The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-24-2014

another dry day with big black clouds up above - no rain as yet , had a restless night - the lass next door must have been out ''working'' , comes home 4 am'ish and tends to slam the doors , she gets paid back with a noisy morning but wont learn Goldth
the car is booked in for its annual MOT test - its a UK government law , no test- no road tax - no insurance , the car is off the road , if no road tax paid the man picks car up , impounds it only way out is if owner pays back tax and new tax - and removal storage fees - no payment couple of weeks car is crushed .

our local station is getting a facelift - new waiting shelter on platform 2 ...
the Boulby-Teesport Potash train thunders through Central station with Freightliner class 66 loco ....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-24-2014

Rainy and chilly good morning. Rain is good. Radar showed good rain down east at farms [for food plots]. Fall is here finally. Good morning across the "pond". [afternoon there by now]

Did ribbon cutting yesterday afternoon. That was it. Human Services Dept. Director came by last night with her special chicken soup. Good. We chatted a little business. Nothing today unless new .17 WSM rifle comes in. If so, go to store and pick up. Suppose to have Human Services Board meeting tomorrow at 7 AM at town 30 miles south [Southern Regional Center]. Excused.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-24-2014

Good morning. Temp: 70°, humidity: 74%. High: 85°. Cloudy. East winds 5 to 10 mph.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Tree #2 (two hit by lightning recently) is being dealt with at this time. It was roped in the same manner as the last one. Tied the rope to the trailer ball on my van and at the signal pulled it over like it was nothing. It's now being cut up.

Just waiting on my Home Health nurse to call. I'm being put back on the wound vac. Reason? The surgical incision from the recent foot operation tore open and the doc believes it's the easiest way to get it to heal. Meanwhile I'm keeping the wound cleaned and wrapped.

No other plans for today.

[Image: P8120090.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1628.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1660.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-24-2014

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

Looks like upper 80's tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN1581.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1590.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1559.jpg]

Here's what can happen when you leave that faucet dripping!
[Image: DSCN1550.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 09-24-2014

Mr. Bachmann,

Nice too see some "foreign" proto type pictures, thanks for sharing them. That station looks very clean and well kept.

I have a DVD called the Flockton Flyer, a TV series from over there. It is an interesting show.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-25-2014

Cloudy and misty good morning. Suppose to clear by noon. ??? Good morning Brit. Glad you are posting here. Not much on agenda. Still some RMSF aches.

Over on the CTT forum [O gauge if you didn't know]. Guy gave this advice. Some folks. Icon_lol

"I would suggest you lube it with motor oil for everything. The grease supplied with the loco will likely turn to concrete in a short time. Motor oil never dries out or gets sticky. Lionel Lube is one of the worst. It turns into concrete in a few years. Don't use 3 in 1 oil, light machine oil, sewing machine oil, lithium grease, most greases, etc. I have used motor oil for almost 60 years with good results."

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-25-2014

AF350 Wrote:Mr. Bachmann,

Nice too see some "foreign" proto type pictures, thanks for sharing them. That station looks very clean and well kept.

I have a DVD called the Flockton Flyer, a TV series from over there. It is an interesting show.

will post some more , after all I enjoy the USA train photos , the station is getting a big tidy up (new shelters/electronic train time board/new walkways/new lighting to the car park ) by Network Rail , but its normally a tidy area .
the day started great but ....
the stupid car failed its test - FWD cv/uj joints , steering link/ball joint from rack to front wheel and the long brake pipe Master cyl to rear hub Curse ,
but the nice man in the test centre is fixing it ( gone are the days when I could crawl underneath and fix it 357 ) , so no buying train stuff for a while !!!

alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-25-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:"I would suggest you lube it with motor oil for everything. The grease supplied with the loco will likely turn to concrete in a short time. Motor oil never dries out or gets sticky. Lionel Lube is one of the worst. It turns into concrete in a few years. Don't use 3 in 1 oil, light machine oil, sewing machine oil, lithium grease, most greases, etc. I have used motor oil for almost 60 years with good results."

Later
I've found that Dexron/Mercon transmission fluid is good gear and bearing lubrication. I've been using it for many years.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-25-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s all week.
A planned visit with a couple of train club members tonight.
It is to chat and discuss layout plans.
His table is up so foam roadbed and track are next.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-25-2014

Good morning. It's 68° with 94% humidity. The high will be 85°, cloudy.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Filled the tank on the van yesterday so I have more than enough gas to get me through the rest of the month. I have plenty of rice and pasta dinners and plenty of flavored drink mixes. I am continuing to lose weight. Two weeks ago I weighed 227. This last Tuesday I weighed 222. I weighed that in 1988. I'm not taking any kind of diet pill nor am I on a diet. I just don't feel like eating much so I don't.

No plans for today though I'm sure something will present itself.

[Image: P7131502.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1530.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1517.jpg]

Uh-oh! Somebodies day got ruined!
[Image: DSCN1493.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-25-2014

Good morning all. Here we are heading to yet another weekend and we're still not quite ready to release the listing on the house to the MLS. Close, but not quite there yet. Temps today will still be in the triple-digits, but by Saturday, we'll be in the high 80's, and lots of rain.... at least that's what the forecast calls for.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-25-2014

Right Kev. New grease with Teflon and etc. is really slick and less wear. I use a light oil [synthetic] called Slick 50 1 Lube. Its slick. A drop on all the bearings and axles of engines. Then I use the new grease on gears. Even put a drop of 1 Lube on the ends of axles on all my rolling stock when I get it. Less resistance the less wear. Easier to run long trains too.

Good evening. It's 75° with 79% humidity. Partly cloudy, low 65°.

My dinner consisted of two beef and bean Chimichangas with mustard, spicy ketchup and Tabasco sauce.

Today I was recollecting on how to build a powered HO Scale slug and decided I don't want to start on another one anytime soon.

Same goes for repowering an Atlas/Roco FP7 with an Athearn blue box motor. Way too much work for the average project.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

Atlas/Roco/FP7/Athearn project, photo 1:
[Image: P1011480.jpg]

Atlas/Roco/FP7/Athearn project, photo 2:
[Image: P1011478.jpg]

Atlas/Roco/FP7/Athearn project, photo 3:
[Image: P1011483.jpg]

Atlas/Roco/Bachmann GP40 project.
[Image: P1011498.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-26-2014

Morning all. Suppose to have faired off. Still damp out. Headed east to the farms to check food plots and cameras. Friend Fred driving for a change. After all, I'm sick and poorly. Wink

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-26-2014

Good morning everyone, this week has be crazy for us, I'm not sure what day it is, but I do know that we've got a lot of work ahead of us before we're ready for the real estate photographer to show up. We're looking at rain today with a 90% chance tomorrow morning, just when we're scheduled to have our yardwork done. Don't get me wrong, we love the rain, we just don't like it when it screws up our work schedule. Nope

Have a good day everyone, and I hope you're looking forward to a good weekend. Big Grin