The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-28-2014

Good evening. It's 72°, 96% humidity. It's been a good day for me. My family has showed that they are ready and willing to help. My old RAM van has about had it. The engine and tranny work OK but the rest of it creaks, bangs and rattles going down the road and these sounds are LOUD! It's also drafty as an old castle. That's not too bad in the summer but in the winter it can be hard to stay in with NO heat. Now work is starting on a 1996 ChevyVan 20 aka G20. This one is in the 3/4 ton to 1 ton weight class. This vehicle has both A/C and heat. However the brake system is "out to lunch"! The brake booster doesn't work at all. It looks to need brake work all around.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010001-65.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4785.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4766.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-29-2014

Morning all. Cloudy. Had a light shower earlier. Hope we have some more. Not really forecasted. Getting things done here. Have early AM breakfast tomorrow at PNC arena. School volunteer thing. Then off to Frankie's for several days as nurse. He has shoulder operation Wed. AM.

Have a good week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-29-2014

good luck with the van RB , got the car back on Sunday - so all's well .

meanwhile been working on my old car and now to hunt for a Lockheed master cylinder , and top flexi hose , have just repaired the seals on the front wheel cylinder and fitted new shoe's - the hub was up graded from 4 inch to 7 inch diameter and just nicely fits inside the 8 inch wheel - mind you if I have a blow out l need a new drive chain !!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-29-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have wonderful sunshine with a forecast of Hi 70s today.
Now tomorrow that's gonna be a different story.
Got an item on my mind that I should have bought at the train show Saturday, but I think most of us have done that.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-29-2014

Good morning. It's 78° with 79% humidity. The high will be 85° and cloudy with a slight chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

No plans for today. Already had my foot tended to and wrapped by the Home Health nurse.

[Image: Image5.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4182.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4131.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-29-2014

Good evening. It's a cool 72° with 95% humidity. Went down to my fathers place today to do some computer work for him. Got that done then he, my step mother and myself all went to Wagon Master for dinner. I had a garden salad with French dressing, fried catfish and sweet potato fries. I still have some of the catfish left for lunch tomorrow. Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN4003.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3979.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3957.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3914.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-29-2014

We had interesting day. Started with 2 1/2 hours at 9/11 museum. Then went to Trainworld. Dayle found a couple of Polar Express items and a video; I came out empty handed.
Then we tried to get back to Wall Street area. We had decided to change from the F to the 2/3 at Boro Hall area. At Jay we were sent to the R train (cryptic signage) to Court stn (asked directions and we might have gone either way) one short stop then a mighty long inside walk to Boro Hall station.

Roughly 1.5 hours to the ferry (short grocery shopping on the way).

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-30-2014

Good morning everyone. Been a really nice day here yesterday and today looks like the same. Fall has finally come to the Sonoran Desert. A few days ago we were running 5-10 degrees above normal, now we're 5-10 degrees below normal. Let's hope it stays this way for a while. We need a break between when the A/C shuts off and the furnace turns on. Some years that winds up to be just a few days.

Still working on the house getting it ready for real estate photos which will take place tomorrow. We should be ready, although our bodies are telling us, "enough, time to quit and relax for a while".

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-30-2014

hi gang - its great here - summer has returned , took advantage of the fine weather and changed the oil and new filter on the family car - with the garage doing the steering it now goes in a straight line Goldth
looked into the local motor factor for Lockheed Master Cylinder but they were unable to help , will keep searching - Club spare's didn't have any - they seem to be getting windscreens made due to none available second hand ,

for your amusement , <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bondownersclub.co.uk">http://www.bondownersclub.co.uk</a><!-- m -->

one of the landmarks on the promenade .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-30-2014

Good morning. It's 80° with 78% humidity. Yeah, that sounds somewhat backward so I checked it twice. The high will be 88°, somewhat cloudy with a a slight chance of rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

No plans for today. Still have fried catfish on the menu for lunch.

[Image: DSCN3886.jpg]

Bachmann GP40 body and Bachmann GP38-2 chassis with Digitrax DZ125 decoder.

[Image: DSCN3821.jpg]

Bachmann GP40 trainset body on Bachmann DCC OnBoard GP38-2 chassis. Decoder was replaced with a Digitrax DZ125. Railings are also from the 38-2.
[Image: DSCN3776.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-30-2014

Afternoon all. Early breakfast meeting in Raleigh. Errands and then go to Frankie's. Will "babysit" him after his shoulder operation tomorrow AM. Back Friday noon. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-30-2014

Good evening. It's 72°. Humidity is 78% and it's cloudy.

My nephew was working on the Chevy van today. The alternator and the brake booster have been replaced. Tomorrow he's going to see if everything's tight then start it and see if he can get off the trailer without any major problems. That sounds good to me as I want to see it moving under it's own power. The sooner it's road ready the sooner the old RAM can be retired.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3741.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3752.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3720.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-01-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy, rainy, and 57 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. The high for today is supposed to be about 70.

Had chemo again yesterday which was a good sign. Last week the doctor told us that if this drug didn't work that we should look for a hospice. It was a long week waiting to see if this drug would help.

yesterday afternoon I cleaned up the leaves in the yard for the first time this season. Then last night I brought the storm windows to the basement. I need to repaint them and replace all the hooks and eyes. On tap for today is a review of health insurance options for next year as my former company has decided to drop supplemental insurance for retirees.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-01-2014

Good Morning Blue
58 degrees and cloudy. Our beautiful warm days are gone for now.
Just checking in. The big 3 rail news is the announced Milwaukee Rd engine house by Menards.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-01-2014

Good morning all. To paraphrase SJ, our beautiful warm days are here for a while. Yes, gone are those triple-digit temps that have gone up to 117 degrees this year. Gone are those high power bills in order to keep us cool during those excessive temp days. Yup, it was a chilly 61 this morning and the highest temp this week will be 97 on Saturday. A bit above normal, but still tolerable.

That's about it. We're waiting for the photographer to take pictures of our house, then we're going to collapse for a couple of days until we are rested. it's been a lot of work for us old folk to get to this point. Icon_lol