The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-14-2014

Sun and a chilly 58 degrees.
Chief your free meals are starting to show.
Train club meet at my house yesterday evening.
Not sure about the policy here but the short video can be seen on one of the other forums.
detroit3railers
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-14-2014

Good morning everyone, I hope your weekend is going well. Triple-digit temps for the next three days, but rain forecast starting around Tuesday (well, some of those weather gals on TV think it could rain as early as today). I don't think that they stress accuracy in forecasting for those going to school to get their "broadcast meteorology" degree. I think they stress, looking good and neat, plus being able to fool everyone that you're really able to see where you're pointing as you move about a green screen. I got to give them credit when it comes to that....

Got a really fat letter in the mail yesterday from an organization that I won't name. Boy, did it contain some goodies, a pen, a sheet of address labels, a dozen Christmas cards, all different and all with matching envelopes and a small Christmas gift bag. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the 2015 calendar too. There was also the enclosed letter appealing for donations with boxes to check amounts from $10 to $100 or "other". I would love to continue supporting their organization in some small way, but I'd feel they would be better stewards of the support they do get if they just enclose a sheet of address labels like they usually do and not spend as much on trying to make you feel guilty if you don't donate.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-14-2014

Today's a day to mark on my calendar. My nephew came over and worked on my van without me having to tell him to do it. He put in a good battery, started it up then adjusted the carb until it 'sounded' good to him. That doesn't work for me as my scrambled up hearing rips the sounds apart and reassembles them in a different order. Now he's out driving it to see if see if it'll vapor lock on him. I told him that test is easy. Drive it to town, let it sit for about thirty minutes then try starting it again. If it performs as usual he's gonna need to get a jump to get it started. What's yanking my chain is he's now claiming that he 'fixed' it. He put in a battery and adjusted the carb. Gimme a break! He didn't take anything off or take anything apart. And he says there's no such thing as vapor lock. I told him that technically he's right. It's vaporization of the fuel in the line between the fuel pump and the carb. He needs to face facts. That statement would get him laughed out of any garage staffed by knowledgeable mechanics who KNOW what they're doing. Now I'm waiting to see if he brings it back in ONE piece. He took off out of here driving like some irresponsible punk kid.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 09-14-2014

RB - hmmm wonder what his motivation is? Goldth Vapor lock. Been there, done that. Same with carburetor icing. After trying to track down a host of issues with my old carbureted car recently, I realized that carburetors don't do well with today's ethanol-rich gasolines that vaporize at a lower energy. Hot weather+10% ethanol gasoline = vapor lock, fuel boiling out of carburetor bowl once engine is shut off and engine hesitation.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-14-2014

The van runs good now. Not great, but good. My nephew figured out the problem with the hot starting. Turn the key on and push the starter button. the coil won't fire. However, turn the key all the way to start and hit the starter button it'll fire up. He found it out accidentally while fooling around with the wires. Now there's a NEW problem! When he was bringing it back it blew a big hole in the radiator. So it's STILL useless to me. Tomorrow my nephew is going out in search of a triple core radiator.

Here's the kicker. He set the idle way down. I told him the problem with that is that it probably won't idle worth a darn on a cold start until the engine has warmed up. He got mad and started screaming about this this and that then he went to the truck, raised the hood and took the coil wire off so I couldn't start it. I called my father and told him what he did. Presently my nephew comes back [u]WITH the coil wire and my father close behind ready to kick him in the butt. He put the coil wire back on and that was the end of that.

That's all for now. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P2130486.jpg]

[Image: P2120459.jpg]

[Image: P2080445.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-15-2014

Good morning. It's 66° with 100% humidity. The high will be 88°. It'll be cloudy with a slight chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Not feeling good this morning. My nephew got me REALLY worked up yesterday and I got no sleep whatsoever. I've had a headache all night and I've got a throbbing ache on my right side just under the ribs. No plans for today other than getting my dressing changed. Yesterday I reported that my nephew took the coil wire off the truck and pocketed it. He only put it back because my father made him do it. Before I do anything else this morning I'm going to have a look under the hood. If the coil wire ISN'T there he's in real trouble. That would indicate he sneaked over during the night and removed it. That's trespass and theft!

