The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-23-2017

Good morning all, coming onto Christmas very quickly. I hope everyone has all their shopping done because the stores are going to be a madhouse today and tomorrow.

It's early and it's very chilly out. Temps in the low 30's and even in the 20's early morning in some areas around town. Highs yesterday didn't get past 60. But, not to worry, we will be back in the mid-70's by tomorrow, or so they say, back to normal....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-23-2017

Headed east to hunt. Back tonight. Only chance I will get until middle of next week. Enjoy the Christmas season.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-23-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 19 degrees with a predicted high of about 23.

Made it to the gym yesterday and did nothing else. Today I have laundry underway after a quick trip to the grocery store for a couple of last minute items. Nothing else planned for today. Looks to be a very quiet holiday for me.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-23-2017

Overcast and 33, lite coating of snow this morning is already gone.
No big news but I want to stay in touch.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-24-2017

Greetings, gang.

Happy Christmas Eve!

17 and light snow this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 20s with sunny skies. The current snow is somewhat of a surprise as most of the snow was supposed to be south of Interstate 80, about 80 miles south. Less than an inch has fallen and it will be easy to scoop (not enough for the snow blower) but not what I wanted to do today.

All chores accomplished yesterday and even got a (much needed) haircut. Also took the new drone out and managed to get a video from it. Not worth uploading but I am learning how to use it. Nothing on tap for today other cleaning off the sidewalks.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-24-2017

Happy Christmas Eve. Grandgirls and Col due at noon. Col is crawling and pulling up. Will be into things I'm sure. Wifey has fixed the girls up with everything they wanted. Col gets a Remington .243 rifle with scope for his first Christmas. Will be funny to watch the parents open the box. Especially after I say, "Every little boy needs a Daisy Red Ryder BB." Spoil them is the name of the game.

God bless you all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-24-2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS BLUE

I'm looking at green grass but the weather guesser says there will be 4 inches of snow on the ground by this time tomorrow.....GRRrrrrrrrrrrrr
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-24-2017

Smiling like he knows what he got from Grandpa. His first deer rifle. Thumbsup https://pix.sfly.com/S8sMVA

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-25-2017

Merry Christmas, gang!

8 above with a wind chill of 8 below. I didn't think it would happen but I actually have a white Christmas. Got about an inch of snow yesterday. Just enough to cover the ground.

Very quiet day yesterday and another in store for today. All the kids are busy with other parts of the family and I'm quite content to see them living their lives well.

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 12-25-2017

We too have a white Christmas in East Ohio with 20 degrees that to me feels like 60 below. Nothing going on here for the holiday. I have quarantined myself in hopes of staying healthy for knee surgery on Jan 15. More train room today.
I got a wifi module for my dcc so now I can run my trains with my cheap android tracfone or my tablet. It gives me 3 new wireless throttles and if someone with a smart phone show they can download the free train driver app and use their phone. Pretty nifty for sure.
Merry Christmas
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-25-2017

Back from the southern part of the county. Went to Frankie's and Lea's to see what the grandkids got. They opened presents while we were there. Wifey took breakfast casserole [ham, grits and eggs baked]. The Yankee grandparents loved it. Just got back. Have now installed my WeatherTech's in 4 Runner and 97 Silverado.

The other Granddad is also a deer hunter. We had great chats.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - MountainMan - 12-25-2017

Clear and cold. 9 degrees yesterday, only around 30 degrees today. A very quiet Christmas this year.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-26-2017

Greetings, gang.

Clear and clod this morning. -3 right now headed for maybe +6 later this afternoon. Temps will remain cold this week with the warmest temperature occurring on Thursday when it's supposed to get to a blistering 17. The remainder of the week will be in the single digits above zero for the high and lows as cold as -12. The furnace will be getting a workout this week. Also a 70% chance of snow tomorrow night.

Yesterday was a very quiet day for me. Talked to the kids briefly. The rest of the day was spent watching movies and eating. Oh, and killing a fly!?!? Where does that fly come from that always seems to show up in the kitchen window? Always seems to appear in January but was apparently early this year due to the cold weather.

This morning I need to make a grocery run followed by a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-26-2017

Morning. Slept till 8. Sunny and cold. Weather guessers guessing the rest of the week. Slight chance of snow or maybe nothing. Icon_lol Go to the gro and then Walmart. Later this afternoon, Smithfield NC. Wifey wants to make the run east. Figuring a run east this week to hunt and pay farm property taxes. Charge you a fee to do on line. Wallbang Not true here in Wake Co. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-26-2017

Grandson opening his first deer rifle. Just like he knows what it is.

[Image: enhance]