The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-29-2018

Good morning everyone, and a good start to a new week for us all, I sure hope.... It will be for those playing and attending the Phoenix Open golf, temps through next week are in the high 70's to mid 80's and no rain in the forecast, just sunny days.... One thing that I've wondered about is that the final round of the Phoenix Open always falls on the same day that they play the Super Bowel. Even when the Super bowel was played here, they refused to change the schedule. Well, I think the last time, they moved it by one day, still, why not the week before, or the week after? How do they schedule these games anyway? Is there some astrological reason,like the moon phase or star alignment? Don't know, don't really care, just curious... :wait:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-30-2018

Morning. 38 degrees and sunny. Rain finally left. Well over 2". Was chilly and fair when I went to bed around 11. Woke up and a light dusting of snow on some surfaces. What a surprise.

HVAC company sent a guy to replace old humidifier. That was a zoo. Ended up telling him how to wire. Finally company sent two guys to help. Poor guy was out of his league.

Errands and then big meeting on candidates for Town Manager this evening.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-30-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 19 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Temperature and wind speed will be having a race this afternoon to see which will be higher. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 30s and so is the wind.

Quiet day yesterday. Absolutely nothing accomplished. Got up this morning and tried to turn up the thermostat. Giant zap of static electricity and there goes the thermostat. Called the furnace company and the guy put in a new thermostat. House was down to 53 degrees by the time he was done.

No major plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-30-2018

Hello Blue
Just checking in.
We had about 3 inches of snow yesterday.
No more expected,,,yet.
We are between monthly meets so no train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-31-2018

The main rework of our condo will enter it's final stage today. The carpenter will be here at 11am for a first planning session of my room that had been excluded last year. He will also coordinate the other subcontractors. All the stuff must be packed and temporary stored, dismantlement of the layout, some electric changes, new wall papers, painting, installation of new layout benchwork and move in off all the stuff.
"Electric changes" sounds nice to American home owners but making slots in red bricks under plaster is a big mess. I did also never plan for packing all my railroad stuff. Most locomotives and cars are stored in boxes only to be moved carefully within the room. I am not sure what to do with the furniture. It is not pretty but it provides the best storage I can think of. Let's see if he has something new I did not think off.
And last not least I want to minimize the time of a) no layout at all and b) no operational layout.

The benchwork will follow a design from Alcanman. He published a great idea in FB for people like me with constant changing layouts. Basically a solid framework with easy to remove board sections on top. The base layout will not be changed. A staging yard without scenery at the north wall, the scenic part (about 4m * .5m) at the south wall and small connections with hatches at the east (door) and west (balcony and window) side.

Summary: a lot of mess and no Freelance 2018-1 soon Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-31-2018

Good morning all, here we are at "hump day" already and the last day of January. Sheesh, it's like Christmas was just a few days ago. But, just to get back to reality, I did see a display of Easter candy in the store the other day, even though we still have two weeks before Valentine's Day... 35

We did tie the record of 83 the other day, and came close yesterday. This kind of weather should make all those snowbirds feel like they're getting their money's worth by coming here, plus all those that show up for those car auctions, the Phoenix Open and in a few weeks, Spring Training. I see people standing around the sidewalks outside the practice fields. That's normal when the teams are practicing, but I don't see anyone on the practice fields, so I'm wondering if these people are just practicing themselves for when the teams do get here. Crazy Yes, you can see a lot from the sidewalks since they are a bit higher than those fields, so it's the equivalent of Sluggo (cartoon character) watching the game through a knothole. Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-31-2018

Cold good morning. Get to the middle 40's later today. 60's tomorrow. Crazy. Nothing on the agenda. May visit the high sheriff. Train Box work probably. Cooked sausage biscuits this AM.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-31-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 30 headed for sunny and 41. Turning colder again by tomorrow with the low Saturday morning of 2. Like Frank I've had lots of up and down weather this winter. Every time it gets warm I keep hoping for an early spring but then I remember it's still January.

Nothing accomplished yesterday and today looks to be another total waste.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-01-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 4 this morning headed for a high of 14.

I did manage to salvage yesterday. Went to Ames to return some slacks (the closest Penney's is now an hour away). Hunted for some new dress shoes. Found some but of course they didn't have my size and the only pair they had was on a closeout rack. Got the info from a helpful clerk and ordered them on line. Should be here early next week.

Plans for today include laundry and house cleaning. Lady friend is coming to visit for the weekend to meet some of my family and friends.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-01-2018

Good morning all, another nice day in store, weather-wise that is. We broke or tied a few records for January with five days straight in the 80's, forecast calls for a high of 85 by next Wednesday. Why is "Wednesday" so hard to spell? It's not how it's usually pronounced (Wensday), and I spell it wrong probably 95% of the time. "February" is another one I have trouble spelling, the "rua" gets me every time.....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-02-2018

Greetings, gang.

-1 this morning headed for +18 this afternoon. Some light snow forecast for tomorrow.

Got laundry done, groceries bought, and egg salad made. Was planning to have lady friend visit this weekend to meet some friends and family. Had to cancel all that this morning. Looks like it's my turn for the flu. So I guess I'll be eating a lot of egg salad sandwiches over the weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-02-2018

Morning. 46 degrees but suppose to drop during the day. Rained during the night. Fast mover. Our official groundhog will see his shadow.

Tom, get well. Lady friend. Thumbsup Way to go. Was about to suggest that the other day. Big Grin

Have a good weekend. Don't eat too many wings Sunday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-02-2018

Our groundhog predicted that we will only get 6 more weeks of winter. The end is in sight!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 02-03-2018

BR60103 Wrote:Our groundhog predicted that we will only get 6 more weeks of winter. The end is in sight!
Our weather forecast predicts one of the six weeks will happen next week in Germany....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-03-2018

Greetings, gang.

28 headed for 39 then dropping overnight with highs in the single digits for tomorrow. 3-5 inches of snow forecast for Monday.

Feeling a little better this morning after yesterday's bout with the flu. No major plans for today other than a quick raid on the grocery store for some milk. All other staples in good supply.

Frank - nice lady friend. My girls have met her and approve. My sons are struggling a little with the idea. Just wish she lived a little closer (about a 3 hour drive).

All stay safe.

Tom