The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-03-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 63 right now in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 80s.

Yesterday was laundry day. That's all caught up. Also got some solar powered rope lights attached to the edge of the new bridge. I'll try to get a picture this evening. On tap for today is not much of anything. Hope all have a great Labor Day weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-03-2017

We were in New Orleans a few years after Katrina. The campground owners told us that they were trying to clear out and close up and one resident claimed that he didn't have to go because he wasn't a citizen of N.O. (or something like that) and not subject to the evacuation.
They also said that watching the campground on sattelite, they couldn't tell toppled trees from ones that were still in the ground. They came back to about 30 blown over trees.

In a tour of the lower Ninth Ward, the driver pointed out that the only chain stores that had returned were Home Depot and similar.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-04-2017

Morning. Sunny and 83. Drywall folks putting on another coat of mud. Slow but sure we will get it finished.

I flew into NOLA two years after Katrina. Houses still boarded up. Taxi driver said lots were not fixed due to no funds.

Now looks like Irma may go into the Gulf. :o Who knows.

Have a safe and happy holiday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-04-2017

Hello Blue
A gloomy start to Labor Day.
Suppose to reach 84 before the storms arrive late afternoon.
I am recovering from a Saturday night family wedding.
Feeling lazy.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-04-2017

Greetings, gang.

Smokey and 67 headed for a high of around 78. Much cooler for the next two days with highs barely making to 70.

Another quiet day in store for today. Not much planned other than maybe a bike ride.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-04-2017

Good afternoon all. Not much going on here weather-wise. One TV forecaster says 10% chance of rain today, 30% tomorrow. Another says 30% today, 10% tomorrow. Who knows....

Just got back from Fry's with a new desktop. The one I'm using now is about 10-12 years old, still running OK, but old is not good when it comes to computers. They had a one-day sale. Got a Dell with a i5 processor, Win 10, 8 gig of memory and a one terabyte hard drive for under $400. Now I've got to take a few days to load it up.... :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-04-2017

Sympathy to Mr Days for getting Windows 10.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-05-2017

Greetings, gang.

Another smokey (smoky?) day in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 50 headed for a high of 68 with winds from the north at 20+ mph.

Been suffering from headache, burning eyes, and a scratchy throat from all the smoke. Looked cloudy all day yesterday. Today looks to be a little better. Today I need to pay some bills. Not much else planned but you never know what the future holds.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-05-2017

BR60103 Wrote:Sympathy to Mr Days for getting Windows 10.

Thanks, I don't mind Win10 (really have little choice nowadays). Been though them all and wish that they kept XP, but from what I hear, 10 is going to hang around a long time... My real sympathy is getting everything to work on my new computer. Reinstalling programs (and finding the original disks), moving data and remembering all those passwords and keys... Wallbang Worse of all is that all those older programs are going to want to do automatic updates before they'll run. :wait:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-06-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 58 after an overnight low of 46. High is supposed to be in the upper 60s. Warming trend starts tomorrow through the weekend with highs in the mid to upper 70s, much more in line with normal temperatures for this time of year.

Not much accomplished yesterday and today looks to be quiet as well. I did get the bills paid so I can live in the house for another month at least.

Prayers for all those in the path of the approaching storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-07-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and downright cool outside my window this morning. Right now it's 41 degrees with a predicted high in the mid 70s.

Lots of activities on the agenda for today but none of them are fun. Grocery shopping, house cleaning, make some potato salad, gas the car, and go to the bank. Late afternoon will see me headed to Humboldt for my weekly beer and bereavement. Should be different. The town is having their annual Hawkeyes/Cyclones block party in downtown.

Many prayers offered for those on the east coast in the path of the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-07-2017

Morning. Sunny, cool and lower humidity. Maybe, just maybe an early frost and no mosquitos during deer season. Use to frost in October and then stay cool. Last year, had to wear bug suit into November.

Had busy day yesterday.

Tom, sounds like you are better.

Haircut day. Off this AM to neighboring town for a much needed good trimming.

Special prayers for those in Irma's path. Same for wildfires out west.

No subs so far.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-07-2017

Good morning all. After seeing what's happening around the rest of the country, I feel almost ashamed to complain about the weather problems that we've had here. Nothing we have here can compare with what the folks in TX, LA have gone through and what those on the east coast can expect in the next few days. Prayers for them all....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-08-2017

Hello Blue
Just checkin in.
Sun and 60s today.
I have a sister in law living in Naples Fl. Tried to get her to leave about 3 days ago and all I got was reasons why she couldn't. They don't even own the condo they are living in.
So if they survive we will hear wailing and moaning about how bad things are for months to come.
Sad that summer is over already, seems like winter is 10 months longer than summer.
S.J.

About noon today, they learned about the 9 ft water surge and FINALLY decided to leave.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-09-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 54 headed for a high in the low 80s. Another nice day in store for me.

Had some friends over yesterday afternoon for train running and food. Cooked over the fire pit and watched the trains and talked until dark. Got to watch all the solar lights on the Backyard & Southern light up. Very nice evening. This morning I need to go with one of my grandsons to my sons storage shed. Then this afternoon is college football.

Prayers for those in the southeast.

All stay safe.

Tom