The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-25-2017

Greetings, gang.

Foggy and 63 this morning with a high of about 70 and a 70% chance of some much needed rain.

Quiet day yesterday. Not much planned for today.

Frank - had a similar experience several years ago. Wife decided to refinish oak kitchen cabinets. Weather was hot while we sanded them down. Didn't want to get all the dust in the a/c so we left it off. Once sanding was done we turn the a/c on to get a stable environment for staining and varnish. Of course the weather immediately turned cool.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-25-2017

Hello Blue
I'm still around.
A long streak of high 80s still continues for a couple more days. We need some rain but the grass is still green for now.
No train news at all.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-26-2017

Morning. Cloudy from Maria. Tile folks are here. Everyone has to leave the back doors open. Shut dogs in master suite. Got a couple of errands to run today. Yesterday was Town stuff most of the day.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-26-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 61 outside my window this morning and that's about it for today. Except for Thursday it's supposed to be in the 60s all week. I did get about an inch of much needed rain yesterday. it was a slow steady rain so it all had a chance to soak in.

Made it to the gym this morning for the first time since April. I'll be trying to get back on some kind of schedule since the weather is turning cooler.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-26-2017

Hello Blue
The 90s will be over after tomorrow. 93 today. September average is 70.
Nothing in my train world but my wife has been canning tomatoes the last few days.
So we had pizza for supper.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 09-27-2017

We arrived last night at 23:00h at home from two weeks great vacation.
Current status
1. It is cold
2. The fridge is empty
3. There is a huge pile of dirty laundry
4. The princess is still sleeping
Perfect condition to play with the layout :-)

Something strange happened after one week. I am big fan of chocolate ice-cream and consume a good amount of it during summer and especially during vacation. All of a sudden did I not like the taste anymore and developed a preference for strawberry ice-cream. The second week was therefor a strawberry ice-cream week. I do still wonder why my taste change so suddenly.
Anyhow my weight and ice-cream do not match anymore......

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-28-2017

Greetings, gang.

The sky is just starting to show some daylight and the temperature is 45 headed for about 75. Looks to be a nice day.

Had a busy but productive day yesterday. Started off with a meeting downtown. Then got the old conduit cut off of the garage roof and covered the hole. Then a bike ride and followed that by cutting up a limb that had fallen from a tree in the yard. Big limb, about 15 feet long and 6 inch diameter. Glad no one (me) was hit when it fell.

Probably not as busy today. Only planned activity so far is a bike ride this afternoon followed by beer and bereavement this evening.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-29-2017

Good morning all. Getting kinda chilly here, in the early mornings anyway. Temps are getting below 50 in the morning, but pushing 100 later in the day. We still need the A/C, at home and in the van. Still, we're starting to see signs of snowbirds filtering into the area, I guess cool to us is "just right" for those people coming from up north....

Have a great weekend everyone, and yes, prayers for all those in need.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-30-2017

Morning all. Been up. Tile folks are here for the 5th day. Long process. Had a busy week. Ended by going to Edgecombe. Moved one stand to a new location. "Raised" a big box stand at a new location but close to where we moved the double ladder stand from.
Got a busy day today. Seem Mayors never stop.
Cooler here too. Hope all have a good weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-30-2017

Greetings, gang

Sunny and 52 this morning with a predicted high of about 70. Temperature in the house is 68. I'm tempted to click the furnace on just to take the chill off.

Yesterday was pretty much a waste. I did get the house taxes paid but that's all. This morning looks to be a little different. I slept for 7 hours last night. Normally I sleep for 5-6 hours (and no, I don't take naps during the day) so I may have been a little under the weather. Anyway. I've already been out for breakfast and to Menards. Next up is to haul the table saw up from the basement so I can cut the weather strips I got for the garage door. This afternoon I'll probably mow the yard.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-30-2017

Good afternoon all, just delightful weather, a bit hot in the upper 90's, but a relief from what we've been having the past few months.

Not much else to talk about right now, so just have a great weekend doing whatever you want to do.... 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-01-2017

Morning all. COOL fall like here. About time. Feeling pretty good after meds last night. Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-01-2017

Hello Blue
Yea I'm still around. Just have no trains to talk about.
Weather has cooled from High 80s to the 60s.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-02-2017

Good morning all, SJ, no need to have trains to talk about in order to hang out at the Hobo's Camp. I haven't had any to talk about for a few years now, but that all may change.... In the meantime, post about anything you you want, the weather is a popular topic here and just whatever you feel like talking about.

Speaking of the weather, those TV folks are saying that we're not finished with the triple-digits yet this year. They've got 100 for a couple of days this week.

Prayers for all those affected by that shooting in Las Vegas yesterday. It's impossible to control some people with bad intent. Everyone's lives have changed over the years by a few bad guys, or bunches of them across the world, but we can't give in and we can't give up or way of life.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-02-2017

Morning. COOL again. Fall like. Watching TV news on Vegas. Have a good one.