The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-07-2014

[Image: DSCN6810.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6861.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6862.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6859.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6858.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-07-2014

Looks like I'm gonna be staying home a few days. When I went to the Veterans Plaza this afternoon the strap on my wound vac got hung up when I slid off the seat of the truck to the ground. It only got hung up for a second. When it came loose the weight of the vac unit jerked the strap hard and I heard and felt something in my neck give. That hurt a lot. I have a doctor appointment in the morning so I'll get it checked then. It's still bugging me now. It's a dull ache though, not sharp.

Neck is hurting tonight so I'm calling it a night. See y'all sometime tomorrow.

Gotta go see doc Traina in the morning. See if I can get him to find out what's giving me this pain in the neck.

[Image: DSCN6451.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1240.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6865.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-08-2014

And a good morning to you all. A horrendously wet day here for everyone. I guess if they forecast rain enough, one day they actually got it right. Some areas around here have gotten up to 3" in just a few hours. Just about all the freeways here are closed due to flooding. The I-10 to the south of us looks like a river with cars floating around. I guess it's a stay home day, at least that's what they newscasters are recommending. I kind of feel sorry for those trying to build that large Winco store just a few blocks from our house. They've got areas where they've dug out dirt and where they've trenched for some sewer pipes, and for the past few weeks on and off, their site has been flooded because they don't have the drainage in place creating huge lakes and rivers around their job site. We need the rain but this is the worse I've seen in a long time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 09-08-2014

i don't normally post about the weather, but it's been raining nonstop at least since I woke up to use the restroom at 2am. As of 6:30 AM, I've got around 3.5 inches of rain on my rain gauge. That's almost half of our yearly average rainfall, and probably doubles what I have seen so far this year combined. This all thanks to a decaying hurricane in the Pacific Ocean. This happens about once every 10 years, but this is the most rainfall I have seen in the city in this short amount of time in a real long time. It's probably going to break records and cause damage. Interestingly, when I was studying pre-historic climates of this region in school, there was a bit of a conundrum regarding how some dry lakes in the Arizona-New Mexico were full of water a few thousand years ago. One hypothesis proposed that the region could get a lot of rain in a short period of time from a rare hurricane, and if a few of them occurred in consecutive years, the lake would fill and remain full for awhile.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-08-2014

Morning all. No rain yesterday except south and east of us. Well, be careful for what you ask. Raining hard and raining continuously. Down east flooded fields and woods.

Concerned for those in AZ and CA. Big rains bring big problems. Stay safe.

Have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 09-08-2014

Good morning guy's not much rain this morning humid outside in Rockwell, still don't have me a layout yet but I did get a call from a friend of mine he needs a few buildings built I have built just about all the buildings on his layout. So that keeps me close to the hobby plus he pays me a small amount. ok ya'll I'll be around later on have a good one.

Chris,

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 09-08-2014

It is cool but dry for the moment here.

Over-extended my knee at work last night, still a bit sore but no major damage.

Will try to get some modeling and or other train related stuff done today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-08-2014

Good afternoon. It's 86° with 64% humidity. The high will be 92° with an light chance of rain.

Went to see the doc this morning. He says he needs to take a bit of bone out of my foot to get it to close up like they want it to. Surgery is scheduled for Thursday. So this morning I was going from one place to another getting that set up.

The problem with my neck isn't a big one. Just somehow pulled a muscle.

[Image: DSCN1223.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1184.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1181.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-08-2014

Good evening. It's quite warm here. 81 with 62% humidity. At least there's no rain tonight. There's a 20% chance tomorrow.

Tomorrow is another day in the world of doctor appointments. Primary doctor this time. Seems like it never ends. I have no idea what he has in mind now.

Time to call to a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011707.jpg]

[Image: P1010227-22.jpg]

[Image: P1010058.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-08-2014

Daz, you got scuba gear? Folks east of us have had 6 to 9 inches of rain in 24 hours. Been raining here since early morning. About to taper off. No trip down east to farms Wed. Flooded.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 09-09-2014

WOW that's a lot of rain I'm liking the temp's right now mid 60's luv it, no therapy today still have my exercise to do on my own, time for a Pop Tart and my second cup of coffee get this day started I think Jeffery has to see Doctor today hope he get's good word from him hang in there dude. ok hope all ya'll have a good day give me a yell these day's are slow and long I'll be around. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 09-09-2014

German news report severe flooding in Phoenix AZ. Everybody ok in the dessert?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-09-2014

Good morning. It's 73° with 100% humidity. Damp by any other name. The high will be 92° with a small chance of thunderstorms.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Have a doctors appointment this morning then the rest of the day is mine. No plans.

[Image: P1010061-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010042.jpg]

[Image: P1010206.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - model-a - 09-09-2014

That's what I saw It was on Monday night football.