The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-30-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 38 headed for the mid 40s and windy (again).

Yesterday was almost a complete bust. Planned to go to a train show about an hour east of me. Needed to be out of the house by about 8. Woke up at ten to 8. Well, shoot! Cancel that plan. Wanted to pick up some more leaves in the afternoon. Started misting/drizzling/light rain about noon. Cancel that plan. I was able to watch the F1 race.

Today I plan to go to Walmart shortly. After that will be a trip to the gym. Other plans may develop as the day progresses.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chuck - 10-30-2017

LANSING MODEL RR CLUB SWAP MEET AND SHOW THIS SUNDAY Nov. 4th from 10 - 4.

Hey everyone! Just a quick reminder for those of you who will be in the Lansing, Michigan area this coming weekend -- There are over 500 vendor tables, and I believe 10 or 12 layouts as well. Division 5 of the NMRA will be putting on clinics throughout the day. The Steam RR Institute will also be there. Hope to see some of you there - stop by the club table and say hi!

Chuck

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-31-2017

Good morning all. Halloween for you scary folks, for us it's even more scary, it's moving day for us. Yup, we are moving into our own house once again. Retirement living wasn't our style, so I'm thinking that I'll be off line for a few days until we get things straightened out. Not that we'll be unpacked by then, just that we are going to switch Internet carriers again and that might take a while before the house gets wired. The room that I'm going to use for my den with the computer in it seems to be the only room that doesn't have coax or phone wiring and I'm going to have to wire that myself. Oh well, another project to deal with....Crazy Crazy

See you all in a few days.... Welcome Welcome

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-31-2017

Gloomy and 40 for the day
Yep Lansing show and 1 in Mt Clemens. 2 big shows on the same day.
That sucks.
Not many kids stop here on Halloween night. They don't like the scoop of ice cream I plop in their bag.
Gee I thought everyone liked ice cream
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-31-2017

Is Lansing on the 4th or Sunday 5th?

There's a show in Kitchener on the 5th.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-01-2017

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 32 in the remote wastelands of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 40s with a chance for rain.

Tried to swim at the gym yesterday. Got into the pool as far as my knees and decided the water was too cold for my taste. The lifeguard said the boiler was down and it could be several days before it was back in operation. Canceled the swimming and walked for two miles.

Not much planned for today. A trip to the gym this morning and maybe another leaf harvest this afternoon.

Went to Walmart the other day to upgrade from a flip phone to a smart phone. I could either buy a $50 one or a $600 one. Not gonna do that. The search continues.

Don - good luck on your move. Hope all goes well and is easy on you and your lady.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-02-2017

Good morning all. Yup, we're all moved, now just finding stuff that we need is a complicated problem. Which box has what we're looking for, and be careful not to trip on whatever is laying around. I obviously have an Internet connection, I had a phone line for a few hours with a temporary phone number (someone "forgot" to create a work order to move my old number over), but that went away yesterday. So today, we have DirectTV coming to install our satellite dish and Cox Communications to see why we don't have phone service. Got to be somewhere between here and there so they're going to start here first.....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-02-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 44 headed for cloudy and close to 50.

Quiet day yesterday. Had a good workout at the gym and then goofed off for the rest of the day. This morning I went to Walmart and bought a $30 smart phone. I'll use it as a training device to decide if I want a fancier one. Also on tap is getting the laundry caught up and packing for my trip. Headed to Minneapolis with my girlfriend for the weekend. May not post for the next few days.

Don - glad things are going fairly well for you.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-02-2017

Both shows are on Sunday the 5th.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-06-2017

Greetings, gang.

Horrible news out of Texas this morning. My prayers for all those involved.

Cloudy and 25 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 30s.

Had a fun weekend in Minneapolis with my girlfriend. I did get introduced to some of her relatives. It had been snowing so went to get the car while my girlfriend said her good-byes to the family. When she got in the car she said I got an A+ from all the relatives. They made it easy for me. All very nice people and we had a lively conversation from start to finish.

On tap for today is a trip to the gym followed by leaf harvesting this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-06-2017

Hello Blue
A wet week is behind us. The ground squishes like a sponge.
Hi in the 40s today.
We chose the Mt Clemens show for Sunday, wrong choice. Next year it will be Lansing instead.
While reading forums I had a thought this morning. Yes sometimes that happens. Why do so many modelers build tunnels on their layouts?
I'm thinkin it might go back to the days when most train owners only put the train under the Christmas tree with a tunnel somewhere.
Your thoughts!
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-06-2017

sir james Wrote:Why do so many modelers build tunnels on their layouts?
I'm thinkin it might go back to the days when most train owners only put the train under the Christmas tree with a tunnel somewhere.
Your thoughts!
S.J.
SJ, I think it adds the appearance of length to the model train route. A train can disappear into a tunnel and come out in another modeled world. I don't have a tunnel on my main but there are 2 on the branch line as well as a highway tunnel. It adds lots of interst.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-06-2017

In early railway days, a tunnel was such an attraction for passengers that railways would go out of their way to include one.

Made Kitchener railway show. Dayle gave condolences to Steve of Model Railway Imports whose wife died since the last show.
I came home with two boxes of figures and a vacuum tool that I plan to use to pick up windows that have fallen inside coaches.

Tom: I always had the fear that I was making a better impression on the parents than on the girl.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-07-2017

Good morning all, strange weather we're having, typical for this time of the year, but strange nonetheless. We had jackets on going to breakfast yesterday, and by two hours later, we had to turn on the A/C in our van. Same thing at home, chilly, then hot, then back to chilly. Too cold for the A/C to be on, too hot to fire up the furnace. And yes, we're in our new home, but a long way to getting settled. Out buying things that I know we have, but just can't find in the myriad of boxes yet to unpacked....

A sad day in Texas and for the world, too many bad guys around influencing others to do bad things. I wish there was a solution, people can't gather anywhere without being vigilant anymore...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-07-2017

Greetings, gang.

Another cloudy day in a long string of them. Right now it's 30 headed for a high of about 38.

Had a nice workout at the gym yesterday and then goofed off the remainder of the day. This morning is bereavement group followed by laundry this afternoon.

David - I figured if they approved of me they just had very low standards.

All stay safe.

Tom