The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-20-2014

Good evening. It's 76° with 95% humidity. It's mostly clear. Tomorrow I'll be busy tying the vans choke down so the flooding is a minor nuisance. Later this year we'll put a manual choke on it. Thing is I've never found a choke to be of any use here. Now today my nephew said I can proceed as I see fit with this issue. If at some point in the future he starts climbing up my back about it I have it recorded on my Magicjack and can play it back in stereo at any time. It has my voice, his voice and the direct evidence of the conversation. I'm no fool. Don't try playing me for one. If he starts giving me a problem I'll be tying him down next.

The engine looks like a 350 with throttle body fuel injection. The system needs lots of work but it does work. My taking photos shows that I'm interested in it. If his friend doesn't like me photographing it he can considered my interest ended and find another buyer.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3378.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6375.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6270.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-21-2014

Good Sunday morning to you all. We've had rain in the forecast everyday for the past week or so, and there was little rain around our house. Today, there is no rain forecast, so we should expect to see a downpour. Icon_lol

Got some heavy stuff moved into storage yesterday, somehow I wonder about using common sense when it comes to taking on work, especially at our age. But then, who but us can decide what goes, what stays, what to put in the yard sale and what winds up in the landfill? With over 50 years of accumulation, it's time to downsize, and time to make those decisions... and so, the work goes on. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-21-2014

well its Sunday once again the start of another week , the way our weather is , autumn (the fall) is on its way - got to the local Tesco store to do the weekly shop this morning only to find the yobs had been in overnight and trashed a lot of wheels on the trolleys , this caused folks to wait and fight over the next available trolley 24
life is such fun Cheers

alan

printed some paper decals to finish the box car , its fictional !!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-21-2014

Good Morning Blue
Cloudy and 64 degrees.
Only news here IS the rain. Storms yesterday evening, downpours in the wee hours of this morning.
And the guessers say more is coming today. Lions football will make for a good nap by halftime.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-21-2014

Afternoon all. Sunny and hot [suppose to have been cool]. Weather person can't get it right from one day to the other. Not feel well today. Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-22-2014

Morning all. Sunny and turned cooler. Front came through last night with a much needed shower. All about the same here. Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-22-2014

good morning all - nice and sunny at last ! , having a lazy day - the good lady's having a quiet one to , the new meds (for Parkinson's) are starting to work , so life may be easier for her . That apart on the model front I have been decaling a steamer , and lining using Tamiya masking tape , this is my first go at masking but will be using it in future for fine lining .

take care guys - and have a good day .

alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-22-2014

Good morning all, I hope you are looking forward to a good week. Us, we're looking at winding up having the house look like a model home, ready for pictures, ready for buyers to stream in with contracts in hand. Still have a bunch of work to do, but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Temps still in the triple-digits for then next few days, humidity and dew points are in the mid-50's right now, close enough to rain, but there's none in the forecast until Friday. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-22-2014

Greetings, gang.

It's sunny and 45 outside my window this morning with a predicted high of about 72. Other than Tuesday night and Wednesday morning the pleasant weather should continue through the week. Don, it must be pretty miserable outside with the higher humidity.

Yesterday I finished putting up the ceiling fan in the dining room. All I have left is a new light fixture at the bottom of the stairs. Today I need to make a grocery run. The milk went sour and I need a few other items. Tomorrow is another chemo day so that will pretty much use up the day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 09-22-2014

Don, I've been curious for some time now. Evidently I missed something somewhere. What is the deal on moving? WE are considering moving in a year or so, from Northeast Texas to somewhere around San Antonio. Our daughter and grandkids all live around there. We have about 2600 sq. ft for just us 2, so we need only a little more than a third of that to live in. Trouble is, it'll take a year or so to clean out and throw out all the excess.

So are you moving away from there? Or just moving? Good luck , and hoping it sells fast.

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-22-2014

yellowlynn Wrote:Don, I've been curious for some time now. Evidently I missed something somewhere. What is the deal on moving? WE are considering moving in a year or so, from Northeast Texas to somewhere around San Antonio. Our daughter and grandkids all live around there. We have about 2600 sq. ft for just us 2, so we need only a little more than a third of that to live in. Trouble is, it'll take a year or so to clean out and throw out all the excess.

So are you moving away from there? Or just moving? Good luck , and hoping it sells fast.

Lynn

Lynn, we're in the same position as you, we have 2725 sq ft and just the two of us as well. We're looking to stay in the area, but downsize to around 1700 sq ft. We're going to take about a month to get the house ready, put stuff in storage, some to the landfill and a lot saved for a yard sale. We are pretty much on target to have the house look like the stager suggested. Once we're there, we go on the market and hope for the best. We don't have a clue yet as to where we're going, but our main focus is to get the house ready to show. I don't think we could handle a long distance move, even to the other side of town is further than we want to go. Our last move was about 40 miles, the one before that was closer to 100. The one before that was around 1000 (Houston to Phoenix), and before that about 1500. We find that difficulty is in direct proportion to distance. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-23-2014

and a GOOD and HEALTHY morning to everyone , nice to here all moaning about the weather , problems with motor vehicles , health issues - but we still find time to play trains Icon_lol
out shopping this morning , the freezers full so that'll keep us going for a couple of weeks , so next weeks pocket money is spending on train stuff - and a little something for the wife !
just starting to rain as I type , take care folks ...

alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-23-2014

Morning. Breezy, cloudy and cooler. Fall is here. Still on restriction by Dr. Do have a short ribbon cutting in town this afternoon. Will attend and immediately come home. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-23-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 70s for the week.
So they say.
Still dealing with issues from last months flooding storm.
No toy train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-24-2014

Good morning all, I just can't believe that it's Wednesday already, we still have a lot of work to do in the house, but we just might wrap things up by this weekend. I hope so, we need time for the bruises and achy joints to heal before we actually move... assuming, of course, that we are able to sell. The real estate market is picking up, so we'll see.