The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-18-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 34 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 41.

Yesterday I did manage to get the yard cleaned up again and hauled away the leaves this morning. This evening I am going to a wedding reception for one of my younger daughter's closest friends. My daughter can't attend so I have been appointed as a delegate. I'll put in an appearance, stay for about an hour or so, and head home again.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-18-2017

I'm sitting here watching the Michigan football game and a light rain outside the patio door.
High of 50 today.
Mower and trimmer are de-gassed for winter. Still some brown leaves on the trees but not much.
That's it for today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 11-18-2017

Cold any rainy weather. Will be worse the next days. We will catch a plain Monday 11:45h and go to Gran Canaria in the sun for a week. Just a summer extension.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-19-2017

Good morning everyone, "perfect weather", so the TV forecasters (or weather reporters) say. Yesterday was a bit chilly, in the high 70's, but we're headed for a warmup. Thanksgiving forecast is for 88, a new record if that happens. I see storms, rain, snow and really bad stuff in other parts of the country, sorry about that, but remember, we just got through a really, really hot summer here and put up with temps close to 120 and a record number of days at or over 110 in order to be graced with this, "perfect weather" now....

Unpacking is going slow, but we now have dishes and silverware to use, a giant step in the settling dept. Still need to find the pots and pans before we can get a few home-cooked meals though.....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-19-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 25 after an overnight low of 17. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 40s.

Went to the reception last night and knew exactly two people, the bride and the groom. Not a big surprise though. Today is a goof off day. No plans yet.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-19-2017

Hello Blue
Another gloomy day with a high around 38.
Snow flurries floating around most of the morning but it stayed above freezing.
I watched the lions win and got a short nap. Stayed in today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 11-20-2017

All packed, all done. Taxi will pick up up in about 30 minutes. I will keep watching Big Blue from the iPad.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-20-2017

Greeting, gang.

Clear and 33 headed for a high in the mid 50s. Looks to be a nice day.

Not much accomplished yesterday. Today I need to get to the grocery store for ingredients for pumpkin pies. Grandson called late yesterday afternoon to confirm. Told me the pies had to not be missing a piece (or more). He's well aware of my addiction. Also on tap for today is yet another leaf harvest. Running out of time for the yard waste disposal site to be open.

Reinhard - hope you packed sunscreen.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 11-20-2017

Tom, my wife takes care of that matters. I have been focused on the dinner buffet, and I did it. Strawberry icecream with hot strawberries and whipped cream for desert......

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-20-2017

Computer giving problems. Startup often comes up with null screen and weird pattern if I push return.

What do I expect? It's a year and a couple of days old.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-21-2017

Greetings, gang.

It's a partly cloudy 37 outside my window this morning. That's as warm as it's going to get. Temperature will drop to the upper 20s by this afternoon accompanied by some strong winds up to about 40 mph.

Got all my supplies yesterday and also got the leaves cleaned up again. Today is laundry day and a trip to the gym.

Reinhard - sounds like an excellent meal.

David - had a similar experience with my laptop only the issue was mechanical rather than electronic.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-21-2017

Hello Blue
Sun and 48 but the wind feels cold.
Home from Aldi's to pick up just a few things, say's my wife. Yeah right.
No toy train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 11-21-2017

we changed the room today due some noisy work under the old room. We got an invitation for a free dinner incl. drinks for tomorrow as a compensation. This is a very nice hotel. They really care for their guests. That is even more surprising as it is the largest European beach hotel. Funny thing is the Canary Islands are part of Spain but we are at the coast of Afrika. My wife continue to slater a herd of cattle. She is a steak fan! I did some sport today and swam in two pools. We have a good time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-22-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 13 this morning with a warming trend on the way. High for today in 30s, 40s tomorrow, and 60 by Friday.

Not a good day yesterday. Went downstairs to switch the laundry and the floor was wet. Time for a new water heater. Plumber is supposed to be here this morning.

The other big item on the schedule for today is making pies for tomorrow. All the ingredients are on hand. We shall see how it turns out.

In other news our local constabulary has placed the two automated speeding ticket dispensers near the two busiest stores for the holiday weekend. Looks like they are planning to have a happy Thanksgiving courtesy of the holiday shoppers.

Reinhard - nice to hear of a hotel that still believes in customer service.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-22-2017

Tom:
our local paper has a column Speeders of the Week. Every week there is at least one, usually 2, people caught doing almost twice the speed limit on one wide highway, always at the same intersection, It's a 4-lane highway, but most of the intersections have stop lights. The speed limit is 80 (50mph) and they catch people doing 145-155.