The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-29-2014

ezdays Wrote:People, People, what's happening to patriotism? We hear more and more where the HOA or property management won't allow people to fly an American flag and fine them when they won't take them down. At what point did patriotism become an issue? I remember when I was in school, there was a flag in every classroom and we said the Lord's Prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance every morning before classes started. No one was forced to do this, but everyone did, and we weren't traumatized because of it. Why the push to do away with all these symbols of our support for our country?

Thank you volunteers in all the Sun Cities that take every opportunity to show their respect for the American flag and for what it stands for...... Worship Worship

Thats why I will not ever live where there is a HOA involved I don't know why people would agree to pay someone to tell you what you can and can not do. When the first guy started this he saw what a racket it was I bet you after paying every thing the HOA clears at least 35% profit each year if not 50% of what it takes in. Funny this is the second place I have been today that was talking about HOA and there BS

Evening all hope all have a good 3 day weekend.

Just a quick stop by to say hi.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-30-2014

Good morning all. Ahh, Labor Day weekend, the last chance for us desert dwellers to head for the high country. Temps here are back up to above normal. We're looking for 110 today, but yes, humidity will be back into the 10% range and so we're looking at one of those "dry heat" days. Still, hot is hot regardless.

rtraincollector Wrote:Thats why I will not ever live where there is a HOA involved I don't know why people would agree to pay someone to tell you what you can and can not do. When the first guy started this he saw what a racket it was I bet you after paying every thing the HOA clears at least 35% profit each year if not 50% of what it takes in. Funny this is the second place I have been today that was talking about HOA and there BS

Yup, we had one homeowner in another part of our valley tried to get details of his HOA's expenses. When he finally did, he found receipts for dinners at restaurants, purchases at home improvement stores, diapers and other personal items. The entire board was recalled, and he is now suing the old board. In my opinion, they should be arrested for fraud and theft.

As far as the flag thing goes, I not only blame those HOA's, but those running the schools. They've gone nuts with how they keep kids from being kids, and how they disregard the values that this country was built on. Enough said for now.....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-30-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and low 80s expected.
Of course we also have PM storms in the forecast.
Well at least 2 of the 3 day holiday will be with family gatherings.
It doesn't seem fair that September is just one step away.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-30-2014

sir james Wrote:It doesn't seem fair that September is just one step away. S.J.

Big Grin Wink Two steps - - - it isn't September 'till Monday. :oops: Wink I've simply reached the age where I don't "wish away" any, days.
It's overcast and a bit "drippy" here in Vernon Hills. Haven't heard any thunder, yet :o

I printed and framed this shot of the tops'l Schooner "Pride of Baltimore" ( left, foreground ) and the Three mast schooner "Alliance" ( right, background ) " Beating to windward ", and hung it right above my 'puter, so's I can see it as I sit here. - -     - - Aarrrrr "If sailor tales, to sailor tunes, storm and adventure, heat and cold......." I do miss the Salt Water, and the "dance, of a ship in a wind tossed sea".

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-30-2014

Hurrah September is all but here hopefully in a few weeks the humidity will be down for a while ( like February lol ) Morning all not much planned for today waiting for mail man to run so I can ship a package out. Nothing actually planned for today stepped out side about 1/2 hour ago already humid and hot. So sounds like a inside day.
Hope all have a good week end will stop by a little later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-30-2014

Funny. Posted a good morning earlier. It AIN'T here. ??? Well, hot and humid. Not as hot as the desert dwellers. Got chores to do. Then take Wifey on a shopping round [she is on a plant one now with her buddy]. Hope all have a safe and happy holiday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-30-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Funny. Posted a good morning earlier. It AIN'T here. ??? Well, hot and humid. Not as hot as the desert dwellers. Got chores to do. Then take Wifey on a shopping round [she is on a plant one now with her buddy]. Hope all have a safe and happy holiday.

One thing you have to watch out for is that if someone posts something while you're in the middle of writing yours, when you hit, "submit", it will tell you that someone just posted something and shows you the message(s) that have just been posted to give you a chance to perhaps modify your post first. You can change what you said, or just hit "submit" again. I've been caught in this more than once, :oops: and it's especially frustrating if you have a long-winded post or forgot what you just said. Curse Once in a while this "feature" is handy, but we'd get rid of it if we could because it is more annoying than not.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-30-2014

Good afternoon. It's 74° with 100% humidity and rain. Moderate to heavy rains are falling across southeast Texas and southern Louisiana this morning. Storms are moving to the north northeast. Expected to see two inches most locations.
[Image: cond006.gif] with [Image: cond100.jpg]

Running a bit late today as my schedule is off due to my recent surgery. My normal schedule will resume Monday. I have no plans for today so it looks like I'll be watching TV, playing computer games and listening to the rain hitting the roof.

[Image: Image7.jpg]

[Image: Image17.jpg]

[Image: Image10-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-30-2014

Got this on the Weather Alert:

Flash flood watch until midnight CDT tonight

* Average total rain amounts of two inches will be possible through this evening...with isolated amounts up to four inches possible.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A flash flood watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding.

You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued.

Last major flash flood we had here was around Christmas in 1986. Flood waters were twelve feet deep. Six inches more and there would have been water in my parents house. To get to me here it would have to be MUCH deeper, say about thirty feet and I just can't see that happening.

Good evening. Only a few sporadic showers today. No computer games but I watched a ton of TV. Also did a little work on a couple of locos. One of my remotored Varney F3's and a little Lima CN 0-4-0. Earlier today radar showed a massive storm system coming off the gulf and heading in our direction. When I looked at it just now it seems to have dissipated. However Weatherbug is still warning of a 50% chance for tonight and tomorrow. Needless to say scanning the sky with the telescope would be a waste of time.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: Image2-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6795.jpg]

[Image: P1012058.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-30-2014

RB, stay dry.

All sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-31-2014

Good morning all. We will stay dry here Chief, yesterday it was 111° with 8% humidity. Now we're talking "dry heat"... :o

Just a reminder, tomorrow is not only Labor Day here in the states, but it's also the last day of the current structure challenge. Anyone in the challenge that hasn't finished you should get us some pics of where you are, and do it no later than midnight PDT tomorrow. We will list everyone that has entered the challenge and has done something, finished or not, we'll give everyone the recognition they deserve. We'll leave it up to the voters to decide.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-31-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy humid sky, low 80s expected for today.
A cookout yesterday, another today, no plans for Monday yet.
No train news.
Have a safe Holiday weekend.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-31-2014

Good morning. It's 75° with 100% humidity. The high will be 88°. Cloudy with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

Looks like it's gonna be a typical slow Sunday here. I have no plans.

I'm getting to where I can better. Last week I couldn't take a deep breath without experiencing sharp pain. My food tolerance is much better than I thought it would be. However beans are off the list for now.Haven't tried fries or potato chips yet. I'm sure my father will see to that. Today's list of things to try includes olives.

[Image: Image7.jpg]

[Image: Image21.jpg]

[Image: IMAGE66.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-31-2014

Morning all. Partly cloudy. Hot and humid. Daz, 90's and about the same humidity. Now that is wet heat [sauna]. All be safe.