The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-26-2014

ezdays Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:Nothing much going on this evening. Not much chance of doing any star gazing tonight. If you don't have have much to do maybe you can answer a few easy questions for me.

#1 A butcher working in a meat market stands five feet two inches and wears size thirteen shoes. What does he weigh?

#2 How many ridges are on the edge of a US dime?

#3 You're in a foot race. You just passed the runner who was in second place. What place are you in now?

#1-meat
#2-none
#3 second place
You miffed #2. A US dime has 118 ridges on it's edge.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-26-2014

Evening all hope all was good today. Just took it easy today need to get doing some more stuff around the house here. Did see where the local amazon shipping center is looking for help for the christmas season so might put in for that for something to get me active again. Something for a few months would be nice Just to get a few more bills paid and give me some christmas money. Will look into that more tomorrow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-26-2014

Time for me to call it a night. Nice to see my questions are getting some attention. I'll be signing in at the hospital at or before 10:30 tomorrow morning. With any luck I should be back home later in the day.

See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN1157.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1146.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6506.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-27-2014

Running Bear Wrote:You miffed #2. A US dime has 118 ridges on it's edge.

Yup, you're right, :oops: I had two nickles without ridges and I thought that equaled a dime.... 357

Good morning all, well that 60% chance of rain hit us on the 40% side of that. Not a drop all day yesterday, and there was suppose to be a flood watch for most of the day. Nope My desktop Weather Channel app just updated to the newest version. I don't notice any difference, but maybe this one won't crash as much as the others. Last year's version used to crash at least once a day, the last one before this was a lot better, but still crashed every week or two. Maybe I need to shut down my computer and re-boot more often. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-27-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun, cooler but humid.
Another storm yesterday evening, we were spared the worst of it.
Others not so lucky, it left more damage in areas that got hit hard last time.
Forum member Charlie stopped by last night and we ran some trains and had a good talk.
Church picnic today, granny says we are going. LOL I don't care either way.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-27-2014

Jeff good luck with the operation

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-28-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s today, should be in the 80s.
Gonna be another nasty winter.
A few errands this morning, other than that just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-28-2014

Good morning. I was discharged from the hospital around an hour ago. Surgery yesterday went well. But as always Murphy is hanging around to complicate things. Now it looks like I have Cirrhosis of the liver. I'm following my mother right down the line.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-28-2014

Prayers Jeffery hope the best for you.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-28-2014

ezdays Wrote:Maybe I need to shut down my computer and re-boot more often. Icon_lol

Confusedhock: Icon_twisted Icon_twisted UnCommonly Wealthy Edison Gets more than enough of my money for the electricity that I actively use.
I don't leave ANYTHING powered up, unless it is absolutely essential (( like the sump pumps in the basement, the refrigerator, and a couple of digital clocks )). As a result, my computer gets "re-booted" several times a day. 357 357 Cheers Cheers 2285_ - - - - and that will be less now that I can access the internet with the laptop. The only time THAT draws power is when its batteries are being recharged.
Cheers Please, Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Tongue Common Wealth Edison Tongue Icon_twisted Icon_twisted go take a LONG walk, on a Wink short Wink pier Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Tongue Tongue

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-28-2014

Good morning all, yes it is still morning here, but not by much.

Running Bear Wrote:Good morning. I was discharged from the hospital around an hour ago. Surgery yesterday went well. But as always Murphy is hanging around to complicate things. Now it looks like I have Cirrhosis of the liver. I'm following my mother right down the line.

Jeffery, glad the surgery went well for you, but it seems like a never ending battle just to keep up with the things that do happen. Take care, and get well....

Sumpter250 Wrote:I don't leave ANYTHING powered up, unless it is absolutely essential ...
Yeah Pete, there are so many "vampire" electronic gadgets sucking the life out of the power grid, that I guess keeping the computer on 24/7 isn't the smartest thing to do. But when a computer takes what seems like hours to boot up, losing a bit of power seems like the better option. Some things we have little control over such as the TV sets, DVD players, cable boxes and satellite systems, microwaves and even our bed has a controller just waiting for us to give it a command to raise or lower the head or foot. Hard to get rid of all these, and you're right, they do add up. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - MichRR714 - 08-28-2014

Jeff glad the surgery went well but sorry to hear about the liver. Hope its something that can be addressed for you.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-28-2014

I just can't catch a break. The doc says it may not be anything to worry about. He's seen patients with similar liver issues that developed antibodies against whatever was causing the damage. I've never had any liver disease. The only contact I ever had with hepatitis was from my mother. She had contracted hepatitis C many years before I was born. I've never tested positive for it so I never thought about it. I'll see what the doc has to say when the biopsy comes back.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-28-2014

Jeff glad your operation was successful. Hope the liver problem is something they can fix.

Our 2 TVs and related items are on power strips. We shut them off every night and don't turn them on till we want them each day. Same with the laptop.
I turn the laptop off if I don't expect to use it for several hours but the TV power strips once on stay on till bed time.
S.J.

sir james Wrote:Our 2 TVs and related items are on power strips. We shut them off every night and don't turn them on till we want them each day. Same with the laptop.
I turn the laptop off if I don't expect to use it for several hours but the TV power strips once on stay on till bed time.
S.J.
I'm all for surge protectors. The bigger the better. They're well worth the money. My trailer is on a whole house system and all the computer equipment I have hooked up is on surge protectors with unlimited capacity. I have them tested after a strike just to be safe. When I had my old RV set up here it took a direct hit on the meter base. Blew out everything! Since then surge protectors have been on the 'MUST HAVE' list. Even my water heater has one. My trailer is set up more or less like a Faraday cage. If you don't know what that is it's worth your time to look up. I trained under a professional electrician to learn what I know and what I know is that I don't know enough. However, my trailer has taken several direct hits since 1995 and I haven't lost anything except part of my hearing.