The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-10-2017

Morning. Chilly and fair. We will get a little rain from Irma. Prayers for those in her path.
Meds gave me bad indigestion last night. Couldn't get to sleep until 3:30 AM.
All have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-11-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 60 headed for a high of 83. Pretty much the same weather for the rest of the week. No rain until maybe Friday night.

Quiet day yesterday. I did clean up a batch of acorns and will haul them to the yard waste disposal site this morning. Ran the Afternoon Special (passenger train) for about an hour late yesterday afternoon. Watched The Orville last night. I enjoyed it.

On tap for today are getting rid of the acorns, grocery shopping, and a bike ride. Also cleaning up another batch of acorns. We had some wind last night and it sounded like hail hitting the roof.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-11-2017

Cloudy morning. Been watching 9-11 ceremonies. Now to a 9-11 thing. Hope all are OK. Prayers for those were Irma passed and now are in its path. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 09-11-2017

It is getting colder here. A good time to escape to the south to extend the summer by two weeks. The flight to Gran Canaria is scheduled for 11:55h tomorrow. Same hotel and probable some well known British faces from the past years.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-11-2017

Good morning all. The weather here is unchanged, rain in the forecast all last week, none. Rain is not in the forecast for this week, so it's anyone's guess. Temps to be in the low 100's all week.

Glad we're not in the gulf area right now. Prayers for all affected by all the recent hurricanes and the aftermath, plus those in Mexico affected by the earthquake there... Mother Nature may be showing her disapproval with what's going on around the world, simmer down all you folks in charge, she has the upper hand.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-12-2017

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day in store for me. 57 now headed for a high of about 85.

Didn't get the acorns hauled off yesterday. Got busy with other stuff. Will get that done today. The disposal site is near where my monthly bereavement group occurs so I will drop them off after bereavement. Not much else on tap for today. May work on cleaning up another batch of acorns.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-12-2017

Afternoon. Misty rain. Not even windy as weather guessers said it would be. Spared a lot. Tom, save the acorns for the deer to eat. They love them. We have all pines down east so I haul them from here to the hunting site. All have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 09-12-2017

Hi everyone -

Excited that my first two shapeways creatings are printed and on their way Smile Right now I am working on an HOn3 flat car that can be printed in one piece Smile Almost done with that one!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-13-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 71 headed for a high in the mid 80s. Same forecast for the rest of the week.

Yesterday I got rid of some acorns and then had another roundup yesterday afternoon with more of that in store for today. Had a friend call me yesterday and I jokingly offered him some acorns. When he asked what kind of oak tree I said "Uh... big?" He laughed and then told me he wanted them for his cabin. Wants a variety of trees and already has certain kinds of oak but wanted dome different ones.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

If you haven't already, please check to see if your information is at risk due to the Equifax breach. Below is a link to check it. Only takes a few seconds. I checked both my own and my late wife's numbers. I checked hers because information lives forever in computers.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://trustedidpremier.com/eligibility/eligibility.html">https://trustedidpremier.com/eligibilit ... ility.html</a><!-- m -->

END OF PSA

Kevin - nice work so far. I've enjoyed following your thread on the progress of this project.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-13-2017

Good morning folks, I shouldn't complain after what's going on back in Texas, Florida and other states, but we had yet another record of 110 yesterday. Hey, it's mid-September, I guess Mother Nature is still upset with us all....

Not much else to talk about, prayers for those hit by these storms and other bad things....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-14-2017

Morning all. Was a shower of rain. Gone now. Not suppose to be much of any rain today. Nothing on the agenda for the Town [I hope].

Tom, used your link. Said my info was not at risk. ????

Hope it gets cooler in AZ.

Hope all have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-15-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 70 outside my window this morning headed for a high of about 90. Slight chances for rain off and on through about Tuesday.

Quiet day yesterday. Today I need to conduct another acorn roundup and get them hauled off to the yard waste corral. Tomorrow I'm going to Des Moines. The National Weather Service is holding an open house. Also an excuse to maybe go to Harbor Freight and/or Biglots!

Frank - I'm in the same boat. It must be one of those "it never happens to me" until it actually does happen.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-15-2017

Hello Blue
An uneventful week with temps in the 70s and no rain.
Other than soaking up the end of summer there is no big news from me.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-15-2017

Tomorrow is Doors Open in Waterloo. I'm going to visit the new Transit barn. The track and overhead are almost done and one streetcar has been delivered, although it's not yet certain if it will run.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-16-2017

Good morning all and welcome to another weekend. Well Frank, you wishes are coming true, just a bit. Temps here are now at or just below 100, plus there's rain in the forecast. We had the van washed the other day, just before they said we were in store for yet another monsoon storm. Go figure, but it didn't reach us, many don't, so it looks like our wash job is safe for a few more days. Applause I thought that our monsoon season was over and it was the beginning of our snowbird season.... I did notice that a lot of the ducks and geese are arriving at a lot of the small ponds around here along with a few RV's towing small cars. I guess no one told them it was still as hot as it is here. Nope