The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-04-2014

RB, That I think is great news about your liver function. My son-in-law died 2 years ago from cirrhosis. He was very heavy, and also drank a lot.
I am glad you are going to photograph everything related to the veterans. My home town tore the World War II memorial down, and the one n this town is long gone too. I remember them both, but have no pictures. My dad and many relatives were on the hometown memorial. It is a real shame no one cares any more.
I hope you continue to get better and are able to get back to your trains
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-04-2014

Good evening. It's rather nice here. A 20% chance of rain tonight and 40% tomorrow with the high in the low 90's to make it really steamy. It doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for tomorrows photo shoot though.

Tried a new peanut butter today. It's a honey roast blend. Good but real sweet and it has quite an aftertaste. Looking at my calendar I see my next doc appointment is on the 8th.

Today I watched a few Knight Rider episodes then I watched Godzilla reduce Tokyo to rubble and toothpicks.

Tonight my right knee is giving me problems so it looks like I'll have to take my leg off and give my knee a good massage.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN6283.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3436.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3429.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-05-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun with a temp headed for 90.
But expected PM storms will drop our temp into the 70s tomorrow.
Still thinking I might cut back on my daily post here as not that much to tell you.
We have had a number of one day trips and 1 three day trip but no real vacation and the train store has had little news for me.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-05-2014

Good morning. It's 77° with 92% humidity. The high will be 92°, cloudy with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

This morning I'm waiting on my Home Health nurse to call. After she's done her thing I'll head to the Veteran's Plaza in Leesville and set up for my photo shoot. Sure hope the cops don't say anything about shooting in a public park. I'll make sure to take along a copy of 'The Photographers Rights'. It's public property so there shouldn't be a problem. Hope I don't get rained out. If everything goes right I'll have a bunch of photos to add to my albums.

[Image: DSCN3360.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3372.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3224.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-05-2014

Good morning, a nice rain last night, a bit of wind too and they're saying we're in for more into the beginning of next week. We hit 108 yesterday, but we should also be out of the triple digits by Sunday.... for a few days anyway. We spent a bit of time this morning cleaning up our neighbors trash from our yard and street when the wind blew over his recycle bin and he decided it wasn't his trash anymore since it was on our property..... Curse Curse Curse He's been a good neighbor until now... well, if you don't include the pet pig and barking dog in their backyard. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 09-05-2014

Charlie B Wrote:RB, That I think is great news about your liver function. My son-in-law died 2 years ago from cirrhosis. He was very heavy, and also drank a lot.
I am glad you are going to photograph everything related to the veterans. My home town tore the World War II memorial down, and the one n this town is long gone too. I remember them both, but have no pictures. My dad and many relatives were on the hometown memorial. It is a real shame no one cares any more.
I hope you continue to get better and are able to get back to your trains
Charlie

Vietnam gave war a bad name...So all things war-related are frowned upon.

Back in the day when I was just a kid, I sold "Hallmark All-Ocassion" cards door-to-door. On one of the many doors I knocked I met a WW2 vet that had lost both legs and was confined to a wheelchair. He lived alone, with the ocassional visit from a daughter.
I felt quite sorry for him, so I visited with him a couple of times a month. This went on for several months, until one day his daughter answered the door, only to inform me that Butch had passed on...That was a sorry day...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TX_CUMMINS_6BT - 09-05-2014

Hello yall it's been a while since I have been on. Just working lots of hours and working on the layout for me and my lil girl. If I can figure out how to post pics from my phone I will post some pics of the toy I get to play with at work. You all take it easy and have a good day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-05-2014

Went on my photo shoot this afternoon. It was almost too hot out there for me. But I got photos of everything including the POW/MIA monument of which I have no connection to. The photos are uploading at this time. There weren't any problems unless I count the two hayseeds telling what I could and couldn't photograph. I simply told them that if they didn't leave me alone there was going to be ... trouble. The choice was theirs and they made the wise one. Now I'll get some rest and as usual the gun will be just under the pillow.

Here's some photos for the hungry photo appetites out there.

The wall with my fathers name.
[Image: DSCN6824.jpg]

The wall with my name. obviously someone out there is going pipe up that I don't deserve to be on THAT wall. These walls are for the dead AND the living. Prove to me they're not.
[Image: DSCN6826.jpg]

Here's the POW/MIA wall of which I have no connection whatsoever.
[Image: DSCN6833.jpg]

Now that that is out of the way here's some more photos.
[Image: DSCN6831.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6832.jpg]

Before I got to these bricks the weather had become too uncomfortable to stay there much longer. Here are some of the bricks. By this time I was unable to read them anymore.
There's one in particular that I was looking for. It reads something like 'Elbert and Leigh Wimbery, Vietnam veterans.

[Image: DSCN6835.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6841.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6830.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6811.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6836.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6839.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6840.jpg]

More photos tomorrow. I must go back when it's cooler to find my parents brick. It's important to me.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-05-2014

RB, Thanks for posting these pictures. I am curious what the 2 hayseeds were trying to tell you you couldn't photograph. There are very few places you can't photograph, and those are some of the military installations. Fo0r those the pictures are on Google Earth. I know some security guards at mills and power plants that go nuts, I also have heard of a security guard at a power plant getting arrested for harassing a guy taking pictures from public property. The guy was a state policeman.
Charlie

Charlie B Wrote:I am curious what the 2 hayseeds were trying to tell you you couldn't photograph. There are very few places you can't photograph, and those are some of the military installations.
Basically anything that I was facing. They were just looking for trouble and they very nearly found it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-06-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Basically anything that I was facing. They were just looking for trouble and they very nearly found it.
So you were just being polite by calling them hayseeds. Goldth
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-06-2014

Charlie B Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:Basically anything that I was facing. They were just looking for trouble and they very nearly found it.
So you were just being polite by calling them hayseeds. Goldth
Charlie
Calling them anything would have been polite. Having the cops clean them up with squeegees would have been poetic. I might have been fined for littering though.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-06-2014

In most cases photos of government property these days is prohibited.
I never heard of it being prohibited from a memorial on public property.
So why would anyone bother you?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-06-2014

Sir James. There are very few prohibitions of pictures of government property. Lots of police think there are, but that just isn't so. If you are on public property there are very few things off limits, those few may be top secret military bases. Look up the photographers bill of rights. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf">http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf</a><!-- m -->
Charlie