The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-22-2014

nachoman Wrote:Good morning. The weather seems nice outside so I took the day off work to just relax and re-generate. All the negative and violent stuff in the news has me feeling really down. I think I will go out for a french toast breakfast, take a long bike ride, do some layout stuff, and a few things from my "to do" list. All things I have not done for a very long time.

Head down to "Matt's Big Breakfast" downtown, I think the end of the line should be just a few blocks from your place. 357 Frankly, I cannot see waiting outside in line for two hours just to get a decent breakfast, but apparently a lot of people think that it's OK.

You are right, it is a nice day, a bit sticky with the temp, humidity and dew points all in the 70's, but the Weather Channel says no rain today..... Oh, the TV gal says there will be so I'm not sure who to put my money on............. Nope it feels a lot like it could rain, but the sky is clear.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-22-2014

Hot and humid. Horrible outside. Passing through from haircut. Back to Daughter's to babysit. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 08-22-2014

Ezdays - I think I heard about that place. Too bad I am anti-line Smile I think I get that from my parents. They claim nothing is worth the hype, and you can have just as good of a meal and just as good of a time and spend less money and waste less time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-22-2014

nachoman Wrote:Ezdays - I think I heard about that place. Too bad I am anti-line Smile I think I get that from my parents. They claim nothing is worth the hype, and you can have just as good of a meal and just as good of a time and spend less money and waste less time.

I've never been there, the same goes for that pizza place around in the same area that's won all those awards. Both have long lines outside waiting before they even open. Icon_lol Like you, I'm totally anti-line anywhere for anything. Even if I wasn't, I haven't been anywhere in downtown Phoenix in many, many years and don't plan on going there if I have anything to say about it. Back when I first came here, it was the only place to go to shop or to eat, now I avoid going anywhere near there. I'm sure I wouldn't recognize the place if I did. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-22-2014

At this time it's 91° with 56% humidity. It's cloudy and there's a small chance of rain. No star gazing tonight.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Got the replacement for my Visa card yesterday. The old one had expired. This morning I ordered a replacement for my SNAP card. It should be here in about a week. The magnetic strip on the old one quit working about a year ago. Yesterday I saw my foot doc in Oakdale. He was very happy with the healing progress on both wounds. I apparently had a busy night last night. A drive control card and a memory card (neither worked) were marked as repaired and tested (good) when I got up this morning. I tested both in a working //e and they do work.

[Image: DSCN6753.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-22-2014

Temp: 82°, heat index: 89°, humidity: 76%, too cloudy for any celestial sightings tonight.

Nothing much happened today. Got my dressings changed. My niece and her husband mowed their yard. He took the east half with a MTD Yardman, she took the west half with the big Murray (just a big red MTD with the Murray name on it). Seemed a good way to knock out five acres. The Murray has a habit of backfiring when it's shut down. Those V-twins seem to be bad about it. Sometimes it starts a fire. Today it set fire to the dry grass on the top of the deck. They were ready for it and doused it with water before it could do any damage. Yeah, it wouldn't do that if the grass was kept cleared out of there. Easier said than done. I'm not sticking my hands under there while the engine is running. Too danged hot! I used to have the same problem with my old tractor. I had a pressurized seltzer bottle ready for action when I shut it down. They don't have the problem with the Yardman. It has a one cylinder engine.

Every day my date with the surgeons scalpel gets closer. Can't say that I feel good about it. In fact I'll feel much better when it's over.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012645.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1407.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6638.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-22-2014

I've just been wiring the blocks around my double junction. When testing today, I found that I'd wired everything through the wrong switch machines.
We're off to the Gathering of the Bands in Kinkardine tomorrow. Pipes + big bands + anything local.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-23-2014

Good Morning Blue
Overcast and 80s for the day.
I did a quick cut of the front grass yesterday and a few minor things around the house.
Nothing in my train world though.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-23-2014

Greetings, gang.

It's a cloudy, rainy, and cool morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. The rain has just about stopped after about and inch. Later today it's supposed to clear off and hit close to 90.

RB - good luck on your surgery and prayers for a speedy recovery.

