The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-31-2017

Tom sharing his cold. Thanks Tom. Nope Temps dropping from this AM. Never got above freezing after midnight. Went to Sunday School. Now home for the day. BURR Saw one doe yesterday. Friend Fred going back for one more deer he will probably not see. Crazy. Too cold. Season out after tomorrow.

Stay warm.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-31-2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the fellers here at Blue.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-01-2018

Happy new year to all of you and your families.
It is wonderful sunny morning with 40°. A nice start for the new year.

I gained 1.3 Lb over night (pork and Sauerkraut :o ), my (office) chair broke down and the light switch in my wife's room broke too. Keeps me busy tomorrow Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-01-2018

Good morning all, and a very Happy New Years. Quiet night, a few neighbors with loud fireworks on and off from about 10:00 to after midnight, but not enough to keep us awake long. Right now I'm in the coughing stage of whatever it is that's going around. So much that we skipped the movie last night, I just didn't want to annoy anyone, even though I'm past the "infectious" stage. So, early to bed as usual and we watched "Kung Fu Panda" instead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-01-2018

Happy New Year, gang.

Clear and -21 this morning with a wind chill of -35. High for today is supposed to be about -5.

Quiet day yesterday. Had to clean off about an inch of snow and the rest of the day was spent indoors. Got the laundry caught up, played video games, and watched tv. In bed before 11:30. Only plan for today is to update my GPS.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-01-2018

Morning all. Was 13 when I got up. Went to 18 and now back to 17. 29 to be high. Friend Fred is at farm deer hunting. Desperate to kill another deer. Needs head examined. :o
Going to stay in as much as possible.
Stay warm as possible.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-02-2018

Good morning all, I hope your New Years activities went as planned and that your teams all won their bowl games. I did watch a bit of of few of them, mostly the Rose Bowl, but I have no vested interest in any of the teams, win or lose. We did watch the Rose Bowl Parade too, I'm still in the throws of "whatever it is that's going around", it's been over a week and I still feel sneezy, coughy and drained of energy.

Temps here are just fine, mid-70's all week, with some remote chance of rain for this weekend. Statistics say that 2017 was the warmest year on record, an average of 77+ degrees. The hottest day of the year was 119 on June 20, but that didn't break the record of 122 for that day.... As for rain, we got just under 5", down over 3" for the normal. Yeah, we just don't get a lot of rain, and when we do, it come in torrents, well, they call it the monsoon season for a reason, just that this past year, the monsoons were a bust... Maybe we can make it up this year. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-02-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and -20, up from an overnight low of -22. Wind chill is -34. High for today is supposed to be +11.

Very quiet day yesterday. Only major project was watering the plants. Started with 27 when My fair Lady passed in 2015. Down to 22 now. On tap for today is bereavement group at 10 followed by some errand running.

All stay safe (and warm).

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-02-2018

Was 11 when I left early this AM for interviewing folks for a County position heading food security. Came to town at 1:30. Late lunch and then meetings at town hall. Back tonight in the cold for town board. Back to do more interviews tomorrow AM trough afternoon.
Stay warm. 24 degrees now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-02-2018

A new chair is bought, the light switch is fixed and most of the gained weight is lost again.

We are expecting storm for tomorrow late morning. About Bft 9/70 mph gusts. I went shopping today to stay at home while the storm is in effect. Lots of nasty things might fly around in the air. But it is quite warm, up to 50° and a lot of showers. Simply bad weather.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-03-2018

Hello Blue
Cold High for the next 3 days is about 8 degrees.
I don't remember such a long cold spell without a break.
Another funeral home visit tomorrow. Wow a lot of them in a short time.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-03-2018

Goodnight all. 24 degrees and snowing.

This was about 2 hours ago. Icy snow then and now big flakes. A little over 2 inches on the roads and streets. Will snow for a few hours more.

[Image: enhance]

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-04-2018

Good morning, no snow here. Well, I'm not sure since it's been years since I saw snow and maybe don't recognize it now. 357 357

Yeah, temps still in the mid to low 70's, rain now moved from this weekend to Tuesday, possibly that is.... They say that the lack of snow up around Flagstaff has made an impact on their winter trade. They still have skiing up in the snow bowl, just that most of it is man-made, and some of the lifts aren't active because if it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-04-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and zero in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 6 with another annoying inch of snow.

Quiet day yesterday. Not much planned for today. Need to make a run to the bank, pay some drive-by bills, and top off the gas tank. Headed out of town for the weekend. Grandson has a hockey tournament less than three hours away. May not check in much over the weekend.

Frank - looks like that garage needs a little housekeeping.

Prayers for all those in the path of the latest east coast storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-04-2018

Wifey will not clean out her side and store fall décor and old Christmas. If hadn't been so cold this weekend and week, would have done. Some to throw away. Mostly at the entrance. Inside cleaner. Notice I keep my side open.

Cranked my snow blower this AM. Broom worked real good as MAYBE an inch.

Going to Town Hall soon. Yes, open as it should be.