The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 11-27-2017

We are back home. The layout is powered up and (almost) everything is fine.
The temperature is here 40°.... was there 75° this morning Sad
The Canary Islands have a very pleasant climate. It is not really hot in the summer and not cold in the winter. They are sometimes called the islands of the everlasting spring.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-28-2017

Good morning all, getting kinda crowded out there, I guess most of the snowbirds are back and settled. We talked to one at a restaurant yesterday morning. He asked where we were from, I said "here". I asked him and he said, "South Dakota". I replied, "that's why you're wearing shorts and I'm all bundled up". Hey, it was in the 60's. Goldth Speaking of the weather, the local TV weather gal said that we were in a "cooling trend", temps plummeted down to 85 yesterday, and we have a chance of rain this weekend. 0, 10 or 20% on Saturday, 20 or 50% Sunday, and 0 or 20% on Monday, depending on what TV station you are watching... Don't these people all get the same data from the feds?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-28-2017

Railway club just left; half a dozen guys. Very appreciative of my layout (and my wife's 2 layouts).
Spent the day as stationmaster at Windermere. Major chaos -- train #1 was still in the platform when it was supposed to arrive back. Some of the goods trains may have gone out with the wrong identification (I don't understand that part; someone else does.)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-29-2017

David, fret not, I don't understand any of it. I just never got myself interested enough to run sessions either, but I'll bet it would be a lot of fun if I did. Besides, no one has ever asked me... Icon_lol

Well, we're starting to cool down, temps in the high 70's, the highest in the forecast was 80 for the rest of the week. Still some rain for this weekend, not sure how much or when, it seems to be a moving target...

Oh, about the football coach at ASU being fired. Well, if it was a clerk, factory worker or even an engineer, fired means that you leave right now and you get no extra compensation. Not true with college coaches apparently. His meager salary was $3,200,000 a year, (no wonder tuition has gone up from less than $100 a year to over $5,000 for in-state students), and apparently has a few more years on his contract allowing him to collect $12,300,000 upon leaving. Which, incidentally, won't be until after whatever bowl game they play in. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-29-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 18 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be about 50 so that sun better start warming things up pretty soon.

Got the leaves picked up yesterday for the last time this season. Yard waste disposal site is closed on Wednesdays so I'll take them tomorrow. The disposal site is closing for the season on Friday so if there is ore to clean up I'll have to find and alternate disposal method. Not sure what I plan to do today but I'll figure something out.

Don - Nebraska is still paying some of it's coaches three years after they have left the college. I saw something recently that Nebraska is paying over a couple hundred thousand dollars a month to long departed coaching staff. Wallbang

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-30-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 36 this morning outside my window. High for today is supposed to be about 50.

Pretty much nothing accomplished yesterday other than ordering a Christmas gift for my youngest grandson. That should be here on Friday. Today I'm off to Waterloo (some would say I'm just off) to meet my younger son for lunch. From there I'll head to my weekly beer and bereavement. It's been a month since I was there so I'm sure there will be lots of stories to tell.

Prayers for those in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-30-2017

Morning. Chilly but warming fast. Was 70 yesterday. Yard is now got lighted Christmas things. Wifey and I decorated yesterday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-01-2017

Good morning all, starting to get a bit chilly here, mornings are in the low 60's, and up to the high 70's later on. Suppose to get back to normal soon, low 70's for a high. Also, those TV guessers guessed wrong and have reverted back to 0% chance of rain for the foreseeable future (about a week).

We put up the meager few Christmas decorations that we have left and bought a few since we didn't have that many. When we moved from a house to the retirement apartment, we gave most of what we had away, thinking that we'd never need outdoor decorations and not have space for a lot indoors. Now that we're back in a house, we could use that stuff we gave away. Went to Walmart to find that a string of 50 lights cost more than strings of 100. 35 We just went with LED's, I never had the patience to try to find the one bulb that was the problem in a string, and now LED's are getting cheap enough. I've also replace most of our house lighting with LED bulbs. We can now see what's going on in the kitchen, twice the brightness at around a fourth the wattage. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-01-2017

Morning. Warm out. Off to one elementary school for DARE graduation. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-02-2017

Good morning, just one bit about our weather...again... But, we haven't seen any measurable rain in 100 days now. Not the record for here which is 143 days set in 2006. The last time it rained here there was still only 0.03", barely enough to measure, but they did count it anyway.

I found this tidbit of information though, which I though was interesting:

[
Live Science.com Wrote:In 1899, Yuma, Arizona recorded 179 straight days without rain.

Arizona is far from being the driest place on Earth. That title goes to Arica, in Chile, which gets just 0.03 inches of rain per year. At that rate, it would take a century to fill a coffee cup. The wettest place? Lloro, Colombia averages 523.6 inches of rainfall a year, or more than 40 feet.

And you thought it was wet in Seattle.... Crazy

I hope you all are having a great weekend. Ours will still be busy with unpacking and moving things around to find places for the things we just unpacked.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-02-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 26 with a forecast to double that by this afternoon. Sunny skies, light breezes, and mild temperature are the ingredients I need to test out my new drone. Picked it up on Black Friday and haven't had a chance to fly it yet. It has a camera built in so it could be fun.

Also on tap for today is a quick trip downtown to pick up a Christmas present for my grandson. Already paid for, just need to pick it up. Also need to do some house cleaning.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-02-2017

Morning. A damp feeling 50 degrees. Wow just dropped a degree. Might have a shower of rain. Rain we need. Don' need if I'm doing leaves. Got new spindles and bearings in deck of JD mower. Also new belt. Ready to go. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-02-2017

Hello Blue
Temps are 40s and 50s but only till Tuesday as down she goes on Wednesday.
It's Saturday collage football day so I haven't done much else today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-02-2017

Greetings, gang.

Got a phone call from my brother-in-law this afternoon. My father-in-law is in hospice care. Right now I'm in a motel in Sawyer, MI. I will finish the trip to Port Huron in the morning. Not the way I planned to spend the weekend. My participation here may be somewhat spotty for a time.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-03-2017

Morning. Sunny and warmer. Christmas parade today. Got my wave down pat.

Tom, prayers for FIL.

Have a great week ahead.