It's been an up and down week for us. We had our regularly scheduled doctor appointment on Tuesday, during which the doctor told us he was stopping the current drug for my wife since it was having no effect. We went back on Wednesday for a different drug. The doctor told us that the drug needed to be approved by the insurance company but since it was "very, very expensive" it had to be approved by some board. We have an appointment for this coming Monday morning. Now, when a doctor says it's "very, very expensive" I don't think I even want to know what the price will be.

In other matters, we had a hail storm recently. The check for the cars has been cashed and we are in the process of getting bids for replacing the roof. Prices range anywhere from $4000 to $10,000. We're waiting for one more quote but I think I have already made my decision.

Nothing much happening in the train room or on the Backyard and Southern. Just not enough time or energy left at the end of the day. Also this is the first year I've missed the annual train show put on for the Beatrice Area Railroad Enthusiasts since 2006.

Sorry to take so much of your time but I just wanted to get everyone caught up.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-23-2014

Good morning. It's 83°, heat index 91°, humidity 82%. High of 95°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

No plans other than enjoying the day. It's gonna be on the hot side outside so I'll be inside most of the day.

[Image: P1191746.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-23-2014

And a good Saturday mornin' to ya all....'tis a fine day it be today (uh, married to an Irish gal does kind of rub off on ya and makes you want to be Irish even though you're not).

The weather has been nice these past few days, thanks to the rain and moisture in the air. Humidity and dew points are all around 70 with temps in the mid-70's. Ripe for rain, but the Weather Channel says none until Monday night and all day Tuesday when there's a really good chance then.

FiatFan Wrote:...Sorry to take so much of your time but I just wanted to get everyone caught up.

Tom
Tom, the Hobo Camp is a place where you can talk on just about anything you want that's going on in your life, and you can spend as much time doing it here as you please. It is always of interest to hear from everyone about what's going on with them, that's what the Hobo Camp is all about. I prattle on about the weather and other things that are happening around my area in hopes that it's of interest to some, but everyone is free to talk about anything that's going on in their day and we're eager to listen. Big Grin

Everyone have a great weekend..... 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 08-23-2014

whow ... arnr't you guys having fun , its weather like yours here in Redcar UK , meanwhile I've just been informed by family doc that the good lady has developed Parkinson's - so i'll have to learn how to help and cope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-23-2014

Aye, and a good Saturday morning it be.
Twin Grandsons, are safely back home in Arizona. They had a fun trip here to Illinois, and back again, pictures on their Mom's blog showed that clearly.
Highspeed installation went perfectly yesterday, I was actually able to post last night from my laptop. As long as I can find a WiFi connection I'll be able to "stay connected". At home, the ole PC is now "quicker than a tax collector's sticky fingers" :o 357 357 357
While waiting for the installer to arrive ( He got here right on time ! :o Wink ) I started building the iron work for the River Sloop.
Eight chainplates built, two of them have the lower deadeyes attached. [[ Each of these assemblies consists of; the chainplate, 4' long ,4"wide, with the top end rolled over to form a tight "loop", one deadeye ( a round block with three holes in a triangular pattern )which, by the way, is only 1/8th" in diameter, the "strap" ( similar to a shackle, with an inside diameter that just fits around the deadeye ), and the pin that holds it all together ]]
Only six more complete assemblies to make. Wink Icon_lol and that is just the beginning of the ironwork.
When the "Sloop" is done, I should probably "adopt an orphan" - - the tour ship - - , and get all the railings cut, fit, and soldered.
Then, two choices: do I build the "Tern"?, or, do I build the Whale ship "Wanderer" Icon_lol Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-23-2014

mr bachmann Wrote:whow ... arnr't you guys having fun , its weather like yours here in Redcar UK , meanwhile I've just been informed by family doc that the good lady has developed Parkinson's - so i'll have to learn how to help and cope

Sorry to hear that. I wish you both the best and the ability to deal with this. In this day and age of modern medicine, there's always hope.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-23-2014

Passing through again. No time to read. Hot, humid and rainy. Dog at Daughters still has sick tummy. Not there, I have to clean up behind her. Wallbang Famous Rolesville grill closing today. No more fried chicken gizzards. Nope Spoiled owner of property ran them out [no A/C for two weeks]. Renting to Arabs that are going to do subs. We all in town are going to boycott.

Later