The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-28-2017

One thing I have noticed about this terrible storm. So far no other country has rushed in to offer help.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 08-28-2017

We are concerned about the situation in south Texas. We have been many times in that area. The information available shows at least great damage. The Traffic information of Google Maps shows how severe the situation in the Houston area is.
We wish you all the best!

ps. Gary, just drop in if your home is still ok. We would like to hear from you.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-29-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, cool, and humid this morning. Right now it's 54 with 100% humidity. High for today (and the rest of the week) should be around 80. Looks to be a very nice week weather-wise.

Saturday was spent house cleaning and on Sunday I cleaned off my desk. Filed papers, filled out forms, etc. Yesterday I went to Des Moines to get a spare tire for my car, which now has over 5000 miles in less than 3 months. Today I need to mow the yard. As I started typing this I got a call from my sister-in-law. I'll be driving back to Des Moines on Thursday. They are passing through on their way to Omaha so I'll meet them for lunch.

According to my daughter-in-law's post on the book of faces as of last night they have had 27 inches of rain with a prediction of 8-10 more inches. Her neighborhood is still dry. My niece is staying with friends until their house is built. The water came up the driveway but did not get into the house. My nephew and his family moved all their furniture to the second floor and as they finished the water started to recede so it looks like they are ok also. Daughter's sister-in-law's house in Rockport was undamaged but many neighbors suffered moderate to sever damage.

Continuing prayers for those who are in the path of the storm as it moves east.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-29-2017

Raining lightly. The tropical storm never intensified. Unlike Harvey.

Drywall guys "going to town". Amazing.

Tom, prayers for your family in Texas. Prayers for all of Texas and LA.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-30-2017

Morning. Partly cloudy and chilly. Siding guys back as rain gone. Got a meeting this AM. Hope all of this crew are OK. Prayers for Texas and LA.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-31-2017

Good morning all. We've had rain in the forecast for all this week and so far nada. I guess Harvey picked up what was to be here. We have been under a heat warning though, temps up past 110 in some areas here.

Frank, good thing you got your drywall in, I think because of Harvey, drywall is going to get scarce really quick. Prayers for all those folks along the Gulf coast.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-31-2017

Morning. Siding folks trying to finish up. Guessers said rain starting last night. Didn't happen. Late today or tonight. Tomorrow a washout. Prayers for Texas and LA. Hope Harvey has plaid out. No more damage.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-01-2017

Morning. Light rain. Siding guys finished early yesterday. Waiting on drywall finisher. They say he will work through weekend. Fine with us.

Hope all are OK. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-01-2017

Good morning all, the start of yet another weekend. A long one for us in the US, Labor Day weekend, the start of the fall season. No one told Mother Nature about the change, temps still pushing 110 for a few days, some rain in the forecast though so it's a bit confusing to us laypeople that don't understand how they get their information. A tropical storm heading up the west coast of Baja, but turning into the Pacific and shouldn't bring more rain that predicted. Again, how do they know all these things, yet base their forecasts on percentages?

Have a great and safe weekend... :mrgreen:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-01-2017

Greetings, gang.

Hazy and 56 headed for the low 70s today, then warming through the weekend to the upper 80s. Then on Tuesday the temps fall off a cliff with highs near 70. The haze is from some forest fires burning in Canada.

Went to Des Moines again yesterday to meet sister-in-law and her husband for lunch. Then back home for beer and bereavement in Humboldt. Hopefully I'm done with the family traveling for a while. My next planned trip is at Thanksgiving to Omaha for dinner at grand-daughter's. Been trying to get there for three years and each time something comes up that I have to send my regrets. Also yesterday afternoon one of my grandsons dropped in for a visit. Always fun to talk to.

On tap for today is nothing. This weekend will be a weekend of rest, relaxation, train running, and not going anywhere.

Frank - when's the open house to show off the new addition?

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - doctorwayne - 09-01-2017

faraway Wrote:We are concerned about the situation in south Texas. We have been many times in that area. The information available shows at least great damage. The Traffic information of Google Maps shows how severe the situation in the Houston area is.
We wish you all the best!

ps. Gary, just drop in if your home is still ok. We would like to hear from you.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the same Gary, Reinhard, but I just now heard from Gary S (WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build), who's located close to Houston and to the Gulf.

He and his family are all well, as is their home. However, the layout building took in a couple of inches of water, and Gary has already cut and removed the damaged drywall. He's hoping that the repair work will once again ignite his interest in model railroading.

Wayne

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 09-01-2017

Wayne, thanks a lot for the information. We visited Gary on our last US trip south of Houston. The layout is in an extra building in the backyard. I was afraid the main building and the layout building are flooded. Looks like their home is ok. Good news.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-01-2017

Hello Blue
A taste of fall today. High of 65. It was 69 in the house when we got up this morning.
Texas will rebuild and go on. Sadly New Orleans neighborhoods turned into wastelands.
I think in part that they evacuated people to other states and they didn't return.
Texas didn't do that, the just moved them to dry land. Most will return and rebuild.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-02-2017

Morning. Cloudy and foggy. Not much happening here. Had 1 3/4 inches of rain. Twisters in the air. Folks on other end of the county had baseball size hail. None of this from Harvey. Cold front dropping down from the north as Harvey pushed north through Tenn. valley.

Tom, addition is dragging. Subs. Icon_lol Betting Oct 1. Was suppose to finish Sept 1. Nope

Hope all have a safe holiday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-02-2017

Well, it's suppose to be the beginning of fall and it looks like the middle of summer out there for us. I shouldn't complain, but we're getting a bit tired of temps that are around 110. We have rain in the forecast but they keep pushing it out, now we're Tuesday or Wednesday before we see any.