The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-16-2014

Hello Blue
Full sun and 53 degrees
60s will be the high all week.
Almost got everything back to normal after hosting the club here Saturday night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 09-16-2014

ezdays Wrote:Good morning, I guess we're bracing for another wet week. Announcements about where to get sandbags and how to use them are all over the TV news. Even the network news is tracking the damage from this hurricane through Mexico and we're going to get what's left. They say it won't be as bad as last week's, but then again, they never expected what happened last week either. Now we have images of TV personalities and politicians all helping with the cleanup from last week's storms and even filling new sandbags in anticipation for these new ones..... Good people????? I guess so, unless you remember that we do have an election coming up in a few weeks....... Icon_lol Icon_lol

Those people crawl out of the woodwork around election time...Then you won't see them for a couple of years....(Which is pr'olly a good thing...) Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-16-2014

Good afternoon. It's 87° with 66% humidity. The high will be 88°. Cloudy. A slightly better than fair chance of showers and thunderstorms.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond60.jpg]

In and out of the hospital , no problems with that. Got a case of dry mouth that you wouldn't believe. Gotta go back tomorrow.

[Image: P1220390.jpg]

[Image: P1200382.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2309.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6437.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-16-2014

Somehow my nephew found a GOOD heavy duty triple core radiator for my van. It's from a scrap yard and they want $65 for it. A new one costs $200. As the son of a confirmed cheapskate I already know what my fathers answer will be. $120 - $65 = $55. He'll buy the cheap one (used) and call it a great deal. I know how scrap yards test these things. They put a tight cap on it, plug the bottom hole, put a plug with an air line connector in the top hole, pressurize it and sees if it leaks. I've bought one of these before. Didn't leak with just water. However when anti-freeze was added multiple leaks appeared. Being a smart guy who knows a bit about cars I already had the solution. Two raw eggs did the trick and that radiator never leaked again.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-17-2014

hi guys , running bear I think the eggs would have been better in a bun !!!

still trying to marry windows 8 with photos 35 [img]IMG1613[/img]

should see local promenade ....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-17-2014

35 keep trying , still lots of sea fog not cold though , no back to the photo's .......

alan

have posted photos on Flickr , will try again to-morrow .......

have fun guys Icon_lol

alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-17-2014

I have no problem posting photos with Win 8.1.

Good morning. It's 71° with 100% humidity and dense fog. The high will be 88° and cloudy with a fair chance of showers and thunderstorms.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Gotta go see the doc again. One day follow-up. Woke up this morning feeling like my van was parked on my left leg. I seriously hurt! I had a quick breakfast then took some Cipro and hydrocodon and now I don't care about the pain. I feel like I'm miles above it. I'm just waiting on my sister. No way am I driving anywhere feeling this good. I usually don't use pain killers at all. Most times I just ignore the pain. So you know it's gotta be INTENSE for me to be using them. For me the sooner we get there the better. I wanna see how much he jacked around with my wound. Be back later!

[Image: P1130331.jpg]

[Image: P1170370.jpg]

[Image: P1010328.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-17-2014

Morning all. Partly cloudy [sun is out] is forecast. Nothing much but a lunch meeting. Meds working good. Legs and feet are OK. Few joint pains off and on.

RB, hope you feel better. Speaking of radiators. Had to replace mine in my 97 Silverado 350. Was heavy duty with oil and trans coolers in it. $500. good luck.

Prayers for the CA fire victims. Also, those in the path of the hurricane/tropical storm. Those areas are not use to super amounts of rain.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-17-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:RB, hope you feel better. Speaking of radiators. Had to replace mine in my 97 Silverado 350. Was heavy duty with oil and trans coolers in it. $500. good luck.
Oh yeah, I know all about that song and dance. Nephew came over yesterday and pulled the old radiator out of the van so it can be compared with the one he found. I was spot-on yesterday when I said my father would spring for the used one.

Good doc visit this morning. Got the dressing on the surgical incision changed and got good look it. There's about twenty stitches starting at the wound where the big toes was and ending just short of the ankle. No deep wound areas. Had a couple of close calls though. I nearly lost my balance going up the front steps to the docs office and I very nearly fell over backward twice inside the building. Gotta go back there Monday. My nephew pulled the radiator out of the van yesterday so he can compare it to the one he found. I hope it matches.

Got two diesel road switchers today. An Athearn GP7 and a Bachmann GP30. Eventually I'll get decoders for both.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 09-17-2014

Good evening all,

Been a little under the weather last few days, seasonal fluctuation of temps wrecking havoc on sinuses.

Warm days and cold nights.

Have to work Thursday 2nd shift so hope to have cold under control by then.

Out of plastic for 3D printer, will have to get some more this week or weekend.

Been playing with sketch up and have a chassis for a 40 foot box car drawn, now I am trying a 3rd attempt to make a box car in S to 3D print, with a few things I have learned in the first two attempts I am thinking the 3rd version will be a winner then on two getting a nice roof too match the above.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-17-2014

I just noticed a change of function on the "show new posts" screen.
Used to be that the screen showed a red dot for each thread. If you refreshed the screen, threads you'd looked at changed to gray.
Now the dot changes colour when you return to the screen without having to refresh.

All day today I've been watching American Ninja Warrior on the TV. Suddenly I found myself in competition Upon standing I had fallen and getting up was quite the ordeal. My prosthetic leg had come off and I pulled it out of my pants leg and set it aside. Then I removed the leg cuffs and put them back on. I was tempted to grab the phone and call for help but that to me would be admitting defeat! I wouldn't be doing that! I wrestled myself up onto my knees and knee walked over to my computer chair. Placing my hands side by side on it I straightened my arms and lifted my 227 pounds up onto the chair and claimed my victory!Once I was on the chair I was able to get my leg back on and pull myself up to a standing position. Anybody who thinks that isn't a major workout should try it sometime. I hadn't done that much work since my rock climbing days of climbing El Capitan. Once I had my leg back on I was able to straight leg it to the bedroom. I sometimes wish I could still compete in events like Ninja warrior. Sadly those days are far in the past. Those people are in their world and I'm still stuck here in mine. But I have the satisfaction of knowing I won my competition hands down.

Today My nephew and I installed the new radiator in the van then started it and let it run for an hour. The temp gauge never rose above the 'C' on the gauge. The engine now runs very well and has plenty of power. My nephew drove it over to the north side of the circle and punched it and burned the tires. He left two long black marks and quite a bit of tire smoke. It's got some years left in it yet.I told him the idle may have to be increased. His back started to arch up and he tried taking a swing at me. That was the last straw! He got nailed across the back with my cane then his feet were jerked out from under him and he was thrown to the ground. He looked up at his mother an exclaimed, 'Why did you do that!'. He had been warned about trying to hit me.

Nothing more tonight. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN6885-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6881-Copy.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6773.jpg]