The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-05-2018

Good morning all, you folks back east need some serious help, way more snow and cold than you deserve, unless you like that sort of thing. Us, well, we're living here for a reason, high temps yesterday hit 79, 80 in a few places, and just a real pleasant forecast coming up. Some much needed rain for next week, but otherwise, temps still in the 70's. Got to remember, we're weeks away from baseball Spring Training, a big deal for a lot of people, and this is why they're come here, baseball and shirtsleeve weather... Remember too, they scatter about April when the thermometer keeps on going up well past 100....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-05-2018

Morning all. 21 degrees and sunny. High suppose to be 29. :o Hope all up north are safe and warm. Rough up north of us. Midwest getting some bad temps too. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-05-2018

Hello Blue
Sun but temp is zero w/a wind chill of -20.
No new snow here but it's so cold what we got about a week ago is still on the ground. Even with full sun.
A club friend opened 2 new Lionel engines, both needed some work right out of the box. Their QC just does not exist.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-06-2018

Good morning all. Bad stuff happening back east, (remember, when I say, "back east", that usually means everything east of the Mississippi River, but could even include New Mexico and Texas, our eastern neighbors), wind chills down as low as -25, unheard of and record lows in many areas. I see on the news where there is flooding, ice cold water running into people's homes. I sympathize, no one deserves this kind of weather. I wish them the best, but I hear that today is going to be even colder.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-06-2018

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning all. 21 degrees and sunny. High suppose to be 29. :o Hope all up north are safe and warm. Rough up north of us. Midwest getting some bad temps too. Have a good one.

Hope you're enjoying all this weather we're sending your way. Big Grin

It's C-C-C-COLD Here!!!!! 3 layers of clothing and a thick leather jacket and I'm still cold!

Supposed to calm down tomorrow with a high of 19, warmest it's been in a week Eek Eek
Supposed to be in the 30's and 40's mid to end of next week. Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-07-2018

Morning. Was 6 degrees at house at 7 AM. RDU reported 4. Cold is cold. Stay warm all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-08-2018

Morning. 35 degrees and climbing. 2285_ Broken Tom's spell of cold. BTW: Tom where are you? Traveling?

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-08-2018

Good morning everyone, the start of a wet week for us, supposedly... Small chance (10%) of rain today, but every time I see the TV weather report, the likelihood or rain tomorrow increases. It started at 10%, then increased to 20, 30, 40.... and now it's up to 90%. Big deal since they always leave a large amount of wiggle room in their forecasts... I also see the back east weather is going from sub-zero ice and snow, to some 10 degrees above average, whatever that is. I'm glad for them but then still have all that water to deal with.

Still on the tail end of "whatever it is that's going around". Whatever it is stays with you, that's for sure.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-09-2018

Greetings, gang.

It's a cloudy 37 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning,. High for today is supposed to be about 43. One more nice day tomorrow and then winter moves back in with a vengeance. Rain, freezing rain, sleet, snow wind and more cold temperatures are predicted for Wed. night and Thursday.

Had a very good weekend. Went to northwest Iowa for the weekend. Grandson had a hockey tournament. Won both games - 7-0 and 9-4. Best part was that since it was so close a number of my daighter's high school friends were able to make the trip. Had a pot luck dinner Sat. evening at their motel. A good time was had by all.

Today I have another pot luck with my monthly bereavement group at noon. No other plans other than mountains of laundry after a long weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-09-2018

Good morning all, a bit chilly this morning, heavy cloud cover, but not rain yet. Suppose to happen sometime around 6:00 tonight.

Recovered enough from the crud to go back to working on some shelving in the garage. Still got lots of boxes that need storage space plus I need someplace to put my smaller tools. Don't think I'll ever go back to doing the kind of woodworking that I used to do, but I still have enough tools to do a bit, like building a base for a new layout if I ever get to that point....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-10-2018

I have a funny story about iPhones....

I enables a new "do not disturb" functions when I am driving some days ago.
My wife and me had a short discussion via iMessages and went into our cars to meet for lunch yesterday. The last iMessage from my wife arrived a little late and my "do not disturb" function sent her an automatic iMessage not to disturb because I am driving. That iMessage arrived my wife while she was already driving.
She pulled over in heavy traffic just to read that I am driving and do not want to be disturbed..... she was so nice to me when we met for lunch five minutes later :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-10-2018

Good morning, a little bit chilly here, and a lot wet. Finally, after about four months of dry spell, we got a decent rain as forecast. Started around 8:00 last night and it must have rained through early this morning. We really needed that. A nice rain for the start of our winter rainy season (just a few weeks)...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-10-2018

Hello Blue
Just checking in.
We have had some snow thaw but still plenty on the ground. Of course it's more like sleet crystals now, just looks like snow.
Busy train weekend coming up. Club meet on Sat. night and the areas largest train show on Sunday.
WE will set up the modular layout ahead of time so it will be running by show time.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-11-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cold, windy and light snow outside my window this morning. Right now it's 16 headed for a high of 6. The thermometer is supposed to slide for the rest of the day. Winter storm watch is posted and the NWS has no idea what's going to happen. In one place on their site we're supposed to get 4-6 inches. In another spot we're only supposed to get 1-2 inches. In any event the wind is supposed to pick up and the temp will drop, reaching about -6 by this time tomorrow.

In other news, there is no other news. I plan to stay indoors today other than a quick trip through the car wash.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-11-2018

Good morning all, not much news from here either. Temps in the high 60's for today, back up into the 70's after that.