The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-26-2014

well the born of another day , garage has started work on the car - its the waiting game now !!!
windy , very sunny but when big black clouds show it drops it on us , that apart its a normal day ...

photo 1 ,"pesky redskins" , "they taste nice though" Goldth

photo 2 ,Union Pacific over the summit .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-26-2014

Good morning. It's 80° with 56% humidity. The high will be 85° and cloudy.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

The Home Health nurse called early today and has been here and gone already. She's somewhat favorably impressed with how the wound is healing. She took photos of it from several angles for my case file. It looks better after she cleaned it up this morning though it still looks like the result of a corn field meet between two high speed trains. Some parts of it are about half an inch deep while other parts look like the surface of Mars. Already had my lunch today. Two Chimichangas with mustard, ketchup and Tabasco. Looking forward to a rice dinner later.

Mailed in the payment for another year on the warranty on my air conditioner. As my mother was fond of saying, if you can't afford to replace it, insure it.

[Image: P1010713.jpg]

[Image: P1010139.jpg]

[Image: P1010123.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0019-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 09-26-2014

Good evening all.

Monday I tried something new for dinner Chicken gumbo, was not as spicy as I thought it would be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Bachmann,

Neat Tee- Pees, did you make them yourself? As a side note Tee-Pees were mostly plains Indian shelters. But in other regions they had lodges, temporary shelters made of sticks. And desert southwest they used adobe style homes.
Not sure who all had totem poles but pacific northwest tribes had them for sure.

I have some Cherokee ancestry from moms side of the family. Cherokee is a nation which is made up of several tribes from what I understand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worked hard lastnight on 2nd shift(trained some new hires let them do the work after showing them what to do while I watched most of them did fine with very little correction needed. They ran the machines at a slow speed which made it easier to train)

Not much new here train wise.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-26-2014

AF350 Wrote:Neat Tee- Pees, did you make them yourself? As a side note Tee-Pees were mostly plains Indian shelters. But in other regions they had lodges, temporary shelters made of sticks. And desert southwest they used adobe style homes.
Not sure who all had totem poles but pacific northwest tribes had them for sure.

I have some Cherokee ancestry from moms side of the family. Cherokee is a nation which is made up of several tribes from what I understand.
About 50% for me.
Cherokee nation

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-27-2014

AF350 Wrote:Good evening all.

Mr. Bachmann,

Neat Tee- Pees, did you make them yourself? As a side note Tee-Pees were mostly plains Indian shelters. But in other regions they had lodges, temporary shelters made of sticks. And desert southwest they used adobe style homes.

Not much new here train wise.

Hi AF350 and Running Bear , the T-Pee's are from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fiddlersgreen.net">http://www.fiddlersgreen.net</a><!-- m --> I came across them by accident and saved the picture to my photo's then printed it and it turned out O.K. they may be a bit small - but I model N scale and they fit around the lake side - the curve is drawn around a 12" LP record , and Backmann tram's , 0-6-0's and 45 and 70 toners and the Kato Glacier Express loco will handle the curves .

well that was the most exiting part of the day ... mmm , wonder if garage has car ready ????

alan

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-27-2014

Morning all. Beautiful fall day. Sunny and cool. Hope all can enjoy the same.

Yesterday, we found food plots growing great. Hidden trail cameras showing trespassers. Send them a warning.

Help Wifey decorate the gazebo at the Main Street Park across the street.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-27-2014

Good morning. It's 67° with 97% humidity. It will be cloudy with a high of 85°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

Unwrapped my foot this morning and inspected it closely. It's starting to heal. The exposed tissue (lots of that)is starting to scab over. Looking at it is somewhat like looking at a canyon. I packed it with gauze and wrapped it up. Maybe this one can heal quickly if I can keep the docs from playing in it.

No plans for today.

[Image: P1010139.jpg]

[Image: P1010087.jpg]

[Image: P1010065.jpg]

[Image: catteeth.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-27-2014

Good morning all. Today calls for 100% chance of rain, but nothing yet. There also are no triple-digit temps in the forecast, so perhaps fall has finally come to the Valley of the Sun (the name conjured up by the Chamber of Commerce, actually, we are officially, the Salt River Valley). Anyway, it is still humid and we're trying to get some work done on the house, so we are a bit grumpy to say the least.... but we'll manage, we always do... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-27-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 68.
Just returned from our first train show of the new season.
Nope didn't but anything.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-27-2014

Alaska Railroad f7B with AAR trucks
[Image: alaskarr1505.jpg]

Bachmann F7A shell on modified Proto chassis with AAR trucks.
[Image: P1010012.jpg]

Rare, extremely hard to find all-metal Bachmann 0-6-0. Only one I've seen.
[Image: P1010040-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-28-2014

Good morning. It's 69° with 94% humidity. The high high will be 85° and cloudy with a slight chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

I don't know why I call it a 'good' morning. I've been up most of the night so the first birds of morning are vile sounding creatures. Watched 'Patton' this morning to help pass the time. Checked my right knee the other morning and found a small tear that's took it's turn at getting infected. My immune system is a joke and I can almost get an infection by thinking about it. Washed down the area this morning with a alcohol sanitizing wash and it sure lit up that spot. I applied more antibiotic and a 2x2 dressing. I'll check it again tomorrow. When I found it initially it smelled like an infection. This morning there was no such smell so that's some good news.

[Image: P1010027-1.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0018.jpg]

[Image: P1010059.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-28-2014

Good morning everyone. It's been a wet weekend here so far. A real heavy storm came in yesterday from California (our normal "monsoon" storms usually come from the south), and drenched the area. Some places got over an inch and a half, Sky Harbor Airport was shut down and they said they had to evacuate the tower there because of the winds. We woke up this morning to still more heavy rain. Some freeways and roads were shut down because of flooding, which seems to be normal anymore. I don't mind the rain at all, except that we are getting our yard in shape for the real estate photos and they had to abort before they finished. Still more rain in the forecast for today. I also see where the Las Vegas area is getting hit just a much as we are, you'd thing that the clouds would by empty by the time they reached up there. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-28-2014

Morning all. Pretty sunny fall day. Hope all have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-28-2014

More news on the Chevy van 20. It's been moved to my sisters property, minus the dozen dogs that were running around it before. The only body damage I can see is on the right rear door. The tires are in fair shape considering it's been sitting in a field for several years.

It's already become a 'family' project. My father, my sister and her husband feel that's just right considering they screwed me out of the pickup. There won't be any original owner getting in the way with excuses like 'It's sentimental' as he's deceased, a victim of brain cancer and his heir doesn't want anything to do with it. He was going to sell it for scrap. It'll be several months before it can be driven. I'm not a Chevy man but it'll be a big step up from the old RAM van. Parts should be cheaper too. Starting now, Jeff's 'Van Project' is moving forward.

[Image: DSCN6905.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6903.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6902.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6904.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-28-2014

Good luck with "Jeff's van project" I just got a van myself, but it's a 2004 Ford with a 6.0 diesel. Already removed 600 pounds of seats. 17 MPG on first tank.
Charlie