The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-20-2017

Morning. Up ready to roll east. Sow food plots and hunt this afternoon. Back tonight. Flooring guys to come and finish kitchen and breakfast room. Last two days, been helping contractor remove kitchen flooring [4 layers, since 1940] and breakfast room. Lots of hard work. More addition work has been done. Light at the end of the tunnel.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-20-2017

Hello Blue
Sun and 70 but not for much longer. The clock is ticking.
We did shopping this morning. Four stores one round trip.
Some of the locals are at York, I just go in April.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-21-2017

Morning. Been busy here. Addition. Curse Glad I was gone. Would have cussed out contractor and all. All the work scheduled for yesterday didn't happen. Not happy and Wifey isn't either.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-22-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 47 headed for about 65 today. Got almost a half inch of rain over the weekend.

Truly a remarkable weekend for me. Maybe I'll tell you about it later. Right now I'm still digesting it all.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-23-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 44 headed for the low 60s. Weather service talking about high winds for the next couple of days and a hard freeze by the weekend. Also possibly some light flurries.

Nothing accomplished yesterday other than watching a very entertaining Formula 1 race. Off to the grocery store soon then maybe the gym or just go for a walk this afternoon. Too windy to ride the bike.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: Tom's Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-24-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and very windy this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is only supposed to be in the low 50s with winds up to 45 mph. Still talking a hard freeze by the weekend with some possible flurries.

Cleaned up some leaves yesterday but with the wind it didn't look like I did anything. My neighbor to the north was jokingly throwing his leaves in the air hoping they would land in my yard. I told him to get back in his house and stay there.

On tap for today is to dispose of the yard waste along with a couple of other minor errands. The remainder of the day will be spent doing laundry.

Prayers for those in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: Tom's Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-25-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 44 right now headed for sunny and 61 with moderate winds. No 30+ mph winds scheduled for today.

All chores accomplished yesterday. Today I'll be working in the yard again, getting leaves picked up from trees that are probably miles away. Very windy yesterday and I have a leaf drift in front of the garage and another in the back yard that are well over a foot tall.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-25-2017

Good morning all. A bit unseasonably hot here, it's been in the very high 90's all week so far. Yesterday should have been 97, a new record for that day. I say. "should" since I haven't been keeping up with the news. By the time we get back from working on the new house, we're too tired to do anything but hit the sack. We're less than a week away from moving, then it's unpacking and moving stuff around. My biggest complaint with being in a retirement community is that we didn't have much to do, that's all changed now.

Still a bit disappointed with the Christmas displays and ads. Already you can buy trees and decorations at Walmart and Home Depot and I'm sure many other stores. I see TV ads for Christmas and it's not even Halloween yet. I understand though that many stores are forgoing opening on Thanksgiving Day. That's a step in the right direction....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-26-2017

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 47 outside my window this morning. Early high for today in the upper 50s. Then a front moves through with increased winds and falling temps this afternoon.

Got another crop of leaves harvested yesterday. I need to haul those away and then get the leaves out of the back yard. With a little luck I can get those hauled away today also. Otherwise I'll get rid of them tomorrow. The disposal site is only open til noon so I need to get started.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-26-2017

Good morning all, from what I can tell, we got up to 99 the other day. Still in the 90's today, but it should get into the 80's starting tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it....

Carpeting goes in the new house today, then clean-up and moving day is scheduled for Halloween. Sorry kids, no trick or treat at our house this year.... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-26-2017

We made it down to 0 (C; 32F) overnight. This week's highs look like last week's lows.

Haven't posted much. Almost 3 weeks on holiday in Boston and New York and I couldn't log in on the travelling computer.
Not much news. VIA train 94 seems to be running "top and tailed" as the Brits say; one loco at each end for 5 or 6 cars. I wonder if there's a turnaround problem ou west.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-27-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, very windy, and cold this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 32 headed for a high of about 40 with winds in the 25-35 mph range. I have actually seen a few flakes of snow. We're supposed to get maybe as much as a half inch but the ground is still quite warm so it won't stay.

Got the yard waste hauled yesterday and then picked up another bag full just from the back yard. I'll be hauling that bag off this morning. Also plan a trip to the gym. Otherwise it will be a stay indoors day.

Don - you've had more houses in the last few years than I've owned in my entire life. This is only the second house I've owned and it will probably be my last. Yes, it's too big for my needs but I don't want the hassle of having to clean it out. Also don't want another mortgage payment.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-28-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 31 today headed for a high in the 40s. We had some snow yesterday and there is still a dusting on some roofs and on some cars that sat out overnight. At least the wind is down to a more reasonable level.

Got the yard waste hauled off yesterday but that's about all. I was going to go to the gym but one of my daughters called and I spent an hour and a half on the phone with her. Tried to go for a walk but it was just too windy and I didn't dress warm enough. Today I plan to put the storm windows on the front porch and this evening is college football.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-28-2017

Good morning all, hope your weekend is going well for you. Our's will consist of getting the new house ready for move-in. That will happen on Tuesday, just in time for trick or treeters to show up at our door. We wouldn't expect any here at the retirement community though, but it wouldn't surprise me either if some old codger wanted to relive their childhood....

Temps today and the coming week are around normal, below 90 for a high, in the 60's for lows.... Time to put on a jacket...oh, they're all over at the new place. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-29-2017

Good morning. Had a busy week. Had Fall Festival on South Main Street yesterday. Street closed in front of house. Didn't get to hunt this past week. Hope to this week. Hope all OK.