The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-11-2018

Hello Blue
50s today a high of 20 by Saturday.
After 12 days of very cold weather we have restocked the pantry.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-12-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cold and sunny this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Currently it's -9. High for today is supposed to be about +6.

The snow blower made short work of the 2 inches of snow we received yesterday. Next snowfall is predicted to be Sunday evening. Only plan for today is a trip to the gym later this morning.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-12-2018

Good morning all, warmup here in progress, temps into the upper 70's. The rain down here brought snow to the high country, the Snow Bowl near Flagstaff got 14" the other day, the first of the season. Up to now they've relied on man-made snow to keep partially open for skiing.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-12-2018

We started the day with almost all the snow melted away. About noon it started to drop some form of frozen water and the streets and sidewalks were covered again with 3" by suppertime.
We had an opera showing tonight (Pearl Fishers) and had nearly a full house.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-14-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 10 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 20 with some light snow tonight. Then the thermometer heads north again, with lows for the next few days well below zero and highs in the single digits above zero. A warming trend starts Wed.

Quiet weekend around here. In the process of replacing the basket strainers in the kitchen sink. When I put the new white sink in last summer I thought the white strainers would look nice and they did. Unfortunately the paint is already peeling from one so I'm replacing them, one at a time. Today should see the end of that project.

In other news, I hate my son. He got me hooked on Downtown Abbey. So far I have binge watched the first two seasons. More of that on tap for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-14-2018

Tom, great series. Then do Poldark. There are a few others. If you have Netflix, Longmire. A sheriff in Wyoming. Loved it.

Been busy week here. Busy today. Cold again after 70 Friday.

Hope all are OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-15-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy, and cold at -3 this morning and it's not going to get any better. Got over 3 inches of "less than an inch" of snow yesterday. It was very light so the snow blower didn't have to work very hard to get rid of it. The snow plow has been past the front of the house so I can clean that off. I'll wait until he does the side street also because I want to spend a minimum time outside today.

My oldest granddaughter's tribute to my late wife:

[Image: image1.jpeg]

She got this done on Saturday. It took 6 and a half hours.

All stay safe.

Tom

Not sure why it's showing up sideways. Everywhere else it's at the correct orientation.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-15-2018

Morning. Cold but warming. May get some "Tom" Tuesday night and Wednesday. Not suppose to amount to much.

She did a great job Tom.

Stay warm.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-15-2018

Very nice Tom

We had 22 degrees and lite snow floating around all day.
Weekend was busy with our club meet and the modular layout at a train show.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-16-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and some light flurries this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's -5 headed for +6. Warm-up starts tomorrow with 40 by Friday (or so they claim).

Quiet day yesterday. Finished up the kitchen sink and cleaned out the dungeon under the sink. It's amazing what can collect under there. On tap for today is laundry, watering the plants, and a trip to the gym.

Looks like I will have another (somewhat unpleasant) trip soon. My lady friend's brother-in-law is dying of prostate cancer. Doctors say a week or two. I met him along with a number of my lady friends other relatives last weekend while I was there. Some very nice people. Lots of good natured ribbing and interesting conversation.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - MountainMan - 01-16-2018

2 degrees this AM, followed by a balmy 50 until the sun goes down, at which time so does everything else in this part of Colorado. Got to go out, though - time to vote in our town (pop. 500) election, hotly contested since it also contains a recall of some current office holders.

Otherwise getting my train room into shape so I can begin at last. Too many remodeling projects to be completed to get to it yet in any serious way. In my next life, I want a basement!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-17-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and +1 after an overnight low of -8. Warming trend starts today through Sunday but then another storm hits with rain, sleet, ice, and snow. Not looking forward to Sunday and Monday.

Got the laundry all caught up, plants watered, and a good workout at the gym. This morning I need to make a grocery run followed by swimming at the gym. No plans yet for this afternoon but I'm sure something will arise.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-17-2018

Morning. Had a 36 hour bug or bad food at a restaurant Monday night. 95% better now. Tummy mussels sore from throwing up Monday night into Tuesday morning. Hope all are OK here.

Snowing now. Schools closed everywhere. West covered. We should get inches.

Tom, considering, you have the life. Wow. Enjoy.

All stay warm.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-18-2018

Morning. 17 degrees with about 10" of Tom's white stuff. Fun!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-18-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 21 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed o be in the upper 30s with 45 predicted for tomorrow. Frank, I'll be sending the warm weather your way to help get rid of the snow. That's a lot of snow anywhere, let alone an area not known for snow.

Very quiet day yesterday. Very little accomplished other than a grocery run. Today I'm going to the gym (I skipped yesterday) and this evening is my weekly bereavement group. It was canceled last week due to bad weather. Actually, it has moved away from being a "bereavement group" and is just a bunch of guys who get together for a weekly bull session.

All stay safe.

Tom