The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-18-2018

Good morning all. Nice day yesterday, but destined to be a bit chillier as we get to the weekend. Suppose to drop 10 degrees into the 60's with a chance of rain on Saturday. I hope so, rain is always welcome. Right now things are busy around town with some half-dozen major car auctions. Millions of dollars change hands and lots of celebrities show up to buy or sell vehicles.

Tom, reminds me of a restaurant we used to go to for breakfast. One Thursday we went by and couldn't find a parking space. The next time we went we asked about that and we were told that the ROMEO group would meet in the back on Thursdays. I had to look it up, but, ROMEO = Retired Old Men Eating Out. I guess there are a number of these groups around....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-18-2018

Sun and 32 today.
No new snow but still have a couple inches covering the ground.
It should be gone by the weekend. I'll get to see the grass and then it will snow again.
Haven't done much since the busy weekend, TV sucks, I watch more older shows than anything else.
None of you ever mention York but our reservations have been made.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-19-2018

Morning. 27 degrees. Thawed a lot yesterday. More today. Got to go to Raleigh at 1. Interview panel for County Food Security Coordinator. Final and selection. Can't miss this. DAZ, several of those "breakfast club" things. One of the guys on rifle forum in CA has that too. We have the Hardees, BoJangles, and McDonald's breakfast clubs here. The different retired seniors meet there. Seems all three don't want to meet with each other. Icon_lol

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-19-2018

Popcornbeer , gang.

It's National Popcorn Day!

Cloudy and 28 this morning with a predicted high in the mid 40s. Upper 30s for tomorrow. Then the rain, sleet, drizzle, freezing drizzle, and snow start Sunday AM through Monday evening.

Made it to the gym yesterday morning. Then in the afternoon I got the kitchen floor cleaned. After shooting my mouth off yesterday about my group turning into more of a ROMEO club last night's group was very clearly about bereavement. One of the guys has been severely depressed, wondering why he is even still here. My heart breaks for him. I told him that I am still here mainly for my family and also to learn a new life. I don't ever want to stop learning, whether it be a new life or a new technology or a new way to ride a bike or what ever. Tough night last night.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-19-2018

Good morning all, a bit chilly today, rain and temps in the 60's forecast for tomorrow.

You all have a great weekend in spite of the weather wherever you are.... Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-20-2018

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 24 this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 40s with lots of sunshine. Most of the snow is gone in preparation for the next round of snow starting tomorrow.

Quiet day yesterday. No big plans for today either.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-20-2018

Hello Blue
35/45 today.
Snow is not all gone but it will be soon.
A quiet Saturday so far.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-20-2018

NC weather, most snow gone. Not even going to be freezing tonight. 60's and one day of rain next week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-20-2018

Today, cold in the 50's, windy, cloudy and so far, the only rain we saw was a slight sprinkle on the way to the Post Office.... or maybe it was just a flock of birds passing over us. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-21-2018

Now hear this. This is for Tom. 59 degrees and sunny. Thumbsup Beautiful day. Wifey's cold a little better. Mine the same [not really bad].

Hope all have a great week ahead and stay well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-21-2018

Geeze Frank, we're just about the same here, snowing up in the high country and so it gets a bit chilly down here when it does. Not suppose to get too much over 60 today and tomorrow, then back into the 70's again. We did get a bit of moisture overnight. I say moisture because it doesn't look like enough fell to measure, just got the van all pockmarked with dirt spots.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-22-2018

Greetings, gang.

35 and heavy mist/light rain this morning. 1-2" of snow by this time tomorrow. NW Iowa expecting over a foot of snow and 40+ mph winds. Bad part about all this is with temps so close to freezing it will be a heavy wet snow making it more difficult to remove. Snows like this are more common in March than January.

Been a quiet couple of days around here. On ta for today is a trip to the gym this morning. No plans yet for this afternoon.

Frank - glad to see you got the warm weather I sent you.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-22-2018

59 degrees and sunny. Mid 60's again today. Tom, the heavy wet snow is want we usually get in NC. Ground is above freezing until it comes down so heavy it sticks. So, you have a layer of ice with now on top. Yankees take of and say we can drive in this. Yes they can all the way to the ditches. First now we had was like yours. ground had been frozen for a few days. Light and could blow it with a leaf blower. I experienced that when I was in Post Falls Idaho one Jan. Still under the weather but not real bad.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-22-2018

Good morning all, a bit chilly out right now, tops will still be in the low to mid 60's for the next few days, a good five degrees below average, then back into the 70's after that.

One of our Representatives in Congress resigned a few weeks ago amid the current scandals plaguing the entertainment industry and government (little difference there). We must have 200 people running to replace him since just about everyone of them has called using a robo dialer. That is along with the normal slew of calls from Microsoft tech support wanting to "fix" my computer and, oh yeah, Publisher Clearing House called yesterday to tell me I won some cash and a new car. Why they'd bother to call me all the way from India is beyond me, but I did need to boost my tax bracket with those winnings, so I hung up. Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-23-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, very windy and 23 degrees this morning. Wind is 20 gusting to 30 mph making for some nasty wind chills. Predicted high for today is 28. Today will be the coldest day of the week. Remainder of the week has predicted highs above freezing, including a high on Friday in the mid 40s.

If the roads in NW Iowa improve later today I will be heading to lady firend's place. Her brother-in-law passed away and the funeral is tomorrow. Her area got about a foot of snow with 30-40 mph winds. Roads are a little iffy at the moment but should be cleared by later this afternoon. Back home again on Thursday.

All stay safe.

Tom