The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-03-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy, and 70 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 70 after an overnight low of 71. Yep, it's going downhill from here. Rain and colder temps are forecast for the remainder of the week. NWS is talking about lows in the 30s and highs in the 50s next week.

Not much accomplished for the last couple of days. I did rent Wonder Woman. It was ok but I wasn't overly impressed. This morning I've been out and about already. Needed a new phone card for my cell phone (Straight Talk flip phone). Also bought the new Forza racing game for my XBox. Splurged and bought the Ultimate Edition. Up next is bill paying and laundry. Not really an exciting list of activities but it needs to be done.

Prayers for those affected by the events in Las Vegas.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-03-2017

Good afternoon. Everything is beautiful in southeast Ohio today. I was hoping someone can help me find a good picture of Jeffrey Wimberly's Midland Gulf and L&A logos. I want to letter a couple cars for my layout to honor him but since the photobucket disaster I can't find any high resolution pictures. If anyone runs across any please PM me (and I don't get notices about PM's so I may take a while to get back to you)
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-03-2017

Hello Blue
A nice sunny day at 80 degrees.
Might get some rain tomorrow, we need some.
Tomatoes are "canned" now she will do applesauce.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-03-2017

Good afternoon everyone, well, afternoon here, evening and night for a lot of you. Temps here in the mid-90's but heading up to 100 by Thursday. Who knows when it'll get to normal.

Went to Home Depot this morning, had to watch out for all those guys putting up the Christmas stuff. Yup, it's not even Halloween yet and here come Christmas. Oh, they still had their Halloween stuff on display, right next to the Christmas stuff they were putting up. No room for Thanksgiving decorations I guess.....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-05-2017

Greetings, gang.

There's a light mist and 57 degrees outside my window at the moment. The high is supposed to be about 66 but I have my doubts. According to our friends at the national Weather Service we are supposed to get up to about 2 inches of rain between now and Monday. Looks to be a pretty soggy weekend.

Did a few chores around the house yesterday and then treated myself by running the Hotshot Freight for about an hour and a half. Also had a fire in the pit and there may (or may not) have been an adult beverage (or more).

Today I put gas in the car and took some yard waste (generated yesterday) to the disposal site. As I was going out to change the oil on the car it started to rain so that project may be over for today. Radar shows this is just the preliminaries to the real rain so I may be able to get it done yet. We shall see.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-06-2017

Greetings, gang.

No bike ride today. It's been drizzling/light rain since yesterday morning. According to the official rain gauge for the world we have about 3/8 of an inch of rain so far. Predictions are for another two inches by Sunday. 57 right now with a predicted high of about 63. Nice day for a walk.

With the rain yesterday I didn't get much accomplished. Today I need to go to the grocery store and I will probably go to the gym. With the weather I may take a nice walk in the rain again today. I did that last night after I got home from beer and bereavement. Foggy and a light mist. Made for a fun walk.

Prayers for those in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-06-2017

Good morning all, no rain here, just some mild heat. I don't think we made 100 as forecast, to be sure, they changed the forecast as we got closer to the day the said it would reach 100. Only got to 99..... makes me want to go search for my longjohns... Icon_lol

Hope you all have a great weekend

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-07-2017

Hello Blue
83 today.
Big football tonight in Michigan but a storm forecast might spoil the game. First time these 2 teams scheduled a night game and rains gonna spoil it.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-08-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 53 right now with a predicted high of about 74. Between Thursday noonish and yesterday afternoon we got a total of about 4.5 inches of rain. A lot of that was the slow steady kind interspersed with occasional downpours. Sunny and pleasant are predicted for the next couple of days.

First up for today is to watch the F1 race from Japan. I taped it overnight so I should be able to get through it pretty quickly. After that it's time to change oil on the car. No other big plans for today.

Don - deepest sympathy for your cold weather. Do we need to get together a care package of down-filled coats? Big Grin

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-08-2017

Good Sunday morning to you all. Worked up a sweat looking for my longjohns. Couldn't find them, I think I threw them away about 60 years ago, bus some down-filled coats may come in handy, high temps look like as low as 87 and up to 95 over the next week or so. Just don't know with this unseasonably cold weather here.

Actually saw someone heading to the check stand at Walmart with rolls of Christmas wrap. Someone is shopping a bit early. Lots of stores say that they won't be open on Thanksgiving, I wonder if Walmart will follow suite?????

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-08-2017

Sun and 70s today
Michigan State won their football game last night so I'm happy. Oh yea so did Ohio State and the Toledo Rockets..
You can tell what part of the country I'm from.

The rain came but no lightning so the game played to the end without delays.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-09-2017

Greetings, gang.

Happy Columbus Day. Clear and 51 headed for cloudy and 61 later today. Rain chances increase tonight and last until Wed. AM.

Yesterday I went for a two mile walk because it was too windy to ride the bike. Well, later the wind died down so I wound up riding the bike anyway. Also got the oil changed on my car for the first time. Had a tough time getting the old filter off. Finally wound up putting tome sandpaper between the filter and the strap wrench. That provided enough friction to get the filter loosened.

This morning I need to go to the grocery store. They have 93% hamburger on sale in 10 lb tubes. I'll cut it up into smaller packages and freeze it. Then I plan to go to the gym and see if I can still swim a half mile. Last time i was away from swimming I could only swim a quarter mile. No plans yet for this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-09-2017

Morning. Had busy week last week and Sat. When not Town stuff, going east to farm to get ready for rifle season this Sat. Probably headed that way today.

Left elbow has an infection in it. Very sore. Two big knots on it. Don't know where is came from. Just suddenly came out Friday. Antibiotics. Followup tomorrow.

God bless.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-09-2017

Good afternoon, yup, I actually heard the TV gal say that, "A cold front is headed our way". Then she gives the forecast, temps ranging from 89 to 95 for the rest of the week.... Seems logical.

One way we know it's fall here is when they start changing the grass. Yeah, most places, people change the type of clothes they wear from light to heavy, we change or grass from Summer Bermuda to Winter Rye. All over town you see them scraping the old grass off golf courses, parks and all around where HOA's have greenbelts, then seeding the rye. Just a bit ago, we were driving by one of those greenbelts and there was a large truck where you can see the old grass flying in the air, some landing in the truck, a bunch going over the truck and onto the ground. We got the the other side of the truck and there was a guy picking up shovel fulls of grass clipping and tossing it into the truck, well, almost, he was just tossing and probably half of it just went clear over the truck and landed on the other side.... it was a bit comical for sure. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-10-2017

Greetings, gang.

Rain, wind, and cold are the descriptors for today's weather. Right now it's 40 and raining. Wind is supposed to pick up later this morning. Ideal weather for a pot of chili.

Never made it to the gym yesterday. I didn't sleep well Sunday night and as a consequence fell asleep for a while at my desk. Decided it would be good if I fell asleep while swimming. I did go for a 2 mile walk yesterday.

Today I'm going to try the gym again. Also time to get the laundry caught up and I'll be starting the aforementioned chili shortly.

Prayers for a speedy recovery for the Chief and for all others as needed.

All stay safe.

Tom