The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 08-23-2017

I have some fun with mail.
Bought two Tsunami in an English online shop (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.digitrains.co.uk">http://www.digitrains.co.uk</a><!-- m -->). I know the shop from previous items. They are very nice people.
The parcel started as usual in Lincoln close to Sheffield and got fast to Heathrow the international airport of London. Royal mail claims to send it via GLS (a local carrier) to Germany. That is what I expected. Then did they get second thoughts and sent it it way up to Edinburg in Scotland. After some time did they complete loose control and forwarded it to Warsaw the capitol of Poland.

Date Time Status Track point

21/08/17 12:51 ARRIVED IN COUNTRY WARSAW POLAND WARSAW POLAND
16/08/17 02:25 ARRIVED AT EDINBURGH MAIL CENTRE EDINBURGH MAIL CENTRE
15/08/17 AM ON ITS WAY TO GLS GERMANY GERMANY
15/08/17 04:45 ARRIVED (MDN) AT HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC
14/08/17 20:25 ON ITS WAY TOHEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC SHEFFIELD MAIL CENTRE
14/08/17 20:13 ITEM COLLECTED SHEFFIELD MAIL CENTRE

I got two other Tsunami decoders at the same time in NJ via eBay international shipping program. They arrived yesterday.

My job: Keep ccol and smile Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-23-2017

Greetings, gang.

It's a cool start to the day today.. Right now it's 48 headed for a high of about77. You can copy and paste that forecast for the remainder of the week.

First up this morning is a trip to the grocery store to restock the shelves. Then it;s time to start major house cleaning, probably involving a front loader and a power washer. Talked to my sister-in-law last night and if my father-in-law is well enough to travel they will be here next Thursday and stay through at least the following Tuesday, subject to change without notice.

Reinhard - back in the old days (I was going to say the good old days, but they weren't) when I was still gainfully employed I tracked a package that made almost a complete circuit of the United States before arriving.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-23-2017

Morning. Still puttering along. Hot and humid. Cold front coming through this afternoon. Chance of storms. House additions slowly coming along. Think things will move if subs show up as scheduled.

Yesterday was a slow day for me. Had Dr.'s apt. BP was really low. Probably why I felt so slow.

Hope all OK.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-23-2017

Reinhard. does your package get travel miles credit? Maybe it can afford a trip to Chicago... :o

Good morning all, temps are back to normal, around 106 yesterday, same for today. The rain in the forecast turned out to be just a few drops on our windshield, nothing else. No rain in any forecast that I can see, but you never know...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-24-2017

Greetings, gang.

The sun is starting to peek out from behind the clouds after some overnight sprinkles. Right now it's 65 headed for a high of about 75.

Got all my chores accomplished yesterday and also started working on the approaches to the new bridge. Dirt is in place and has been tamped once but I will tamp it again before putting the track back in place. So far the only other item on the agenda is beer and bereavement tonight.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-24-2017

Tom, I have been following your bridge building, any chanch of a photo or 199? Goldth
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-25-2017

Morning. Cooler here. I concern for Texas and LA. Prayers. Hope all OK. Grass to mow and errands.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 08-25-2017

My Tsunami sound decoders arrived today. I could not trace the routing from Poland to Germany. That is secret of the Royal Mail Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-25-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, humid, and 74 with chances for rain throughout the weekend.

Finally got the bridge finished. I still need to do some landscaping around the base.

[Image: IMG_7504.JPG]

I'm putting together a thread showing construction and lessons learned (there were a lot of those). I should get that up over the weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-25-2017

Tom, that has been well worth waiting to see. Great job. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-26-2017

Morning. Cooler and sunny. Prayers for Texas and LA.

Tom looks great. Great job. Now get your snow plow ready for it. Wink

Hope all have a good weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-27-2017

Morning all. Sunny and cooler. Prayers for the Texans.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-27-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 72 at the moment headed for a high of 78 with a chance for showers later today.

Yesterday was a day for all those necessary chores that aren't fun - dust, vacuum, etc. Second floor is done. I need to work on the first floor today. Tomorrow I'm off to Des Moines (some would say I'm just off) to get the spare tire for my car and maybe do some other shopping.

Thanks for the kind words on the bridge. It was a fun project.

Prayers for those in Texas, including my son and his family, a niece and her family, a nephew and his family, all in the Houston area, and my daughter's sister-in-law in Corpus Christi.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-27-2017

Looks good Tom
Weather here has dropped into the daytime 70s'
Nice and comfortable. No A/C for awhile.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-28-2017

Good morning all, new week, new challenges. Prayers for all those in the path of Harvey and for those yet to feel its wrath. We hope that the government deals with this better than they did with Katrina.

Take care and have a great week...