The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-07-2017

Morning. Cloudy and misty. Messy next few days and turning chilly. Been busy. Addition and Town. Did escape Friday afternoon and Saturday to hunt. Friday was hot and Saturday was cloudy, chilly and NE wind. Best thing was got away from all of this. Yesterday was a bummer. Had to rerun cable electrical contractor had run for cable. Shorted everywhere. Took most of the day and fished a wall. Waiting on a sub to show now. Who knows when.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-08-2017

Greetings, gang.

After an overnight low of 19 it's currently 25 headed for a high this afternoon of about 45 under mostly sunny skies. Good day for raking leaves.

Went to bereavement group yesterday morning and then had lunch with a former neighbor who lost his wife a few months after I did. In the afternoon I got all the laundry caught up.

This morning is a trip to the gym and this afternoon will be the aforementioned leaf raking.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-10-2017

Greetings, gang.

It's sunny and 19 in eastern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 34.

Got a call from my son about 11 PM Wed. night. Calls at that time of night are pretty much universally not good. He has fallen off the wagon. I drove down yesterday morning and by 3 PM we had him in detox. Hopefully he'll be out by early next week. Then we need to find a program to keep him on the straight and narrow.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-11-2017

Cold good morning. Ready to go to Veterans' Memorial and have our ceremony. Thanks to all who served.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-12-2017

Good morning all, crazy weather here, we have the furnace on in the morning, and the A/C on later in the day. Still, highs are in the high 80's and reasonable. So much so that the snowbirds are flocking back, Yup, bunches of RV's towing small SUV's are the norm right now, filling up the many, many RV parks we have. We have one nearby that the people actually own the property that they park their RV on. A lot of them have enough room to build on some extra rooms to boot, some are two stories high. A lot of snowbirds own homes here and back where they spend the summer months, the original Sun City is sprawled all over several square miles of the west side here, added on are Sun City West, Sun City Grand and a few others, all by the same builder. Houses range from very small (less than 100 sf) and date back to the early 60's and a few sell for less than $100,000, others are new construction, large and some pushing $1,00,000. A few of those are over that.

Just a little glimpse of what it's like living in what used to be the Arizona desert.... if you are interested in knowing, that is... Icon_lol (I used to write a column for an Ohio newspaper called, "Out Arizona Way", just to let folks back there know about things like this.) Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-12-2017

Hello Blue
Cloudy and 35 this morning going to 40.
I was host w/a cohost for our monthly club meet.
If you want to see my toy train layout go to OGR and find Detroit3Railers November club meet.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-12-2017

50 degrees. Up from 28. Went to Sunday School. First time since starting meds on Saturday night. Being lazy before running some errands.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-13-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 26 headed for cloudy and 46.

Back from eastern Iowa. Son out of detox and says all the right things (AA attendance, group meetings,etc.) but time will tell if he really means it. He's been battling this demon for many years.

On tap for today is a trip to the gym this morning and more leaf raking this afternoon. That for me is one reason to move to someplace similar to where Don lives. After looking at Google and Bing satellite photos there are places where there isn't a tree within 10 miles. At this time of year that sounds pretty darn good.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-15-2017

Morning. 44 degrees. Sunny. Some sub work in house and outside today. Nothing but some errands and then regional transportation meeting later.

Prayers for the son, Tom.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-15-2017

Hello Blue
Not much action here lately. I will stay, may not post often but I am here.
Weather has been winter gloomy with highs in the 40s.
Everything is back to normal after hosting our train club.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-16-2017

Good morning folks, chilly here in the mornings but still getting up to the high 80's later in the day. Forecast does call for it getting down to just below 80 in a few days, but just for one day, then back up again. No rain in the forecast either....

Still trying to get unpacked and settled. I swear, boxes seem to multiply by themselves. We unpack a couple, and more seem to take their place out of nowhere. Icon_lol We have yet to unpack our kitchen stuff, so we're still eating out a lot unless it's takeout and paper plates...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-16-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 21 headed for 41 later today.

It's been kind of quiet the last couple of days. I havn't felt like doing much of anything but then there are the interruptions to my plans as well. Yesterday I was planning to go to the gym when my older daughter showed up. As soon as she left my younger daughter called to give me all the gory details on why her new stove hadn't been delivered and installed yet. That took 4 separate phone calls to give me minute by minute updates. I would have been very happy with the 30 second executive version.

Thank you, Frank.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-17-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, breezy and 40 headed for a cloudy, breezy high of 49. Yesterday's high was supposed to be about 40 but never made it past freezing. Hope their forecast is a little more accurate today.

Had a quiet day yesterday. Probably be the same today. I did get nominated to make the pumpkin pies for T-day at my grandson's place. I'll be making a grocery run for the necessary ingredients early ext week.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-17-2017

Good morning all, hot yesterday, 87. Today very cloudy but no rain in the forecast.... Wrong again, just a sprinkle, but rain nonetheless...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-18-2017

Good morning all, and I hope you're having a great weekend. Just a few more days to Thanksgiving, we were driving around yesterday and we couldn't believe the traffic, it was like "Black Friday", one week early.

We did get rain yesterday in our area, something more than a sprinkle but less than significant enough for the TV forecasters (weather reporters) to say that it rained, it would have ruined their reputation if they had to admit that it did rain. And since there was no rain at the Phoenix Airport, officially, it didn't. I'm just not sure now what that was that we had to keep our wipers on for, but it was indeed wet from our house to were we went, almost 20 miles away, so I guess this has been almost three months without a trace of rain... on the record books, that is.... 35