac Mi. You can even find it on a google search. Although most things can these days. Woodward Ave was the first paved street in the USA.
And a weekend air show at Selfridge ANG base.
AND a Bday party tomorrow for #5 grandson.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-19-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 78 this evening at ground zero for the eclipse. NASA and Bill Nye, the science guy, are in town for the big event on Monday. Rumor has it that NASA has rented a farm north of town for the last 9 months getting ready for this.

Train buddy and his wife and I went out last night to cruise the local restaurants to see how busy they were. Went into the best one in town and it was less crowded than normal for a Friday night. After dinner we drove around town to look at the local campgrounds and parks. Still very quiet in town today also. I think most people are staying in Lincoln and Omaha until Monday morning and most of the local residents are staying home thinking there will be big crowds everywhere. Then on Monday Hwy 77 from Lincoln to Beatrice will turn into a giant parking lot for the duration. I'll be staying until Tuesday morning to allow the traffic to clear out.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-20-2017

Hello Blue
Unless your quite young and that's not many here, we have seen this before. I shall save my eyes and see it on TV. Mich will still have a sliver of sun and I'm not nut's enough to go somewhere else.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-22-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 66 with a predicted high of 75.

Back from ground zero of the eclipse. Sat on my train buddy's front porch and watched the whole thing. Truly a spectacular sight. On tap for the remainder of today is resting.

All stay safe.

Tom