[Image: P2030423.jpg]

[Image: P2020419.jpg]

[Image: P1230394.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-15-2014

Went out and checked the truck. Didn't raise the hood. Just checked that it would start. It did. Appears the guy is smarter than he acts. I'll be keeping my movements to a minimum. Every step out there and back hurt really bad.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-15-2014

Morning. Cloudy and cool. Hope to see Dr. this AM. May or may not do County Commissioners this afternoon. Why not. Got Mayors' Assoc. right after two blocks away. Got to get ready and go pickup great niece and take to elementary this AM.

RB, take it easy. Glad truck is OK.

Later

Chief Eagles Wrote:RB, take it easy. Glad truck is OK.
Oh yeah, the trucks fine. But I'm showing some signs of wear. It takes a concentrated effort just to move from the front room to my bedroom. Did I ever tell you guys what I like about bedrooms? There's almost always a bed in there.
Oh man, now I can't feel my lips.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-15-2014

meanwhile back in (sunny) Redcar UK its horrible damp and foggy , sea fret stuff , there's no fishermen off to-day , so the photos will have to wait for a day or so , that apart from aching joints and the failing eyes - life goes on ......

alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-15-2014

Good morning, another hurricane crawling up the coast of Mexico is suppose to dump some more rain on us this week, starting with later on tonight. I guess we postpone washing the vehicles for yet another week. Beyond that, the only activity we've been having around here is getting our house ready to go on the market. Lots of work, trips to the storage place, trips to Goodwill and a few to the local landfill. Still got lots of work in store for the next few weeks....

I went out today to see if I could get the vans engine to turn over. I wasn't very surprised when there were no indicator lights on the dash. I raised the hood and saw an empty space where the battery had been. My nephew had pulled the battery out and put it back in my mothers old ski boat, the Myna bird, a sixteen foot 1963 Lone Star Medallion Impress. Big boat with a big motor. 1980 90hp Evinrude, rebuilt of course. Typical. Only those things important to him are worth thinking about.

Had to go to the hospital this morning to give a blood sample then came home to get my dressing changed then got a call from the hospital saying that my blood sample had been fouled up and they needed a new one. So they came out here and drew the new sample. Nice of them. Later I finally got the call I was waiting for. Arrival time at the hospital was set at 0630 tomorrow. 6:30am for you civilians. Notified my sister as she's my ride there and back. Two hours later they called back and said the time had been pushed back to 10.00 or 10am. Again I notified my sister. She was happy. She could sleep in! I asked the nurse that came out to get the blood sample why I was required to have so many blood tests. I'd had a total of six already. Turns out it's because I'm an extreme high risk case. They keep coming back for more I might start charging for it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-16-2014

Morning all. Cloudy but suppose to turn sunny. At home. Got put on house arrest at noon yesterday by Dr. Seems I have some reaction or strange virus. Blood test being done. Taking steroids and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever meds [just in case]. Doing a lot better this AM. Will do a lunch meeting here today. Rest and watch a lot of TV for a few days.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-16-2014

Good morning, I guess we're bracing for another wet week. Announcements about where to get sandbags and how to use them are all over the TV news. Even the network news is tracking the damage from this hurricane through Mexico and we're going to get what's left. They say it won't be as bad as last week's, but then again, they never expected what happened last week either. Now we have images of TV personalities and politicians all helping with the cleanup from last week's storms and even filling new sandbags in anticipation for these new ones..... Good people????? I guess so, unless you remember that we do have an election coming up in a few weeks....... Icon_lol Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-16-2014

take care you guys , i'm sure the doc's and hospital staff will sort it for you's .
very foggy here , got some photos of the local fishing cobbles , there was only one boat out 219 - getting lobsters that's already been caught , they keep them in the big pots under seawater so they are fresh ready for the market . well as for the photos - i'm stuck , the new lap tops Windows 8 and I cant get my head around downloading them from the camera/card 35 , I wont give up as I plan to post photos of the layout ... take care

alan